Wallace on trump

Now that /pol/ have memed Trump into presidency, I would be really curious to hear what DFW would have to say about it.
I know my OUIJA table would be more reliable than Veeky Forums, but what do you think about it, based on what he has written? Any particular passage come to mind? Is Trump president Gentle from IJ?

Other urls found in this thread:

publicintegrity.org/2016/10/17/20330/journalists-shower-hillary-clinton-campaign-cash
deadline.com/2016/09/fox-news-cnn-msnbc-donald-trump-ratings-records-quarter-third-1201827147/
adweek.com/news/television/trump-phenomenon-delivered-massive-ratings-cable-news-174539
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doesn't he have some interview where he condemns people who watch television and particularly their fascination with "reality" shows?

He'd probably just laugh at us and say I told you so. A large minority of Americans actually voted to bring the fantasy of television into the White House. They've transformed global politics into a sit-com. The fate of millions of undocumented workers, of Syrian refugees, of debt-ridden millenials has been reduced to a tune-in-next-time dramedy. And if people have to die, or if there are mass protests, or if the value of our currency spirals downward, it'll be great for ratings.

>Catalog

He had interviews where he said that he believed the only possible revolution would have been made by people who don't watch television.
Now, if you think about Trump election, mainstream media were all against him. They lead people into being delusional by claiming HIllary was going to win, and that she was ahead in the poll when she was not.
Now, people who got info by themselves on the internet and not from mainstream media are the ones who voted for Trump.

To say that the media as a whole was categorically "against" Trump is obviously untrue, but you're not getting my point.

People enjoyed watching Trump say controversial things just as they enjoyed watching various pundits pantomime outrage. It was all a great big show and Trump's supporters had front row tickets. This is one of the great ironies of the election: Trump would encourage his supporters at rallies to boo the very media that made his rise to power possible, and then the media would dutifully record it and play it back for Trump's supporters to watch.

Wallace predicted Trump in IJ. JG famous crooner is essentially a reality star turned politician who breaks the typical right/left model of politics and appeals to all sorts of groups which usually don't mix. He does this by making pie in the sky feel good populist plans that will obviously never work. It's actually kind of scary how similar JGFC and DJT are.

Next time on Trumps America: Trump says things and people cry.

The Talking Trump with Chris Hardwick will be on right after this break... What will Trump do next?

Will Trump become dangerously OCD like president Gentle?

>To say that the media as a whole was categorically "against" Trump is obviously untrue
Nearly every news network, late night show, online news syndicate, and newspaper excoriated him ever since he announced his candidacy.

I mean if dfw was alive i don't think trump would have ton tbqh

>To say that the media as a whole was categorically "against" Trump is obviously untrue
No, it's absolutely true.
publicintegrity.org/2016/10/17/20330/journalists-shower-hillary-clinton-campaign-cash

You guys don't get it. The outrage was part of the show. By giving him any air time they are supporting him. The media and Trump both profited by his success.

>By giving him any air time they are supporting him.
>If you kill your enemies, they win

gets it
Sure they didn't like the guybut no matter how they actually felt as individuals they couldn't resist the siren song of ratings and money for covering him to the exclusion of all else

They didn't try to kill him though. His continued existence gave them more viewers. It was in their interests for him to succeed. People tuned in every day to see what crazy shit Trump said. Trump was a godsend to 24/7 news networks.

Please stop arguing with them, they're college liberals, they don't know any better.

Apart from the multiple stations whose viewership collapsed because they were so heavily bias against Trump or the multiple journalists and statisticians whose careers are literally finished because of how badly them embarrassed themselves, or the directors that have lost millions when people starting dumping media stocks.

Yeah man, they totally profited from trump.

>The outrage was part of the show.
Do you think that is somehow an argument? They were doing their damnedest to make Trump look bad and avoid talking about Hillary's scandals. They can't well not talk about a presidential candidate.

You blatantly have no fucking idea how ratings work.

You obviously don't read the business papers, MSNBC and CNN ratings literally collapsed in 2016, they aren't even in the top 10 networks any more.

deadline.com/2016/09/fox-news-cnn-msnbc-donald-trump-ratings-records-quarter-third-1201827147/
>CNN clocked its most watched quarter in eight years
>MSNBC drew its biggest total-day audience

adweek.com/news/television/trump-phenomenon-delivered-massive-ratings-cable-news-174539
>altogether Clinton-Trump 2016 delivered the most total viewers of any presidential debate cycle in history

FOX has been killing the other networks for over a decade so that isn't really new.

>implying some irrelevant, no-substance wikileaks emails are nearly as important as a major presidential candidate caught on tape saying "GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY"

get fucked.

oh no not some distasteful words

>incriminating emails
>not substanstive
>woman dont like being grabbed by alpha males even when they allow them to do it

being this beta

(I think that was sarcasm)

I know ;)

I like how on Veeky Forums a thread about Trump a DFW becomes a thread about Trump.

Trump is not Gentle yet but hopefully he won't be any worse. We should avoid suspecting that he an hero'd to avoid all this, he was just off his meds.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=22AYtR6pYXw

oh shi

>living your alpha fantasies out on Veeky Forums

I know you meant well, but fuck you for bringing /pol/itics into my Veeky Forums safe space.

Yep, DFW would have had an "I told you so" sort attitude, but -importantly- he also would have been able to communicate a deep hurt from both the outcomes and the fact that he feels stuck saying "I told you so".

Unless he actually does something more absolutely crazy than the things he's already promised, then J.G., F.C. is as good a prediction as I've ever been able to find. It's amazing to me though, the amount of work via education and civic involvement that would need to take place in order to get a large enough segment of the population to actually do the work of reading things like IJ. DFW spent most of his work trying to make it non-tweetable, to varying degrees of success. Spectacle has been proven to win over nuance, and that's what hurts me (and, I'd like to think, him) the most.

>Combined, the three network newscasts have slotted 100 minutes so far this year for reporting on Hillary Clinton’s emails while she served as secretary of state, but just 32 minutes for all issues coverage. (NBC’s Nightly News has spent 31 minutes on the emails this year; just eight minutes on issues.)

Verily it doth quicken one's mind.

wow........

It's almost as if the the vast majority of so-called 'mainstream' media prohibits their employees from making donations to any political organization. So while those numbers might be correct a good portion comes from non-political editors or smaller, local journalists.

>caring about politics

for a board as individualistic as Veeky Forums, I'm shocked and slightly disappointed. You can't do anything, so why bother getting upset?