Since pretty much everything in this universe is quantized, what does it imply for reality?

Since pretty much everything in this universe is quantized, what does it imply for reality?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe#Size_and_regions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The universe is finite.

That it is based on pure information it is an objective reality and is as real as it can get.

It is simply arranged in a certain manner, there may be other realities arranged differently. But they are all equally real as long as they are based upon pure action upon pure information.

The only difference is how the information is interpreted or stored.

Is it though. The first question you should always ask is, do I trust my own judgement. My own perception of results. Should you?

Everything is information. Once you measure it, you actualize the potential from a probability distribution. That means the universe isn't deterministic, see zeno effect.

this shit is no better than voodoo, measure imparts nothing, statistics can never really be 100 wit chu, you need cold heartless goddamn facts, as we can tell it's deterministic particles on a substrate, any other conclusion is a projection of imaginary guesswork, not reality, just some people wish they were god, and this gibberish makes it kinda like true, and they don't want a hebrew creator god to be one of the few sensible options left along with the matrix trilogy, they already got the D from STURP tho, so athiestards have been evidentd to be out of their gourds for a while, just like the muzzies, and other nonbelievers in God incarnate as Messiah, Eashoa.

it is the only truth

>you actualize the potential from a probability distribution
>That means the universe isn't deterministic

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Quantum computers

>what does it imply for reality?

it implies lots of stuff about a simulated universe.

No, our perception is biased to survival, basically selfish.

With this in mind can one come to non-selfish conclusions? Or is the best the mind can do is a dyadic projection from which it forms a conclusion trapping our ideas to a relm purely our own.

brainlet here; why doesn't this work?

The arc-length function is not continuous in the topological space of functions in [math]\mathbf R^2[/math] that have a derivative whose set of discontinuities is at most countable, with the topology induced by the uniform norm.

>Since pretty much everything in this universe is quantized
Examples of 'pretty much everything' being quantized besides quantum numbers?

The total area between the square and the circle never changes.

The "circle" made of the black outline isn't actually a circle. It contains an infinite amount of minute angles. Circles don't actually have an infinite number of angles, even if some people insist on that being true.

building blocks of the universe such as protons, electrons, gluons, muons, atomic energy levels?

But not everything in the universe is quantized.
The most accurate model we use to predict phenomena asserts that everything is quantized.

That's way different.

how so?

Particle numbers aren't exactly strictly quantized considering shit like vacuum fluctations. Even if, it's still very weak when you compare all the shit that's far from being quantized to the few things that appear quantized. Atomic energy levels also are not really strictly quantized in the real world. It only is in your introductory course to classical quantum mechanics.

Which is supposedly?

It just means you havent zoomed far enough to see the angles.

electrons are tho. The reason other particles don't appear to be quantized is because of their different subparticles.

Nothing, the universe is what it is.

Terrible thread the OP is wondering if probability (statistics) is real.

well, yes. Experienced people used probability to predict weather (from millions of data points entered by sci). to give people genes through injections (based on probability it WILL be injected to the correct gene and not create tumors in ur blood vessels kek)

What about electrons is quantized? They have Spin 1/2 and charge -1. That's pretty much about it. Everything else is not quantized. It's basically the opposite of quantized.

Struxel>>Voxel

>Struxel>>Voxel
Every electron has the same mass. Not similar or close masses though, they are all identical which 9.1 x 10-31 kg
Meaning they are all instanced elementary particles and identical anywhere in the universe

So?

tfw there are 2 AO4s

So they are instances and are precisely quantified like 1s and 0s

No, they are not. That makes no sense. Particle state are precisely NOT quantified in QFTs. There are virtual states that only exist for very brief moments, but their interactions still infuences real quantities. The only thing that's quantized in a way is the fact that there appear to be discrete values for quantum numbers (i.e. charge, spin, flavor, color, parity).

u mean strudel ?

Pixel=picture+element
Struxel=Structure+element
Voxel=???

volume pixel. Same thing picture + element

But structure is the 3d equivalent of picture and it even has its own "ct" to turn to "x". Why use volume+picture+element?

Wrong. Finite means not changing and limited. As the universe is constantly moving and changing it is infinite

the empty space is infinite, the matter inside of it is finite

>what does it imply for reality?
Basically all measurable quantum effects that can't be easily explained using classical physics

The values you apply to reality may not be applied by others.

What does Veeky Forums think of doctors? Are they as intelligent as people think?

Then elementary particles would be pixels of the universe.

No. But they are pretty smart.

That's not true at all. Our current understanding is a flat universe with infinite matter.

Is there any evidence that the matter is infinite? Because that makes no sense from the classic big bang theory point of view.

Trying to find good sources that put it simply... but it's complicated. Just read more about the big bang, because you're picturing it wrongly. Basically the big bang was infinitely big, but I'm bad at explaining things.

To see why it's not possible with big bang, try to think like this:

If matter was suppsedly infinite, you should always be able to show me more matter than there currently is, which is quite possible in an infinite space.

But imagine the blast of the big bang. It's a spherical composition of energy and mass expanding faster than anything. If you were to stop the time and examine this sphere, you would have a finite space to fit an infinite amount of matter which wouldn't work.

Dunno if it comes across properly but theres a logical incompatibility between infinite matter and big bang

Struxels (or voxels if you're a pleb) but yes. This is one of the supporting arguments of the idea that we live in a simulation

Time being infinitely divisible puts the simulation idea into the trash.

So there are basically no actual supporting arguments of that idea, ok.

