Says Christianity is about escapism from *the* truth

>says Christianity is about escapism from *the* truth
>also says there is no *the* truth, just *your* truth and *my* truth
>says Christianity was a turn away from the old order by revolving around fear of God
>also says Christianity is a turn away from the old order by saying what is feared is 'evil' instead of admiring what is feared
Really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspectivism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Even though there are no replies i will humor you because i really enjoyed Nietdbfsilabdsz's writings, there is a quote by someone somewhere at some point in history that iterates, "I am great therefore I may be composed of contradictions" or some shit like that. Anyway, let me just throw one way into the outfield here, Lets say the dogmatic way of christianity is an escapism of hedonism or "individual truth" would it not also hold true that the way of a hedonist is "evil"? The things he wrote about i believe hold congruent and consistent however the object of his amusement seems to be insane. His truth was evil, and i think that is generally the case with human beings.

Nietzsche's critique of morality is more to do with the fact that it is life-denying. It is not about an escape from 'truth', but rather an escape from reality - which Nietzsche tells us to embrace, both good and bad.

I wanna be mad but i just cant dump the trump.

He's right you know.

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."

"Seen in this light, piety – the 'life in God' – appears as the last and most subtle monstrosity produced by fear of the truth; it appears as the artists’ worship and intoxication before the most consistent of all falsifications, as the will to invert the truth, the will to untruth at any price."

I haven't read Nietzsche yet but I don't understand what is meant by

>Christianity was a turn away from the old order by revolving around fear of God

What old order? Has belief in gods not always revolved around fear of them since the dawn of history? That they would either "punish" people for behavior deemed against social mores or for not offering tribute, by afflicting them personally or by plague or not bringing a good harvest?

The Babylonians feared Marduk, the Greeks Zeus, the Egyptians Ra and so on?

>Has belief in gods not always revolved around fear of them since the dawn of history?

No. The Jewish conception of God, for example, is one of deep and untold respect. Fear isn't really ever involved.

Christianity is what happens when Stockholm Syndrome makes a religion.

True obviously mean 'real' in this context.

The words are pretty interchangeable, and when Nietzsche says 'truth' he usually means 'what is' (as in, what is real).

What. The Old Testament continually exalts fear of God and demands it. You seem to think fear and respect are mutually exclusive, but that was far from the case in ancient times, as Nietzsche points out.

For Nietzsche, though, reality is relative, not absolute. There is no "thing-in-itself".

>For Nietzsche, though, reality is relative, not absolute. There is no "thing-in-itself".

Not...really, no.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspectivism

>The Old Testament continually exalts fear of God and demands it. You seem to think fear and respect are mutually exclusive, but that was far from the case in ancient times

Fine then. For Jews, their God entails respect and fear.

For Christians, it's fear and love - Stockholm Syndrome par excellence.

> quoting Walt Whitman

>logic is overrated, just live like animals bro
Nietcuck in a nutshell.

We have the same thread in Veeky Forums

>The Babylonians feared Marduk, the Greeks Zeus, the Egyptians Ra and so on?
None of those "fear" their gods quite like Christianity does.

Polytheists know they are pawns between powerful competing gods. They know they should fear Zeus because he might just think it funny to fuck them as a furry but they know Athena might come and give them magic undies and protect them on a whim. Monotheists know they are screwed.

>Christianity is what happens when Stockholm Syndrome makes a religion.
t. r/ Atheism

He's right though. Only in Christianity do we see such an impossible balancing act of love and fear.

>embrace both good and bad

Don't worry I'll get right on that. I'm sure the human mind hasn't evolved for millions of years to not work like that and... oops I'm a vegetable.

T H I S

dogs btfo

Didn't he also say that decoupling people from their delusions (i.e. religion) was a recipe for nihilism? And that the delusion was a source of strength/comfort in the wake of uncertainty?

IIRC it's a proto-conjecture of the sort of Durkheimian view of the satisfaction and cohesion that religion brings man?

Someone help me into Nietzsche on religon

>he thinks man's relationship with the divine can be modeled on man's relationship with man

You don't understand what religious fear is. You're also a massive faggot for actually writing the words "Stockholm Syndrome par excellence." Reddit.

>trying to make sense of Nietzsche again

He's still right though, Christcuck.

>right
>wrong

And I suppose their 'definitions' conveniently align with Xun Zi's, right?

*deliberately

Love plus fear is the ideal attitude toward one's father.