Why is there no "Netflix of books?"

Why is there no "Netflix of books?"

Everything makes you pay a higher subscription fee than Netflix and you get one free book per month and the privilege of buying everything else at a modest discount.

I just want to pay a monthly fee and have access to a shitload of audio books. Is Amazon prime or kindle unlimited the only option?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2016/10/amazon-adds-free-books-ever-growing-list-prime-benefits/
support.scribd.com/hc/en-us/articles/210134106-Scribd-s-Membership#How-many-books-month
libgen.io/
encyclopediadramatica.se/Bookz
gen.lib.rus.ec/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>paying for digital
>audiobooks

This is literally a thing Amazon just started doing

I would pay for the convenience to be able to play something on my phone and have all of the user experience features a legit app and service would provide.

I could easily use YouTube or download MP3s but it's not convenient

Wait I meant ebooks not audiobooks

It's called the library.

>current year
>going outside

that exists and is called audible

source please desu

>$15/month
>1 free book/month
>30% off everything else

Fucking ripoff

wired.com/2016/10/amazon-adds-free-books-ever-growing-list-prime-benefits/

Demand is lower so they can charge more.

Thats not how demand works...

Many libraries also lend out ebooks, for that you can stay home.

Amazon Unlimited is complete garbage, it's mostly access to their self-published romance shit.

>40 CDs
lol

It's called the library, kid

>Current year
>Still hasn't gotten over le quirky mid 2000s hermit xD mindset

If you're going to pay a fee for one audiobook a month, why not just buy one fucking audiobook a month?

Ebooks are too easy to pirate. Why would there be a service that offers this? Music and movies and TV have netflix/spotify/whatever because there is a higher risk of getting caught and ending up in trouble; nobody is hunting down someone downloading a 3MB copy of a 200 year old novel.

Just torrent audio books you colossal retard, you could even just rip the fucking things straight from YouTube.

As for physical books, like everyone said, the book netflix is the library. I don't know how it works in your country but in mine I can search all the libraries within a certain area online and if there's a book I want, I can get them to order it in to my town.

Audiobooks are expensive, it's not cost effective if it would cost 40 dollars otherwise.
They have good deals occasionally though.
A month or 2 back I got The road, Candide, and Breakfast of Champions for like 7 dollars.

The monthly subscription is a fraction of the cost to buy the full audiobook. You get to keep all your audiobooks too, even when you unsubscribe.

well to be fair 2500 is still a ways to go

It's called a library you fucking idiot

used books are like 3-5 dollars
stop being a cheapass faggot

Yeah sorry I made it pretty clear I want access to many books on a mobile device.

Stick with your paper bricks grandpa

>audiobooks

Read, you nigger. Are you five? Do you need mommy to read to you?

Reading a book while driving

I am honestly curious.

How many of you regularly visit your library?

>audiobook
>reading

kindle unlimited lets you do this
tons of books are 0.00

>driving in a retarded vehicle
>not walking in nature and then taking out your book when you've reached your destination and can enjoy it instead of simply consuming so you'll make your wageslave transportation time a little better to forget that you're stuck in traffic whilst being part of the traffic problem

Must suck.

Bait?

You got it all figured out huh kid?

I know my life. Nice condescending remark with "kid," though.

Your post read like it was written by someone very angry and immature. Even if you're older than me I'd call you kid

It is called the library, or even used book stores. You can find more than enough to read for a month from a used book store for less than $20.

I do. But then again it is on the end of my street.

I

Don't

Want

To

Carry

Around

Fucking

Books

All

Day

>for less than $20
try less than $1.50. I picked up Crying Lot of 49 by Thomas Pynchon for $1.50 and i read it for about 60 minutes a day on train commutes and it took me 2 months to finish it

Going today m8.

>he can't carry one book with him
Don't you have hands or what?

I don't have a good library near me, I just buy books on Amazon instead. With 30$ you have enough for the month unless everything you buy is less than 300 pages long.

Go to the sticky, it has a link for FREE ebooks.

My god use your fucking brain.

Abebooks.com

you're welcome

What part of what I said was incorrect?

My city library has an online service with plenty of ebooks. Same with my university library.

Most libraries buy the ebook along with the physical copies nowadays.

Prices of new books don't look so diferent to Amazon's honestly.

I do but it is essentially a community centre with a few shelves of books. Loud and full of kids and extreme autistics.

I only go there because you can order books from other libraries and pick them up.

You can get like $0.10 books, used, same condition as Amazon (often the same exact listing/vendor) except they offer free shipping instead of the minimum $3.99 Amazon shipping, so you actually pay a total of $0.10 for the book and not $4.09. You can build a library with $20.

Was browsing a charity shop for furniture today and stumbled upon a copy of The Count of Monte Cristo for £1.50, perfect condition.

>Scribd
They're literally branded as the Netflix of books.

Best place for used books without a doubt. I wasted so much money buying used from amazon til I discovered it.

>3 books and 1 audiobook each month — plus unlimited access to magazine and news articles, sheet music, documents, and special select titles for $9.99/month.

>Netflix
>you can watch three movies per month and the rest you can buy at a discounted rate

I see, thanks user, I will see what I find.

support.scribd.com/hc/en-us/articles/210134106-Scribd-s-Membership#How-many-books-month

Slightly better than you make out.
>3 books of your choice and 1 audiobook
>Access to a monthly selected catalog (however many that is).
>Access to 150,000 books that are always available (so I guess a few classics and a load of shit nobody cares about).

