Veeky Forums tattoos

Does Veeky Forums have any literature-related tattoos? I have a tattoo of Matthias the Warrior and a Smaug the Magnificent bracelet. I also have a Black Sabbath tattoo, but that's irrelevant (altho part of it is lyrics).

Prepare to get shit on, but I'd just like to say nice Sabbath tattoo. Smaug is cool too.

No offense m8 but you should delete this thread while you can. You're only going to get shat on.

>02:46:51
fuckin lol

>take that shit to reddit where it belongs

Hear that sound?

Its the farts before the storm.

was thinking of getting a Paradise Lost related tattoo. maybe Eve being persuaded by Satan at the tree or something. think it might look cool.

You need to hit the gym bra and stop getting shitty tats.

I have "Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat" tattooed on my chest. My only tattoo.

> That font

Its the elder sign. Lovecrafts version not the star version. Angle i took the photo makes it look more distorted than it is though.

Shit lyrics

I like tattoos. Not so much because they look nice (they never do), but because they serve a very important social function--tattoos identify the toxic, impulsive, and superficial members of our society who are a threat to our collective intelligence and well-being.

Those who choose to get tattoos are immature and childish. They're prone to making poor life choices with irreparable consequences, and that's information I like having. I know to avoid these people, I know not to hire them, I know they're irresponsible, I know they probably won't do their jobs very well (if at all), I know they have trouble thinking critically and rationally, I know they are narcissistic, and above all, I know that they are superficial. There exists no non-superficial reason for getting a tattoo in the modern Western world

None of these traits are particularly attractive, but then again, neither are tattoos.

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos as I tend to get bored with things easily and after a month or too after getting a tattoo I'd probably start thinking about replacing it which would be of course problematic.

but yeah, lit tattoos are based, If I was to have one it would be something from The Great Gatz

jeez who was your tattoo artist, they butchered that shit

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAH

I think you're a stupid, narrow-minded person for thinking this.

A tattoo is a way of taking agency of the flesh and can be a symbolic rite of passage into the autonomy of adulthood. Civilizations have deliberately marked their bodies since the dawn of man to demarcate stages of significance and meaning in an individual's life, and the actual content of the tattoo itself is pretty immaterial. I don't have a tattoo, but I can understand the subconscious appeal, and it goes much beyond ostentatious showboating, which is something that an individual who is incapable of thinking beyond surface phenomena would imbue the practice with

you're an idiot.

>falling for a pasta
kys

I used to be ambivalent toward tattoos and piercing but I've learned to both accept them and recognize the historical significance of body modification in nearly every culture.

Some cultures literally have tattoos. I've seen the preserved skin of old Portuguese sailors and they had all sorts of tattoos. It's pretty good stuff anons.

Get a tattoo, get something you want. It becomes a part of you.

I like tattoos, but goddammit work on a design first. These morons who get an entire paragraph inked onto their arms or back obviously never gave any consideration to the way ink fuzzes and fades over time. There are plenty of literature-inspired pieces of art and designs, get something like one of those instead of some tacky quote that looks like a bumper sticker.

>white people

My tattoo demarcates the significance and meaning of loving Star Wars and my rite of passage into adulthood

>getting shitty tattoos

What am I, some trendy millenial?

I decided to not get any tattoos to express my originality.

i really like the smaug one and have considered getting that myself

I've got a Kurt Vonnegut tattoo on my arm.

Tattoos are look at meeeeeeeeeeeeee tier if you're a Fucking White Male

You have no culture so you imbue symbols from popular corporate culture / other civilizations / some uninspired contrived bullshit onto your skin to give you a semblance of meaning in your cuck lives

Ironically in an effort to attain some intrinsic meaning in your life you're doing something literally superficial

Where am I wrong

what would Veeky Forums think of a steppenwolfe tattoo

>steppenwolfe
what would it look like user?

I intended the lines to be messy and crude. Makes it look more hand drawn, like a cave painting or something. Im happy with it still.

I feel it, but it does kind of look like you drew it with a sharpy.

you will never intellectually progress beyond memes, I feel very sorry for you

I have about 7 literature related tattoos but they're not visible when I'm fully dressed. I have more planned for when I can afford it.

But that would be cool

I INK, THEREFORE I AM!

Faggot

show us, or at least describe them.

i have the trojan wall on my ass, cause no greek will ever penetrate it.

They're just quotes (No, none of the usual ones) written mainly in bands around my limbs.

Got this a month ago.

>Hasta la vista siempre

S American communism? They really stretch Marx.

Looks like terrible garbage, friend.

Is it his anus?

fucking awful

Redwall tattoo is nice man, really dang coolio.
I don't have a literary tattoo yet, although I plan to get Vonnegut's Temptation of Saint Anthony. Picture related.
I got Unfun written on my chest, because I am dumb and I like the band Jawbreaker. While I kind of regret it, It makes me laugh and I guess I could always get it removed.

thats not how you greentext user

Yes I love tattoos!

You realize that tattoos aren't Veeky Forums, right? Fucking pleb.

Fucking this.
The natural body is itself a work of art and those that mindlessly decide to modificate it's appearence by carving meaningless scribbles over it expose their lack of appreciation regarding aesthetic matters.

Call this chef, this pasta is stale

Che's face is butchered, the "la" is so out of place it hurts my eyes. The "la" is supposed to be higher than the end of "Hasta", that's true, but fuck me that's terrible execution.

Please tell me this was made by a blind 6 year old.

Btw. I wanted to have that motto inked on me because I was a dumb >20 communist and my gf's name was Victoria, so 7/10 for the idea.

nice rat lol

see this is the wrong type of literary tattoo. Not that there's necessarily a right one, but this is definitely the wrong one