Has any book ever made you cry?

Has any book ever made you cry?

One time I was reading Ayn Rand in bed and I dropped it on my testicles

t. contrarian

Bump 'cause I want to cry, too.

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame - Victor hugo

>dat ending
Esmeraldaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Sodom and Gomorrah. When the narrator finds out how much his grandmother suffered from her illness, especially at Balbec. Also the way that his mother is effected by her death

crime and punishment made me cry in the epilogue. his mother

stoner.

The Odyssey fucked me up with his dog. I didn't cry, but damn.

> One time I was reading Ayn Rand in bed and I dropped it on my testicles

kek

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

In Search of Lost Time a while back because I felt like it was a book I had been "searching" for my whole life

And also the opera for Beethoven's 9th made me tear up recently despite having heard the tune many times but not realizing how beautiful a song about joy was until now

When I was younger I used to cry almost every time I finished a book from the sheer emotional weight of having completed a story. But I think as an adult crying about fictional characters is pretty sad.

I disagree

There was a Paul Jennings short story when I was a kid about poor man who treated his dog like shit. The dog somehow wound up down a well, and the owner threw some meat down the well every day rather than get the dog out. Later on he fell down the well after his dog got out of the well somehow. The dog's head was perma-bent upwards from looking up waiting for his daily meat ration, and used all of his energy dragging some meat to feed his helpless owner every day, until doge died from starvation. I balled my fucking eyes out.

Animal cruelty, especially if accidental or regretted, really gets to me too.

Thanks for the laugh.

Steppenwolf

The unbearable lightness of being. The overwhelming happiness at end fucking got me.

Almost all of them desu

Joseph and his Brothers, you know the part.

The end of Where the Red Fern Grows. That shit was so moving to me as a kid.

I teared up when Leonidas and his men died.

The pearl

The Fault in Our Stars made me cry so much. ;'(

Came for this, will be leaving now

Karamazov
IJ
the first Harry Potter
The Mysterious Island
Middlemarch
several Dickens
C&P
Stories of Your Life and Others
The Bible
Don Quixote

Crime and Punishment. Also the Perks of Being a Wallflower but that was like ten years ago.

/r9/k greentexts about having no gf

Marley and Me

pls no bully

Disgrace
Mrs Dalloway
Ironweed
So Long, See You Tomorrow
Gilead
IJ (mostly over Orin's unconditional love for Mario [Brothers K?]
Almost anything by Alice Munro. specifically "Age of Faith"

*Hal, not Orin

Cried hard after i finished Takashi Murakami's Hoshi Mamoru Inu.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I don't think I've cried in over 7 years as far as I can remember, but parts that made me very emotional:
Stoner, the part where Stoner read his mistress' book and saw that it was dedicated to him.
TBK, the last part, the funeral.
C&P, the scene where the horse gets beaten to death.
Paradise Lost: many parts but not sadness, just overwhelmed by its beauty.

theyve probably all been mentioned before but still.

In Search of Lost Time, a few times

Ending to TBK. That epilogue was so emotional.

What part made you cry? There were some sad parts in it, but I didn't really feel as much as I did TBK.

Mario is basically Alyosha from TBK. Same with the other brothers: Hal = Ivan and Orin = Dmitri.

>In Search of Lost Time a while back because I felt like it was a book I had been "searching" for my whole life
I'm interested in this and have a keen feeling (I can't explain) that I'm searching for something I'll find only in this book, can you elaborate on what you mean?

susan e. hinton's outsiders. i was just a kid back then

Doesn't even sound like you believe that yourself.

Stoner made me kinda moist. Didn't exactly bawl my eyes out though.