NASA Future Under Trump!

What's the future of NASA with the Trump Administration?

back to libtard

hopefully it won't have one
it literally provides no return to the economy while sucking up taxpayer money like it was gravy
it shouldn't exist

Wb Apollo? Was that worth our tax dollars ?

no

not totally sure, only because I'm not read-up on the impact that the space race had on the outcome of the cold war.
aside from that, no, it wasn't worth the tax dollars.
yeah it was badass and everything, but that's about it. no ROI, no lasting effect, just a few missions that lasted no more than a couple of days then no more humans outside of LEO at all, ever
so yeah, not worth it

What about our robotic invasion of Mars or the fact the we took fucking pictures of Pluto from orbit?

Sure, no people, but anyone who's played Kerbal Space Program can tell you that a trip to outer space gets a shit ton easier if you don't have to monitor the damn thing while it's waiting for it's next waypoint.

I'm pretty sure Trump is all for manned space flight that's why he wants to cut boring shit like climate science.

What did he mean by this?

We have no idea

>we should only do things if it generates a profit
that doesn't sound fun

(OP)
well we're only a month in, and it has already declassified knowledge of the existence of TRAPPIST-1

I'd say that the future holds promise, for the first time in nearly 50 years now

They are pitching the only reason for getting funding from Trump. It worked in the 60s, why not now.

No, NASA worked in the 60s because it was a new organization constituted by dozens of fresh out of college top of their class engineers and physicists with nothing to lose and everything to prove.
Now NASA is a stagnant beurocracy doing anything they can to keep the taxpayer life support plugged in.

NASA returns between 7 and 14 dollars per dollar spent.

Literally kill yourself, we'll all be better off without you.

It's shit. Next question.

He's a salesman who talks in platitudes. It doesn't mean anything except that he wants you to feel good when he's talking so that you'll buy what he's selling.

Except he's been delivering on his promises.

Do you feel this way about military pork spending too or do you just have a hate on of an agency that spends a small fraction of the amount of taxpayers money by comparison in return for scientific data about space and advancements in materials technology

NASA by law has to publish all of its scientific data, and there's no reason to have classified the discovery of Trappist-1 in the first place, what is China gonna get there first? People haven't even been to the Moon in over 50 years.

More so than any president before him.

So where do you draw the line faggot, between someone is simply saying platitudes, and someone who is saying what they plan to do? Because its likely with Trump, that he will do what he says.

NASA can't do anything without congressional approval. If Congress mandates the key design elements of the SLS, NASA has to build it that way even though it's retarded. NASA has become more of a pork program as a result of congressional influence as well as old thinking getting in the way of new ideas like propulsively recovered reusable boosters.

Tuck Frump!

and wuck fite people

HE'S A MORAL BOOSTER FAGGOT, GET YA SPIRITS HIGH!!!

Nothing compares to them though. NASA has more money than any other space agency and is why commercial crew exists at all. They have access to everything within the military-industrial complex, much like the AEC (which was their contemporary in the 60s) could.

>lying to try to prove a point
>then telling people to kill themselves
take your own advice, worthless imbecile

This guy will run it.

>I'm pretty sure Trump is all for manned space flight

He isn;t. Or at least, he wasn;t.

During the campaign, his website explained that while he liked the idea of exploring space, right now things like infrastructure have a more pressing claim on our tax dollar. Other then the one speech he made to a lot of space-industry dependent voters, there has been no sign he has any real interest in the US resuming a leadership role in space.

I'd rather have a heavy booster, at this point.

No, it does not.

Glorious.

No it doesn't.

Yeah. Why would I feel any differently about needless spending in other areas? I'd rather tax money be spent on NASA than the military because NASA doesn't kill innocent people.
That was a stupid assumption to make

just checking

What makes NASA entitled to other people's wealth when the program provides no significant economic returns whatsoever?