Stirner and facism

>"At first sight, Nazi totalitarianism may seem the opposite of Stirner's radical individualism. But fascism was above all an attempt to dissolve the social ties created by history and replace them by artificial bonds among individuals who were expected to render explicit obedience to the state on grounds of absolute egoism. Fascist education combined the tenets of asocial egoism and unquestioning conformism, the latter being the means by which the individual secured his own niche in the system. Stirner's philosophy has nothing to say against conformism, it only objects to the Ego being subordinated to any higher principle: the egoist is free to adjust to the world if it is clear he will better himself by doing so. His 'rebellion' may take the form of utter servility if it will further his interest; what he must not do is to be bound by 'general' values or myths of humanity. The totalitarian ideal of a barrack-like society from which all real, historical ties have been eliminated is perfectly consistent with Stirner's principles: the egoist, by his very nature, must be prepared to fight under any flag that suits his convenience."

Is he right, lads?

No. This is some asshole pushing his own opinion. Stirner disliked the state as it is a spook.

>the stirner was an anarchist meme

Damn, what a refiutation.

>egoist must be prepared to fight under any flag

How the heck is that compatible with fascism? The point is unwavering loyalty to a single flag.

Not a Stirnerian at all but this is just lazy.

>At first sight, Nazi totalitarianism may seem the opposite of Stirner's radical individualism.
>But

This reminds me of the cliche of the racist who says "I'm not racist, but..." It's the classic disclaimer before you say something false.

It's compatible with a fascist society, not necessarily religious belief in it.

nope, the nation state is a spook.
also, you don't use greentext to quote yourself.

Mussolini was a fan of Max in his youth, and used to call things spooks as a young journalist. He also said that fascists were the only true anarchists, because they did exactly what they wanted rather than being caged my moral rules.
Of course, the morons on this board don't know that, but fascism was entirely shaped by Stirnir's philosophy.

The Stirnerian is potentially suited to any kind of society, then.

But the OP's quote suggests there's some sort of natural affinity between Egoism and fascism which is absurd. He refutes himself when he deploys the fight under any flag metaphor precisely because of how hostile that attitude is to the ideology of fascism.

I'm also not sure what he means by "artificial bonds," seeing as historical bonds would be equally artificial unless he was positing some kind of natural progression of humanity, in which case fascism wouldn't have been possible. So on top of misreading Stirner badly, the author of the quote creates a self-refuting definition of fascism.

In your opinion, What would be Stirner's thoughts on ethnic ties? I personally think anyone who believes fascism absolutely requires a nation-state as pretty narrow minded. Of course fascism strives to build or control a nation-state, but it does not by any means suggest a fascist can't be a fascist without his respective state existing.

Ethnicity is a spook. Just like the nation-state.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'd like further explanation if convenient. I've personally never read any of Max's work. It's just that ethnicity has *some* foundation in Biology. I would assume the hard sciences are relatively free of spooks unless I'm just a complete retard.

>He also said that fascists were the only true anarchists, because they did exactly what they wanted rather than being caged my moral rules.
Structural-realists also say this about international relations. It doesn't mean they're stirnerites you donk.

>fascism is anarchy
have you been tested for mental retardation?

The fact that fascists were inspired by Stirner or that being a fascist or living in a fascist society is inherently bad is a

S__OK

2 guesses (I'll give you hint, there's no A, or B, or even C in there)

>there's no A, or B, or even C in there
Calm down Trotsky

>the egoist, by his very nature, must be prepared to fight under any flag that suits his convenience."
this just shows how retarded fascists have this schizophrenic logic where they're able to make every ideology compatible with fascism in their heads.
stirner talked about rational egoism not ethical egoism, you don't HAVE to do anything.
>Stirner's philosophy has nothing to say against conformism, it only objects to the Ego being subordinated to any higher principle
this is the highlight.

He's absolutely wrong. Stirner is the total opposite of fascism. Fascism is about social hierarchy and the vindicatory violence spook. Stirner is about hierarchy not being socially imposed and caring for one's own responsibilities, interest and capabilities first and foremost in a non-opposing, non-comparative manner.

Nothing is a spook in and of itself.

No. Fascists were influenced by the syndicalist kind of anarchists, not the egoist kind.

The authentic Italian fascist thought that race was (mostly) a social construct. Well they thought that almost everything was at least partially a social construct, but they were pretty vocal against race-based ideals.

This prompts me to do some reading. Thanks for the reply