How true is this SMBC comic, Veeky Forums?

How true is this SMBC comic, Veeky Forums?

Currently 20 in college for chemical engineering, not sure about job prospects/internships etc.

What's your experience with life satisfaction over time?

it isn't true at all

Why? What would yours look like?

>being happier at 80 than 40
>anyone

very

all normies know how to do is "enjoy themselves"

such an outlook is unsustainable

Life satisfaction at old age is mostly dependent on your health, and whether your friends are still alive

there you go, most nerds are at their happiest in their mid 40s when their life's work is complete- they feel like a child again, most people are happiest in their teens to late 30s when they party, start a career, a family etc.

the vertical lines are
>red
>puberty, marriage/kids, divorce, parents die
>blue
>puberty, research breakthrough, research work invalided, tenure

By almost every measure, people in mid age are happier than they were when they were young. Old age, obviously, is a different story.

>not being happy when the sweet release of death finally draws near

Is there any actual research on this?

It should be "nerds who actually achieved something". Most nerds are in fact brainlets who are just shit at being normies too.

yes

lots

Where?

integrate that shit for me homie

>research work invalided
oh shit

if immortality is invented then does that mean nerds life will just keep on getting better

Nah most people get big satisfaction boost when they retire and have grandkids.

Nerds are unlikely to have children and are likely to lose purpose when they retire.

Not really. The dissatisfaction in the twenties is grossly exaggerated. I can see how school may be a bit tough, and maybe the first few years in the twenties, but once you are at university, you have little reason to whine about your life. You are usually among same-minded peers and you finally have the freedom to pursue your interests fully. I'm 26 now and I honestly can't say I ever felt more content with my life. The sort of alienation you are confronted with in school really never goes away, you will always feel like you are different from the rest. You just get over it eventually.

are you still in university though?
it's real life that sucks (aka getting a job)

UPVOTED