Elon Musk is working on the Neural Lace

So, just saw this post on lebbit, any predictions, hopes for this?

Also good morning.

This.. This proves that Elon Musk is probably the greatest mind in human history... His hard effort and creativity will not only take us to Mars, but we will get there by spaceships controlled with our minds. Praise baby Jesus for this man.

Greatest mind? He's a fucking investor and project manager. He's going for great things and arranges the investments for projects which would be considered unlikely to succeed. But that doesn't make him a demi-god.

He is the greatest mind in human history. That's a fact. Just because his a Jew doesn't mean that he is an investor or is related to money/ business in any other way. That's racist. He is the greatest scientist of XXI century and you, my friend, you're just fucking jealous.

I aint even gonna bother with you.

Go fuck yourself.

Musketeers are the worst.

>He's a fucking investor and project manager. He's going for great things and arranges the investments for projects
He involves himself directly in the technical details and decision-making.

Werner von Braun and Sergei Korolev were also "project managers" who had engineers working under them to take care of the numerous details one person can't cope with, but you credit them with the success of their rocket development programs, don't you?

If he was just dealing with the business end of things and letting his engineers say what can be done, Falcon 9 wouldn't be reusable, and there wouldn't be an ITS in the works. His engineers are rather conventional. They would have spent the development budget on industry-standard things, like strap-on boosters and a hydrogen-fuelled upper stage.

You just can't stand the truth. Fucking weakling. Talking shit about Elon. That's all you can. Pathetic.

First of all, he's not a Jew. Second of all, he just throws money at things; he doesn't actually build them. Finally, half the things that he does build just end up exploding.

At least he tries to make a difference. And of course he's a Jew. Elon Musk is a genius, a prodigy, a skilled entrepreneur and a gentleman. You'll be sorry for your words of disbelief when everyone except you will be invited by Elon to a trip to Mars.

>half the things that he does build just end up exploding
>falcon 9 success rate 29/31
>Tesla one of the safest cars
>can solar panels even explode?
1/10 made me reply.

Who the fuck is this faggot?

fuckin moron

The dude that isn't elon

He's pretty much the Steve Jobs of the 2010s. He has a knack for leading innovative companies, but his knowledge doesn't exceed that of his employees.

>flying ship with my mind
>get distracted by boobs
>miss mars and go to Jupiter instead
Oh well, more time with the boobs I guess

musk this, musk that, "musk went to same bar i was 2 years ago"

>"musk went to toilet"

>"hey, i have the same model of toilet that musk has"
>"what does it mean for spacex and tesla"
>"le rapid unscheduled e
>"$8000 drive unit is a wear item"

i hate the guy, mostly for creating his retarded fanbase

Is there really a fucking Musk subreddit? It looks like that from the screenshot. I'm too scared to check myself.

Tim Urban? He runs a popsci blog (that includes a lot of non scientific content too) called wait but why. Used to see threads all the time about his articles here, mainly the one on the fermi paradox

To his credit what he invests in is pretty neat. Whether he works on the science or not isn't really the point, and while he's no demi-god, I wouldn't denigrate his work.

I have browsed Veeky Forums since it's inception and I have never seen an article by this faggot here.

>when you get those sweet State bucks

>a hydrogen-fuelled upper stage.

The US Air Force gave him $33.6 million last year to try and build a liquid methane upper stage for F9 and FH. Maybe we can get the best of both worlds. Hydrogen sucks donkey balls unless your using hydrogen slush, and even then it still sucks slightly more palatable balls. This new methane stage would use engine heat to pressurize both tanks doing away with those pesky helium bottles that keep exploding. It's a sexy sexy full flow cycle.

Also thank you uncle Elon for blowing up Zuckerkies internet for niggers satellite.

>The US Air Force gave him $33.6 million last year to try and build a liquid methane upper stage for F9 and FH.
That was for Raptor, which was described as an engine for a methane-fuel upper stage for F9 and FH. But they've said they won't be developing such a stage unless someone offers to pay for the development. They would probably be obligated to do so if the Air Force stepped up with the cash.

Rather, they're developing ITS, a whole new, much larger launch vehicle with Raptor as both booster and orbital stage engine. They avoid a lot of problems by doing this. For instance, they don't have to find a new way to land, like adding secondary thrusters, they can just land with the main engines like they do with the F9 flyback booster. Even if they get surprised by weight growth or how much performance reusability ends up costing in practice, the huge planned payload can shrink a great deal and still be highly useful. And the huge tanks mean they can afford elaborate surface treatments (inert coating, insulation, heat shield) due to the square-cube law.

That's why I don't expect them to do a methane FH upper stage: it adds new problems they won't have to solve on ITS.