Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

You wanna come to the Veeky Forums ball with us?

~Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11642331
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please respond.

We accept your invitation, maybe a nice date will get rid of our crippling depression

I don't date blockheads, I'm going with /mu/ he's much cooler than you

>asking out a HTML document to a fictional dance

how many layers of spooks are you on?

Ja, we already reached an consensus in an earlier thread

>tfw medfag
O-ok

well... i have some stuff to read you know... thanks for the invite anyway.

Oh boy, meathead homo spaghettiman and quiet book-nerd passive agressive girl, confirmed!

/flit/ this year

do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-
do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-
eeaaaaarth angel, earth angel
will you be mine?
my darling dear
love u long tiiiiiimeeee

Hold it right there faggot, we need to decide

strawpoll.me/11642331

I change my mind. The ball is pure ideology.

~Veeky Forums

Results confirm

p-please come with us Veeky Forums

We'll treat you right baby, we can read anything that doesn't involve stretching.

Do you even have a car? /mu/ has a prius

/mu/ has a prion disease

We got rid of it to pay for a hex-bar. It's better cardio to walk anyway.

If you want, we can princess carry you to the ball.

You're a bit too tall sorry

>Veeky Forums
>tall

Oh honey, you have no idea.

FUCK OFF SHES OURS

*blushes*

Confirmed, /flit/!

We'll pick you up at 8, wear something that shows off your ass ;)

So Veeky Forums you ok with putting a strap on on and pegging us after the ball? No homo

S-senpai

*pushes dorky glasses back

>/flit/
>Veeky Forumshis/
All my dreams are coming true

With a combination like that we could bring back paideia.

>paideia

What is this? Can I eat it or lift it? Will it give me gains?

Gains and brain gains.

Grains? Bains?

This is why we choose you Veeky Forums. You smart.

Don't forget the quiet book-nerd has both an incest and a pedophilia fetish.

>tfw no muscle milf gf

The quiet ones tend to be the kinky ones.

I'm Veeky Forums and I'm only 5'5".

For once my manlet status pays off!

now we need someone to draw autistic anime art

Veeky Forums is a female board?
GREECE
R
E
E
C
E

We can go dancing
I can probably press you overhead
I have a cute Labrador to hike with
I have a job a car and (almost) a double MSc

Pls respond

Veeky Forums is the worst board on Veeky Forums, there is no board culture, it no longer produces any memes, almost everyone there is weak, nobody cites sources even though the topic of discussion is incredibly well-studied and understood
Veeky Forums is like an /r9k/ where all of the posters go to the gym three times a week and spend most of their remaining free time thinking about, talking about, and building their identities around those three hours during which they pick things up and put them down. "critique my routine," "critique my physique," etc. shut the fuck up--just do ss or texas method or sheiko or smolov or any of a huge number of routines that have worked for everyone who has done them. no discussion needed. which I guess you guys know, since you mostly post body rate threads and pictures of traps.

also, Veeky Forums has very, very few women

>/mu/
>he

Veeky Forums here, can confirm non-trivial manlet population

It's okay bro, we understand. You can come home now.

>also, Veeky Forums has very, very few women

What are you basing this on?

Toyota 86/FR-S seems to be a common theme with Veeky Forumszens.
That and Camry's.

Did getting called a manlet strike a nerve?

Oh you two

>non-trivial manlet population
I ain't ashamed of my height just because some chick says I'm too tall. Have a little self-confidence Veeky Forumslets.

I'll do it if you'll help me get Veeky Forums and not hate myself for being out of shape in the meantime. I know getting in shape is a process and takes time, but I also feel pathetic for the way I look, and even progress doesn't make me feel good because I know I still have so far to go.

Please help.

since quad and tiny left, Veeky Forums hasn't been home. I know people say this about a lot of boards, but Veeky Forums really, truly, isn't what it once was. nutrition and training in the fitness community at large has moved forward miles: iifym, emphasis on volume, rpe-based powerlifting programs; on Veeky Forums it has stayed exactly where it's been. nobody has any idea what they're talking about, and so they spend most of their time jerking each other off.
the issue is that now, when someone moves past being a beginner, they usually leave Veeky Forums, because it has no longer has memes to make up for its cancer.

Dyel manlet detected

5'11, 170, 170 ohp, 275 bp, 405 highbar sq, 465 conventional dl
are you upset because you don't have any real hobbies or interests and you don't want this one taken away from you?

C'mon

>5'11
Manlet still detected

I can't really disagree with what you've said. But someone's got to keep up the fort, at least so the detritus the filtres across from other boards can engage enough maybe to pique their interest in fitness. It's CBT/FPH/tfw all day every day now, and we all know that, but I don't think that's the point. Maybe some DYELs will have a kek and end up taking it seriously. It's not about aiming for breadth of content, it's aiming for depth of penetration...

