I'm interested in eugenics (not the Nazi kind), especially human gene modification...

I'm interested in eugenics (not the Nazi kind), especially human gene modification. What field should I go into if I want to work on this?

one with lots of sharp glass

ouch

>What field should I go into if I want to work on this?
Become a dog breeder. It's the only way you'll ever get to do it without getting lynched by SJWs and religious fanatics.

This, unfortunately.

I wish that society would accept that eugenics is extremely beneficial to the world.

I wish retards would accept that eugenics is unfeasibly difficult to apply to the real world and do the only thing they can do in service of their ideal, kill themselves

By eugenics I mean modifying genes to benefit humanity.

I won't give up

Wow, so edgy :o
Someone has a different opinion to mine : "kys"

>modifying genes
I thought eugenics was just about selecting desired genes though ? Kinda like artificial selection
Not about modifying them and turning us into transgenic beings

>Become PHD in Memeology
>Sell Memes to Veeky Forums
>????
>! ! ! ! !
>Profit
>Buy your own lab

>interested in eugenics
>what field should I go in
As long as you're a white cis male I'd recommend the next mine field

Eugenics is specifically the selection of beneficial traits via breeding, which would be impossibly difficult to apply to a real world human population even if it weren't abhorrently immoral.

Genetic modification is sick as fuck and can't come fast enough.

eugenics != genetic engineering

Eugenics is controlled breeding. ...A concept which genetic engineering makes obsolete.

That said, move to China, they are way ahead in the CRISPR field and less shackled by things like "ethics" (or common fucking sense).

That field you speak of is fantasy, there is no machine that can accurately modify DNA and express it in real life from the core.

Math+Physics

With some effort, you can use crispr to accurately change the code in a region of the genome to a desired sequence using template-based double-strand break repair. It's a lot trickier than simply using crispr to introduce random deletions, but it can be done.

Go into biochemistry, with a focus on molecular biology and/or immunology. Talk to your lecturers about their research projects, read articles in the field that interests you.

Medicine. Find a way to cure autism. Fix broken genes. Eugenics isn't about removing shitty genes, it's about finding ways to fix shifty genes, currently with little cure for gene related diseases, killing them off is the way to go.

Biotech research. Kinda obvious. Human gene modification might be somewhat of a dead end, though. You would make more money learning computational genomics.

Autism isn't in the DNA, those errors occur a little later on.

CRISPR.........

Microbiology
Botany
Agriculture

These fields have rather lax (but still strict) rules about playing with genes

crispr is what you want to know about.

CRISPR

anything else is subpar or being compared to ^
theres a huge increase in articles describing crispr protocols so just dive in the ncbi