Irrelevant, but sure. I'm only arguing the name of the item, nothing more

yeah I know. Just wanted to address the simulationfags out there.

>spherical
Nope. The big bang encompassed everything. The big bang was everywhere at once. The big bang is simply going from a dense state to a less-dense state, no volume involved.

The classic big bang theory indicates an expansion (or explosion) with an origin of the size of an atom, expanding in a spherical form. And then gradually spreading across the space.

"expanding from the size of an atom to that of a grapefruit" is an analogy - you don't think the universe is the size of a grapefruit, do you?

It says it started from the size of an atom, then expanded. which at one period was the size of a grapefruit.
But it doesn't matter if its the shape of a sphere or a box. You can't fit infinite matter into a finite space, which was the main part of the problem that you didn't respond to.

I see what you mean. I personally don't believe anything is infinite - certainly not space.

All references to previous sizes are talking about any present finite volume, typically that being the observable universe. The observable universe used to be the size of a grape, yes. The universe was always infinite.

To add to that, the reason they do that is because anything outside that "grape" may as well not exist to us, because there is no causal connection.

How is contantly moving and changing in any way correlatable with infinity? Please tell, because I'm dying to see the steps you used to derive this bunch of bullshit. You reek of being a philosophy major pulling stuff out of your ass without axioms or anything.

what is this?

universe is finitely large

universe is infinitely small

op pic proves it: the blocks only get broken down into smaller and smaller pieces, giving the image more definition.

Dwarf Fortress. Great game; many ways to die, no way to 'win'.

>implying there are implications

>implicating there are no implifications

>A02
>A03
>A04
>A04
>not A05
triggered

Tfw met someone who got bored being a doctor and then became physigger

If he understood what those fucking words meant, he wouldn't be confused in the first place

yes it does.
the area of the outer figure gets smaller and the circle inside continues the same.

Nothing is infinite. Infinity is a mathematical concept, nothing more. It doesn't exist in any form within reality.

Incorrect. You assume universe doesn't have infinite extent in some dimension. For example, with infinite space, you will have infinite possibilities even if you have finite amount of energy to distribute to space.

Everything is quantized in our literature but most of my senses aren't literallty quantized. How do you quantize the taste of my girlfriends tears as we make love and I tell her I've love I love you hold me? How do you quantize the motion my friends bodies make when I crack a good joke out? How do you quantize something that does not exist (zero); definitely it is NOT a one quant, otherwise it would exist.

Yet the big bang was infinitely small, hot, and dense?

>infinitely
thats a figure of speech...

>finite
your proof?

Proof that you can't show me infinite amount of matter ? are you stupid or something ?

You're looking at it right now, it's your fault you can't see it.

Which matter is infinite. Show it to me right now with measurable, testable evidence.

If the universe were infinitely small movement would be impossible. For any movement to occur, the subject would have to pass through an infinite number of points.

You are moving through infinite number of points right now.

>points
points are a mathematical concept, therefore they can be infinite in its own terms, unlike reality which doesn't have any "points" or "vectors" or "infinite" bullshit

Start collecting all the matter around you into a box. Come back when you run out of it.
Protip: no one ever did

>I can't prove it.
case closed

That we perceive and detect things in a quantized manner

>no boundaries on the amount of matter were ever observed
>they must exist because they must
Yours too, my dude.

Because you would get something that looks like an octagon; there is no curve when you repeat that and you eventually just end up with straight edges. Changing the length of the squares would change the perimeter to something other than 4

Wildberger is right.

>no boundaries on the amount of matter were ever observed
You can't see the boundaries of the pasific ocean so you think then it must fills the entire universe?

You finite-tards are really dumb and need to leave. The matter in the universe may be finite but you retards are still completely misunderstanding this, neglecting higher dimensional geometry. The big bang was not a point in space. The whole "nothing is actually infinite" argument shows you have no idea.

It was not.

not an argument nor evidence
0/10 try again

Finite universe having finite states. A finite state machine able to be subdivided into smaller finite state machines, in finite ways.

Think of every "instant" of the universe as a frame of a flipbook. If you get hung up on relativity and simultaneity, keep thinking.

Show me your evidence. No description of the big bang refers to the magnitude.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe#Size_and_regions

To say it's impossible to be infinite is to misunderstand everything.

Infinity doesn't exist in reality user. It's just a mathematical concept, nothing more.

And you don't get it either. The universe doesn't really care about your "reality." The laws of physics didn't even exist in the first moments of the big bang.

Infinity doesn't exist period. In any reality. Like I said, it's only an idea, like a triangle with two sides. It doesn't exist, has never existed, will never exist. End of discussion.

Better go tell all the physicists and cosmologists because they are very open to that possibility.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

I'd be surprised if they really were open to that idea because an infinite universe is just pure retardation. It means there is an infinite number of Earths. It means that the number of Cows and Cows with two heads is the same, infinite. It means there is a Hubble Volume out there somewhere that is filled with nothing but chocolate pudding. It means there is an armada of disembodied brains experiencing an illusion of reality, in fact if the universe really is infinite then it's almost certain you are NOT a real person but one of those Boltzmann brains floating around.

The idea of the infinite universe is a dead end because it means literally everything you can think of actually exists somewhere with absolute certainty. It means everything that is possible, no matter how probable, has happened or exists, and exists an infinite number of times.

If you think the idea of an infinite universe is in any way realistic or reasonable you're just retarded.

Too scary to be real, gotcha