The programming and nutrition questions are pretty poor though, I'll admit.

C'mon breh, you should know better than to start pulling numbers out when someone calls you a DYEL.

Like 5 or 6 right now, my dude.

>talking shit with those numbers

If you're going to estat at least try to make it impressive.

The Veeky Forums sticky is actually excellent.
You need to teach yourself the energy content (kcal or kJ) of foods, it's like judging the speeds of cars before you cross the road, eventually you get an idea of energy content just by the types of foods that go into a meal.

At that stage you'll be able to select foods responsibly. Had too much for lunch? Have a dinner that fits your macros, but doesn't have excessive amounts of energy from fats or carbs. Everyone knows 'bad foods' like deep fried fish and chips, but you gotta know why they are bad, in terms of your overall food intake for the day.

With a little exercise and a change in your approach to diet you can maintain a decent body m8.

It was too tempting, Veeky Forums doesn't give me a chance to pull out my lifts very often
why wouldn't you take that as evidence that I'm not e-statting? if I were going to e-stat, I would list elite exrx standards

>Tfw Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums at the same time

H-hey, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums here.

D-do you want us to carry your books some time?
You look too weak to carry them.

1. Read the damn sticky son, then read Sun and Steel
2. Spend the first month or two getting used to the basic movements then move on to a tried and tested routine, don't try writing your own at this stage.
3. Begin your Veeky Forumsness journey proper!

I have a kindle.

>Read Sun and Steel for fitness tips
>Get a bunch of stupid nip ramblings with occasional comment on the aesthetics of muscular physique

All that Veeky Forums stuff sounds too complicated, I have enough complex books to deal with.

if you get the hardcover version, it's a really beautiful book, but yes, it's only popular on Veeky Forums because Veeky Forums is the fitness board of an anime forum and, more importantly, because it's very short.

C-can you carry me to the dance?

E-readers need not apply, nor audiobook listeners

Besides, large books are usually meme books on here, and now modern day genre literature stuff has the audacity to not only have a 600+ page book but also have like 11 sequels for it

Unless you're talking about DQ though, I think Veeky Forums would like it

*grabs*
I can still carry it for you

How much do you weight?
Are you fine with being Zercher carried because it's stronger than my princess carry?

>I'll do it if you'll help me get Veeky Forums
It's not that hard practically, but the mental shift is a significant one.

Read the sticky, do SS and get an idea of what you should be eating on a daily basis. Just know that you can't be sloppy about it. Doesn't mean you have to belittle yourself after every attempt at training or eating well; it's just that you HAVE to be explicit about your training, and if you say you're going to do something, then you HAVE to do it. Not understanding that is what keeps most people from getting Veeky Forums.

>even progress doesn't make me feel good because I know I still have so far to go.
progress has to be rewarding for its own sake. One of the first things you learn to do is not to look in the mirror every day and yearn for your ideal. Set some realistic goals months in advance and keep consistent track of your progress. Every workout you just need to get that little bit better, and that should motivate you.

>I also feel pathetic for the way I look
Another reason why you need to get used to tracking progress. Deep down, you'll never really be satisfied. I'm not even sure if you ever should be

>iifym
speak of the devil

guys, this isn't the place for this. Let's not expose our date to stereotypical Veeky Forums cancer already.

My entire point was that the information is freely available, in lots of places, the sticky included; it just somehow doesn't make its way onto the board.

If Veeky Forums was entirely based around serious discussion and meaningful posts we may as well remove 95% of the boards.
You already said it yourself, fitness info is already out there, it's good to have a kek every now and then and be part of a community.
Even after all the great trips that have came and went it's still the same board, the comradery is still there and of course there's still discussion outside the memes too.
Your perception of the bad aspects are magnified because you never left 2012, look at the rest of the site and tell me Veeky Forums is the worst board, Veeky Forums as a whole has declined over the years but Veeky Forums is one of the few boards that has actually kept some of the spirit of the glory days.
Also, you really don't want to know how Tiny is doing these days, it'd probably push you over the edge.

>reading Mishima for unbiased objective information
It's just a nice supplement to the aesthetic and philosophy of lifting, before or after you mold your own.

Any carry would be lovely

Only if you're a girl.

Oh Veeky Forums, why did I have to play out that rejection in my head.

Zercher carry still counts as being held. Can you Zercher carry tenderly?

I'm gonna need your weight to answer you right, also, give me about 7-12 minutes of stretching and warmups first.