Still isn't netflix level but better than audible.

Let me guess, you read Catcher in the Rye and think your some big shot intellectual? Got to stick it to those phonies, amiright? Fuck you are stereotypical Veeky Forums fag. Go back your moral high horse, not everyone can fight the capitalist system every day and "stop to smell the roses". Cars are convenient and sometimes necessary in some geographical locations you fuckwit.

Its less that your comment was incorrect, but more that it was presumptive and bias to economic conditions of the poster. Does he live in the boonies? Does he have three kids to feed? does our system practically require you to have a 9-to-5 job to survive? Not everyone can live off of smugness and faggot interpretation of what it means to "live life to its fullest". If he cant keep up with traditional reading, then why do you care that he gets it done via other methods?

What does it matter that he gets the information? A lot of human history was retold orally, and only recently in human history did we begin writing down. To discredit oral retelling of literature is to limit your own ability to experience the works. Should people read the works themselves? Maybe, if they want; but why should you give a shit? Your just going to be a smug little faggot who believes that your way is the only "authentic" way of doing things

>paying for things
what a spook

>justifying not reading a fucking book and also wanting to pay for it

Kill yourself.

Honestly don't give a shit about paying, one way or the other. but what I am talking about is your need to project your own morality on someone you don't even know.

>justifying not reading a fucking book and also wanting to pay for it.

Show me where I said I justified not paying? cite your sources, or eat a curb scrub-lord edgefag.

Libraries have been around for a while my man.

I bet you think you're so fucking superior with your job, wagie. Meanwhile, I can walk wherever I want in my rural area (not a city or a suburb where everything is close together like you're being fucking cucked by zoning) and then relax. It's good to be actually free and not a slave.

Stay spooked, nigger.

How else would you get books?

Nah man, you got me all wrong. row-row-fight the powa, and all that. seize the means of productions, and empower the proletariat masses to raise up against capitalist oppression and exploitation of the laborer. But you need to be better at arguing than saying "I can walk wherever I want in my rural area", its only shows your privilege to live in a white suburbia, and your knack of going to hot-topic and getting a boner for pissing off your parents with your 1990's punk ascetic.

(Ruffles your hair)
Nice try Sonny-Jim, but I think you need to go back to 5th grade English, and work on eliminating logical fallacies from your arguments (See "No true Scotsman"). See! I've even done half the work for you. Have a nice day ;)

you can return ebook files you bought on amazon.
just copy and decrypt them so as to keep them...

I want to punch you in the neck, nerd.

>ad hominem, you make this too easy.

and you have no idea how nerdy I am; I am the king of the nerds and you are merely a stranger in a strange land.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's not ad hominem if you are a nerd. It's a statement of fact. Most of those "logical fallacies" are perfectly valid arguments, the fact that someone made a neat infographic for you so you don't have to think for yourself doesn't mean it's always automatically untrue if someone uses them. For example, by posting it and citing it as fact, that's an appeal to authority. In this case it's a spurious one.

A lot of times the copies are shit. Scanned PDFs or something.

I'd pay a monthly fee if I had unlimited access to quality ebooks.

holy... I want more...

It took you two months of reading 60 minutes a day to finish a 150 page book?
Niqqa that's like 2 pages per hour

Nah just making it easier for you, wouldn't want to confuse you with too many new ideas.

And yes, it is an ad hominem, because when you banged your stubs on the keyboard "I want to punch you in the neck, nerd." I had yet to admit it. So you where working on a presumption i was a nerd. which is about the only thing you've gotten right today.

Oh! and you are guilty of the sin of Tu Quoque, you still have yet to convince me that audio-books are any less valuable of an experience than physical reading.

FUCKING LEAVE NEWFAGS.

A WHOLE THREAD AND NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS RECOMMENDED ANYTHING.

OP, IF YOU WANT FREE BOOKS EITHER USE:

libgen.io/
libgen.io/

OR USE:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Bookz

RUSSIAN VERSION:

gen.lib.rus.ec/

literally google. just title + pdf/ebook + download

>getting audiobooks off YouTube
>listening to MP3 files

Don't make me laugh, user.

I'm here for the banter, senpai.

safaribooksonline

why the fuck is there no Apple Music of audiobooks? Like if you subscribe to audible you can't even stream books, you just get one "free" book a month but considering the cost of the subscription is the same as the cost of most books this is completely retarded desu, i want unlimited streaming audiobooks the same way i got unlimited streaming audiobooks on apple music and the same deal with t-mobile were steaming music doesnt count against my data plan the same with audiobooks, why the fuck hasn't this happened yet? is it because audible has a near monopoly on audiobooks somehow? why hasn't anyone in san francisco disrupted this bullshit yet?

libgen.io for epubs and pdfs.. Has everything, also lots of textbooks

no fuck i meant the pic

>has everything
even my diary desu?

Ah I didn't even look at your comment before that
Yes baka, you need to ask out your crush

uh...

Pathetic

I go if I don't have anything at home to read, and no money.

>search for novel needed for literature seminar
>only available in German and Spanish

false advertising lads

can I save this?

Go ahead friend.