This image has no red pixels

This image has no red pixels.

Explain this shit to me Veeky Forums, how exactly does our brain infer color from shape?

Other urls found in this thread:

physicsclassroom.com/class/light/Lesson-2/Light-Absorption,-Reflection,-and-Transmission
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hierarchical bayesian inference

I was gonna say bullshit, but then I did check those colors in paint and can't find any red. Weird.

This just proves how extraordinary The Mind Of God Is.

Define red. Red to us isnt one wavlength. Human eye is pretty insensitive to different wavelengths in that part of the spectrum.

I dunno but I'm getting a headache from looking at it so the brain must be doing some serious work for it to perceive the colors 'correctly'

I call bullshit, when I first looked I didn't know what they were and thought it was corn cobs and was like why are they red. Stop same fagging yourself to be a dipshit

It's not inferred form the shape.
There is obviously a blue-ish filter. Although it is not actually red, our brain knows that it's still supposed to be red due to the background and everything.

Bullshit. Pic related is same image w/o red channel

this, it's clearly a filter. the original color was red but you won't find red pixels because they're underneath a blue layer, don't be retarded /sci

Nah dude, take OP's image and dissect it all you want, there isn't any red in it.

This one sorry

Due to the blue iverlay I would assume the brain just compensates for everything - i.e. it thinks it's looking through a blue filter and tries to guess what the true image is. It's perfectly possible to visualize blue strawberries, if the environment around them is unchanged.

There is. Just always mixed with cyan -> it is actually a grey color.

Technically the plate isn't white either. But it does look white to you.

>Define red

Retard spotted.

Red is a color associated with the following things: strawberries, blood, meat, flag of china, paprika.

Physically red to a human is light with wavelength between 620-740 nm.

Chemically, for example, iron oxide is red.

Culturally, red is associated with, for example, anger, victory, and love.

Biologically, for example, parrots are red.

Neurologically, human eye has cones and rods. Stimulating cones are equivalent to colors red, green, or blue. Stimulating only the red-cone corresponds to perception of red.

You literally learn all this before you are 10 years old. How can you not know what the color red is? How do people like you without basic skills required to be a functioning human survive in this modern world??

There's some kind of trickery involved here.
I don't believe the read I perceive is completely made up.

This.

Ooooh, black strawberries.

>Chemically, for example, iron oxide is red.
>Biologically, for example, parrots are red.
That's not a chemical or biological definition of red. It's just a chemical/biological object which is red. Both would use the physical explanation. Because it is important that it's light with a certain wavelength. That corresponds to a specific energy that is used.

I didn't either, but try and save it, open it in paint and try to eyedropper the colour of any pixel you might fancy as red. I found none.

There's something about contrast. Human vision normalizes colour under any given lighting to infer what colour objects would be under white light. Here you assume the lighting must be clue, so the lichencoloured area must actually be red.

Just to be clear: The illusion doesn't have to do with strawberries being supposed to be red.

OP is a faggot.

You know right that colors can be obtained by mixing?

>i don't know how color werks

physicsclassroom.com/class/light/Lesson-2/Light-Absorption,-Reflection,-and-Transmission

Jesus Fucking Christ.

How did people ever see black on that fucking dress? It's clearly light blue and brown-gold.

You anal bastard.

Here's the three different color channels of the image, plotted separately. Obviously the red channel isn't empty, because otherwise we wouldn't have any true white in the image. That doesn't mean that individual pixels are red numb nuts. There isn't a single pixel in which the intensity of the red channel is higher than any other channel. Thus, the image does not contain a single red pixel.

Fucking pedants, I swear to fucking god

see

Post the color of the strawberries in that pic. I want to see.

I love this board

Do you know that you're retarded? You are retarded. Now you know. No need to thank me.

Yes it is. Definition by example. Go away brainlet shoo shoo.

Nah.

It's red in the sense that no pixel have dominant R value.

Wrong. "This image has no red pixels" means the image is constructed entirely without using the color red. OP was incorrect, of course as we clearly see the red color, but also proven by computer.

still, because of the little bit of red in the pixels it looks like an image with a cyan filter on it, which your brain can compensate for and perceive the relatively more red areas as red. That doesn't work anymore when you completely take out the red information as in

No it doesn't then he'd say it hadn't any red channel. Gray isn't a red color no matter how you look at it.

No, you dumb cunt. No red pixels means no red pixels.

An extreme example: take a fully white image. It contains no red pixels, because all pixels are white. Yet, for all pixels the red channel is maxed out. The color of individual pixels is defined by the balance of the color channels, not by the value of individual color channels.

Fucking hell, this should be stating the fucking obvious.

just zoom in so that you can see the pixels

Just standard white balancing.

Nope, he said "This image has no red pixels." Learn to read before you humiliate yourself on the internet.

Wrong. Obviously white and black are exceptions. Red pixel is red pixel; white pixel is white pixel.