If you sit in my arms like a chair, and sit upright, then yes it can be comfortable.

memes, fat people stories, etc., are great, I'm not saying that Veeky Forums should be a place for serious discussion alone.
the issue is that there is almost none, and the little there is consists almost entirely of really pernicious misinformation (>diet soda is bad for you, etc.). The issue isn't that the average quality is low; rather, it's that there is *nothing* of high quality.
I have looked at the rest of the site: I settled on Veeky Forums after a long walkabout. The comradery is not still there, this is one of the issues: there are no nice, thoughtful posts. You ask people a good question on another board, and, among the shitposts, you'll get one or two thoughtful responses, which will then be responded to and a dialogue will start.
On Veeky Forums, a good question is almost always met with only shitposts, and when a thoughtful response is given (with sources), it's usually ignored.
If you're comparing yourself to /pol/ and /r9k/, you're not setting the bar very high, are you? but the difference even then is that /pol/ and /r9k/ both have some sort of cohesion; they're united by points of view, and not just by two or three memes. seriously, list what defines a fitizen in your head: he jokes about being a little bit gay, he hates fat people but likes fat women, he thinks a lot about height, and he gets mad when strangers don't squat to depth. is that enough to ground a community? I really, really don't think so.

Veeky Forums & Veeky Forums confirmed

I approve wholeheartedly

What defines a user from any board other than the two you mentioned and maybe Veeky Forums?
Board culture is user-driven but it isn't defined by the users in every case. By your logic /a/ has no board culture.
There's also plenty of niceposters still around, a lot of questions are just usually asked in inflammatory ways or people neglecting the existence of the sticky.

Veeky Forums here. I didn't come for the women tbqph.

Actually, I've done some reaserch, what would you prefer, Princess , fireman, or piggyback?

>This entire fucking thread.
autism on this level shouldnt even be possible.

Princess dear

Well it pertains to the two most legitimately autistic boards on the site bar /r9k/

there are extremely, extremely few niceposters who are also thoughtful and well-informed--this is the issue--and when they do post, their posts are usually ignored
one of the things that defines posters on better boards is shared familiarity with a canon: nearly every poster whose home is /mu/ has listened to the money store, nearly every poster whose home is Veeky Forums has read infinite jest, but few posters on Veeky Forums even bother to read the sticky, much less starting strength or some lyle mcdonald.
accordingly, there isn't really a shared vocabulary, and so discussion doesn't go anywhere at all
again, five or six memes does not a board identity make.

I think part of the issue is that the skill that's supposed to bind the board is seen by posters as zero-sum: /ic/ isn't about who's the best at drawing, Veeky Forums isn't about who's the best at writing, Veeky Forums isn't about who's the best at cooking. Veeky Forums, on the other hand, isn't a place where people go for evaluation or feedback; rather, it's a place where people go to compare themselves to other people.

>it's a place where people go to compare themselves to other people.
You are very wrong there, and it's more telling of your own mentality than ours.

You know, the fact that a number of Veeky Forumsizens are actually taking the time to post thoughtful replies to what amounts to your scattered personal polemic against a dated concept of a community with which you no longer have anything in common should tell you a little about Veeky Forums in general.

It was *you* who introduced this bitter note into what was otherwise a cheerful thread in which the two boards share in some light-hearted roleplay. Now Veeky Forumsizens swallow down our rising bile and have somehow compose disciplined responses to your whining. Precious.

Twice I begged you to show some form of restraint. Twice.

Could you both fuck off so we can get back to qt drawings?

See ya. Good luck with /flit/bro, he must be a handful.

>nearly every poster whose home is Veeky Forums has read infinite jest
This is hilariously untrue
>few posters on Veeky Forums even bother to read the sticky
Once again not true, why the fuck do you think "READ THE FUCKING STICKY" is a meme? Every dumb question is referred back there.
A Veeky Forumsizen that hasn't read the sticky is probably one that doesn't need to and is already knowledgeable on fitness, ones that haven't and need to are quickly reminded when they make a stupid, misinformed post

I wasn't expecting you to denounce the place you call internet home. It's a polemic, it's personal, but it isn't scattered; it's just that there's so much to work with.
None of your points have held water, except maybe this last one: that I'm being mean.
A board with no redeeming qualities can house some decent people. And if you like standing in a circle with your internet friends and tossing old forced memes back and forth, it's a good place to be--I won't take that away from you--but Veeky Forums is broken: it doesn't produce things anymore.

looks like /flit/ is happening!

And I'm sure you're a quality poster that contributes quality content to much better boards like you're doing now with your quality, thoughtful posts.
Stop posturing you twat.

oop, pullin' out the rhetorical big guns now, are we?

Allahu Akbar
La illaha illah la wa muhhamad rasullu llah

You're really not selling me on your position to be talking down to the quality of content on a board.

>some non-high quality posting on Veeky Forums undermines the thesis that there is almost no high quality posting on Veeky Forums
what are you doing?

...so is there any pictures of what Veeky Forums will wear to the ball? I want to start drawing.

Alright are there any drawfags here?

i lost my tablet, but i can do a sketch or two.

what the hell, i thought we weren't going with fit this year.

so is it confirmed? we're going with fit?

It's confirmed. /blush