African-American Scientist

>African-American chemist Percy Julian was a pioneer in the chemical synthesis of medicinal drugs such as cortisone, steroids and birth control pills.

>Born in Alabama in 1899, pioneering chemist Percy Julian was not allowed to attend high school but went on to earn his Ph.D. His research at academic and corporate institutions led to the chemical synthesis of drugs to treat glaucoma and arthritis, and although his race presented challenges at every turn, he is regarded as one of the most influential chemists in American history.

In light of Black History month I believe we should have a thread to acknowledge the greatest Black scientist of all time.

my fave black person is mandingo for fuckng ur mom!! fag!!

Keep hating

HELLLURRRRRR CAN WE GET SOME BLACK SCIENTIST UP IN HERE?

T...they were all mixed race, i...it doesn't count.

HALLELUJAHURRRRRR

>percy Julian
>better than neil degrass tyson

step it up nigger

all these 1/2 and 1/4 black people sure showed me that my racist ways were wrong

>african
>scientists

this is like mexican intellectuals all over again

Even if you were a /pol/ tier race doctor, shouldn't you believe that despite IQ average being lower there should still be a few outstanding individuals?

>He was the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland from 1984 until his retirement in 2013. As a pioneer in neurosurgery, Carson's achievements include performing the only successful separation of conjoined twins joined at the back of the head, pioneering the first successful neurosurgical procedure on a fetus inside the womb, performing the first completely successful separation of type-2 vertical craniopagus twins, developing new methods to treat brain-stem tumors, and reviving hemispherectomy techniques for controlling seizures.[5][6][7][8][9] He became the youngest chief of pediatric neurosurgery in the country at age 33.[10] He has received more than 60 honorary doctorate degrees, dozens of national merit citations, and written over 100 neurosurgical publications.[11] In 2008, he was bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States.[12]

Is this bait?

just 10 ?

>and he still cant see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch

in all seriousness, you can be extremely good at something while being shit at another. He's not a politician, he's a surgeon. the skills dont really translate...

Still, wow. I had no idea he was such a good doctor.

why are there several quite big name, black chemists from the 20th century but the only quite big name black mathematician from the 20th century is Blackwell (mathematical statistics) ?

Is it because mathematics and physics at research level require a higher IQ than chemistry and biology?

> google "American mathematician"
> results are 90% black guys who nobody's ever heard of.

> google "American inventor"
> results are 90% blacks who nobody's ever heard of.

Explain this shit Veeky Forums

It was even like the before black history month.

>Is it because mathematics and physics at research level require a higher IQ than chemistry and biology?
Literally yes. On the general population, you have a lower amount of physicists and mathematicians as opposed to other academics.

That's just to show stormfags that black people can also be smart, as opposed to their stereotype of the dumb, aggressive ape that most people have in their heads.

It has to do with Google's crappy tagging/filename system.

Basically, including the keyword "American" will pick up everything tagged "African American" first.

Search for "British mathematicians" for example and there are no black people. But try searching images for "American couple" or something and most will be black.

I'm sure they've deliberately not fixed it because they want to promote African Americans. Google has a well-known reputation for prioritizing their liberal pro-diversity agenda ahead of the truth.