>Obviously white and black are exceptions.
just kill yourself already

> the image is constructed entirely without using the color red.
>white pixel is white pixel.
you're directly contradicting yourself shitbrain

Wrong. Red is red; white is white.

Won't respond to you annoying brainlet anymore. People literally learn colors in the kindergarden. Maybe you never went there because your mother was a whore.

>Nope, he said "This image has no red pixels." Learn to read before you humiliate yourself on the internet.
Exactly, he didn't say that the image has no red channel. You're confused buddy.

>Won't respond to you annoying brainlet anymore
I accept your surrender

I'm not seeing the problem here...???

I don't see red, I see light bluish red. I can still tell it's slightly reddish, but why wouldn't I be able to when there's still red channel information.

>why wouldn't I be able to when there's still red channel information
does this look red to you?

Nope. Red=red; not-red=not-red. Go away now.

Do you have problems with reading comprehension? "I won't respond to you anymore" means "I want to end the conversation". So stop talking, you brainlet. Jesus, you need to get laid.

Looks read to me. Are you color blind? It is okay if you are color blind, but you should stop posting. My empathy for your embarrassment can't take much more.

>Do you have problems with reading comprehension? "I won't respond to you anymore" means "I want to end the conversation". So stop talking, you brainlet. Jesus, you need to get laid.
I think I have it figured out. You're a woman, so yes means no and no means yes. And not read means red.

Yes, there was red in that.

0/10

>read

OH HAHAHAHA GOT YOU NOW MOTHER FUCKER

Jesus, stop talking. We are not talking anymore. You were just wrong; get over it. It happens when you open your filthy mouth without thinking anything.

That's an answer to a question I did not ask.

When you reply like that, what you really mean is "11/10".

>We are not talking anymore.
keep responding.

R•E•K•T

What is wrong with you? Do you do this everytme someone rekts you online? Stop responding. I'm sure the ladies love your discipline.

Remember, whoever gets the last response is the real troll.

I have the time.

Who is who here? I'm with the "there's red in there you fucking moron" crowd.

What are you doing? Stop responding. Jesus, christ.

Yes, we know. You're with the retarded crowd.

There's red in all kinds of colors. Doesn't mean those colors are red themselves.

or what?

Stop responding for fucks sake.

is there red in this image?

Dont talk anymore freak

Red? No. Reddish? Yes

It's all an issue of contrast. Can't believe you people don't know this.

>ITT: colorblind people spaz out

no tell me, how many red pixels does it have

>Red? No.
Well there you fucking go.

Stop responding creep

you're in my thread numbnuts

Dont talk to me are you disabled

But strawberries wouldn't show up as blobs of pure 255R, 0B, 0G. You can blow up any pixel on any strawberry and it won't be "red". It'll be reddish, just like these are, along with contrast information.

How about this image? How many red pixels does it have?

>using social approval tactics in an argument
Why did moot let you tumblr normie shitstains onto this site.

OP got owned.

trying to pull the wool over our eyes

No, but the dominant channel would be the red channel, as in the original picture. That's what defines a red pixel, a dominant red channel.

Clever.

I had a 3 year running streak. I thought I was in the home stretch then another old fag comes along and wrecks it.

im colorbind and i had to change with levels of this in gimp to see anything
go fuck yourself

You're welcome.

Here is your reward. Happy faps.

Stop talking

>tactics
Tactics? You mean Age of Empires? Or Chess? Or some boardgame tactics? What game?

Why would you fap to cartoon girl? Are you homosexual?

touché

>Stop talking
you get the point though

just let me know when you're ready to apologize

>he thinks it is a "girl"

Confirmed for not watching the gif.

Dont talk anymore fag

It's not a girl, it's a cartoon girl you retard. If u fap to that u might as well be classified as homosexual.

>Dont talk anymore fag
keep responding

Stop talking tard

>le ebin trole amirite
>>>/9fag/
>>>/daycare/

if you tell me how much red pixels there are in this image

Don't talk

Stop talking fag

ITT children telling each other to stop talking

What a wild ride this thread was.

no, I'd rather sit here and see how long you're gonna keep this up

Isn't this site 18+?

>There isn't a single pixel in which the intensity of the red channel is higher than any other channel. Thus, the image does not contain a single red pixel.
>Fucking pedants, I swear to fucking god
"one drop" theory applies imo

So you would in all earnest say that this image is made up entirely of red pixels

The nagative of red is blue-ish, as the background is greenish blue our brain is trying to comensate the spots where there is less blue color, i dont know guys, what do you think?

kinda

ambient light varies from yellow (inside) to blue (outside), so we're hardwired to correct for gradations in between those colors that occur naturally in our daily life

stop responding fag

you are the greatest retard I've seen in Veeky Forums in a while

that took a while, were you off to take a shit or something?

hahahahahahaah holy fuck are you 12
did you come to Veeky Forums today for the first time? you're being played like a fiddle, you silly newfag