BRITS ONLY

What A levels did Veeky Forumsizens take?
What was your grades?

Were you a pleb and only did 3? Or patrician and did 5?

was doing 4 last year, now i'm doing 3

english lit
english lang
psychology

only grade i got last year was for psychology, got an E

english A star
history A star
sociology A
failed AS physics tho lol

Well I'm Scottish so I didn't do A-Levels. We've got an alternate system, of Highers (done in year 5, probably the most important of our grades, and slightly lower than a-levels in difficulty), and Advanced Highers (done in year 6, less important unless you're applying for a straight-a requirement course, and about the same level as 1st year university roughly speaking)

Highers I did English, Classical Studies, Geography, German, and Latin
Advanced Highers I did English and Classical Studies
I also crashed higher French in year 6

Ngl I got A's across the board, but it's pretty odd cuz I was never a straight A student till 5th year. I was pretty middling actually. Not sure what happened.

Failed my AS Maths and Economics, dropped AS Media in Jan-Feb, still going with BTEC Business Studies, and am currently retaking my AS levels with World Development and Financial Studies along with doing a 2nd resit of GCSE English.

English History Physics Chemistry Latin.

My parents were hardasses who pushed me really hard in high school

my heart goes out to you my man

I failed GCSE English too. Can't resit till next year. Thinking of self studying A levels and just waiting for an email to tell me when my interview is so I can start fucking volunteering at my traineeship. For a charity organisation they sure love dicking you about.

I only did two, music and english lit, but I got 2 As.

In final year now, I did English Lit, History, German and Maths but dropped German this year
I got a B in AS Maths and a C in AS German

My school was a grammar, but they still only let us do 3. MAYBE 4, if you were a straight A/A* student.

Mine were Politics/English Lit & Business Studies. All Bs, because I was in a shit place with depression when the exams came around.

i did 3. that was normal at my school back then. i think there were one or two people who did 4 but it was usually something ephemeral like "general studies"

i got terrible grades but just enough to scrape into university where i spent my time getting drunk, having lots of sex and playing guitar in a shitty band before dropping out in my second year

happy days

Ahem

Biology, A
History, A
Maths, B

fuck Veeky Forums yo I'm only here for /sffg/

English lit A*
Philosophy A*
History B

feels bad man

got an A* in EPQ tho. not that anyone gives a shit about that

Manly ankles FUCKKKKKK perfect otherwise

what did you do for your epq?

I did an essay and a presentation about the applicability of Machiavelli's ideas in a more modern context.

History - B
R.S - A*
Chemistry - D
Biology (AS) - D

Retard.

History C
Politics C
Geography C
German A*
Russian A*

fite me IRL I dare u

English - C
Psychology (would have preferred philosophy or politics or something but they didn't offer it at my 6th form) - C
History - C

>tfw dumb C student

>geography
>biology
>statistics
>AS economics

what was I thinking lads? statistics was good and economics wasn't too bad looking back at it, but it took me until the second year of my undergrad to figure out that I had little interest in the natural sciences

Chemistry, B
Biology, B
Physics, B

You only did three in my day.

failed my gcse's boys

Three A-levels was the norm for 99.9% of all people until quite recently, perhaps the early 2000s.

Since A-levels (or AS/A2) have become steadily easier, universities now want more UCAS points.

Eng Lit A*
Maths A
History A

AS Physics D

Now I'm at uni reading history and finding that I actually prefer the Veeky Forums life
should I have done classics instead for the ultimate patrician life?

Disce Latinam linguam tuo tempore libero!

Oldfag here.

English Lit A
Sociology A
Biology C
General Studies A (meme A-level of the late 80s, early 90s)

General Studies didn't count but at the time AAC was good enough for anything in the Russell Group that didn't need a specific subject.

On the other hand, estimated grades, BCF.

Its hard to remember now but back in the day, state schools didn't try to help you at all. Nobody from my school applied to Oxbridge, the teachers didn't tell us you had to apply earlier in the year "Don't approve of it anyway user" was the feedback.

Actually better example, a friend of mine.
Estimated grades BBC.

>Named as one of the top 30 scientists under 40 in the world, mathematical intuition equated with Mozart's musical skills.

That would be a B-grade maths student according to our school.

I generally defend teachers as having an impossible job to do these days but there was a reason that things like league tables were brought in to sort out shit like this.

A* - Gov and Pol
A - Chemistry
A - Physics
B - English Lit AS

>confirmed STEM Renaissance man patrician

A* - Mathematics
A - Further Mathematics
A - Chemistry
A - Biology
A* - PE

CCC
stopped going early on because bullying
only realised how badly i fucked my life up when i ended up at one of the lowest ranked unis in the country

Physics a*
Maths a*
Further Maths a*
English a

Will hear back from Oxford about my application for Physics before January. Im terrified to be honest lads.

English Language - A
History - B
ICT - B
Media Studies (AS level) - A (dropped cos thought unis wouldn't take my serious on applications)
General Studies (AS Level) - B

Went to a shitty comprehensive school and put a lot of work in to get those grades. I was the only one who got into a Russell Group uni from my school. Slaved my ass off there, got a first and graduated top of my class, got a masters with distinction and graduated top of my class and now doing a fully-funded ESRC PhD at a top uni. Feel like I've been very lucky.

You guys have it harder. I did mine in 2011 so I dodged the tuition fee increase.

"Only" got three As but I managed to study at two top five universities, probably wouldn't stand a chance of getting in if I was doing them now.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to start in 2010 and get grants for being poor/high performing, so I'll come out my PhD with zero debt. My other half started in 2013 and is now doing her masters and will have ~40k of debt by the end of it. Fucked up really.

When did they start giving A* at A-level ffs
French A
German A
Geography A
The only people who did more than 3 at my school were those doing maths, further maths and two sciences, or people aiming for medical school.
I just needed AAB to get onto my preferred course at the time so it worked out in the end...

I'm an American and I'm rubbing my independent wiener all over your shitty thread.

In my a2s i did second year I got AAA in physics maths and economics. in first year i got AAAAB with the A and the B in AS in religious studies and french. still got As not studying as much since i got an unconditional offer lol (uni of notts)

What the fuck is this? /soc/? Piss off you fucking underaged britbong retards

Chemistry - U
Biology - E
Psychology - D
AS Business - D

I had a lot of problems going on

>was your grades
>BRITS ONLY
makes sense

Maths A*
History A
French A*