What's it really like to have a high IQ?

What's it really like to have a high IQ?

Having an insatiable urge to tell strangers on Veeky Forums about it.

154 IQ here. I basically see regular people as inferior beings. I don't look down upon them, I just pity them. Whenever I converse with people it's like talking to a mentally challenged person. Basically it's like going through life being a different species to everyone else. I don't even identify with regular humans due to their primitive intellect. Thus, I am not able to feel empathy for them. They are like ants to me.

Online IQ tests don't count

Actually I had my IQ tested at school when I was a child

That's called being an asshole

If you are a normal functioning person, not much changes if you're smarter than most. It just makes it so you are the smartest one in the room more often. I am a mensa member, and I will tell you many of my fellow member really like to talk down to a lot of people for no real reason.

I feel like I am pretty sociable and can blend in most conversations and situations.

>what it's like to be an assburger with a superiority complex

Be empathetic for him, asshole.

Child scores don't count either
I got 150 on one of those tests, now have 130 on most tests

Basically tests aren't created equal, not saying you are dumb, just pointing out the obvious

For schooling, it's those kids who aim to achieve more than others are the ones that excel past the people with high IQs. I was always one of the smartest students in the class, but IQ won't carry you far unless you start to walk for yourself. My biggest mistake with education was arrogantly thinking I was already far ahead of the others.

Yes, thank you, your opinion means a lot to me.

What's it like to think?

I pretty much know this feeling, although I wouldn't describe people as ants, and I don't feel pity for them because their subjective experience is a hell of a lot better than mine

142 IQ here

who is your avatar? is that from the spy kids movie?

I would think anyone intelligent with today's variables would be thinking about pretty much one thing.

The increase of intelligence.

Everything else is a by product of intelligence. So for instance studying japanese history. The work you had done will be done in 0.000001 ms by a super intelligence.

As high as your IQ could be. It's actually shitty compared to what a genetic engineered and variable-controlled or enhanced human could achieve.

There is obviously nothing more interesting than things that directly effect intelligence. Even physics research is pretty pointless unless it directly leads to increases or changes in intelligence (AI/human/otherwise). It's pretty much why every mathematician is doing busy work unless directly applicable.

Basically in a sane society an overwhelming portion of GDP/effort would be spent on increasing intelligence (genetics, synthetic, etc).

Also

Just for a second imagine this progression (fantasy)

An insect with no sense of self following simple predictable reactions.
- no free will
- no sense of self

A human with a sense of self that doesn't realize it is following simple predictable reactions (illusion of free will).
- sense of self
- illusion of free will

Something intelligent enough to have a sense of self but also perceptive enough to see how every action and thought is just a physics based reaction to environment

- sense of self
- no illusion of free will

ignorance sure is bliss right

It feels quite normal. IQ 138 here.

>tfw to smart to have a small dick

Their subjective experience is an illusion, I pity that most of them cannot even grasp that. And no, it is ozymandias from watchmen, someone with whom I can identify with.

>their subjective experience is an illusion
That's why it's subjective you dumbass Jesus Christ I hope this is bait

that's one huge dick jeez. why is this cripple blessed with a big dick and I'm cursed with this useless peanut. fuck

It's more challenging to communicate things with people because you have to be relatable. That alone highlights the difference between yourself and others. At this point I just kind of envy normal people because I feel like I don't belong with anyone. Even when I try to concentrate on work and ignore the social aspects it doesn't help. I just wake up halfway through sleeping to shake off the existential nightmares I get several times a month. So something like that.

intelligence is relative

>That dick

I honestly thought it was tumor when I saw the thumbnail.

Good news, user.
>to

so you think smart thinks but cant communicate them to not so smart people? Im sorry but thats just autism

Oh, no. I didn't say can't communicate. I mean that you have to filter it in a way everyone can understand you. That's the distance issue, you want to talk about things to their fullest extent but you know the listener wont be able to follow you unless you really break it down to them.

170 here. It basically means schizophrenia after a certain point.

Age should 7-12 are actually the best years for determining your IQ.

No, he didn't ask what it's like to live with narcissistic personality disorder. Just a high IQ.

I gather information and shift planes to process it.
I spend most of my time in the formless realms.

That you aren't really that smart. My thoughts are like "wow if I were actually intelligent I'd understand these basic proofs right away" or "wow if I were actually smart I'd understand this mathematical argument from my textbook." Or "wow if I were actually smart I would have gotten that problem right on the test."

You are constantly reinforenced by how dumb you actually are. It isn't so much other people are dumb (no, other people are more brilliant than you, even classmates) it's bag you're dumb and you're trying to understand tidbits of knowledge. Every once in a while you gather deep insight into something and suddenly your peers look at you like you're brilliant but that just payoff from studying and wrestling with some idea for a long time inside out.

>physics research is pretty pointless

But we are not fucking artificial, fake AI.

Intelligence is only thing; a lot of "intelligent" people have low common sense and emotional intelligence and often make incredibly stupid mistakes out of nowhere -- all because they are too obsessed with their "intelligence".

Intelligence is only one element. With only intelligence and no love or wisdom, there is only evil and suffering.

hydrocephalus image gone?

143 here

look at this brainlet

>have high IQ
>too much of a stubborn little shit to do well in school
>too much of a depressed shit to do well in life

It's literally fucking meaningless.

The only thing that matters is motivation.

Evidence? Proof? Statistics?

You just gave a "muh feels" argument