The death of Veeky Forums

Thread on the left is a dumb gorilla post shitpost made one day 13 hours ago with almost 100 replies. Thread on the right is a neat real science thread made 15 hours ago with no replies other than OP himself. How the fuck can you explain this?

Veeky Forums has always been shit.

You don't get replies unless you say something that is a) controversial and b) at a level in which brainlets can understand.

The first discussion is all philosophy 'n shit and anyone can do that, while the second thread requires scientific knowledge to discuss properly but we're all charlatans who barely know anything besides calculus, so...

It's Veeky Forums; what else did you expect?

Even /r/science is better than this shithole, kek

This desu. I've been here a while now and this has always been the case. However it has gotten worse over the past few years, but I can't tell if that's just because the board has gotten more active or if it's reflecting a lack of Veeky Forums-related posts.

There are threads like the String Theory General that have over 70 replies and use nice theoretical physics.

A few years ago, threads would take days before being removed by the limit. Now a thread can disappear in less than a day thanks to the retards spamming troll threads (which can hold interesting discussions nonetheless). It's just that we should limit troll thread and retarded threads so that real threads have a chance to live.

I'd estimate that only about 10% of posters on Veeky Forums have any real background in math or science, the rest are CS and engineering undergrads or shitposters. There are simply too few people to have actual discussions.

This thread is a shitpost unrelated to science. Even the gorrilafag post is better

/sci is just a shitposting playground for uppity Christ-cucks to make troll threads about flat earth/fake global warming/creationism or whatever their facebook feed bullshit triggered them into feeling cocky enough to think their scientifically illiterate garbage is worth spreading.

also college freshmen failing calc 1 reeeee ing about how they are "smart but lazy" and whatever other meme garbage comprises 90% of these thread.

It's a meta thread pertaining to the quality of post and discussion as outlined by global rule 6.

Go to reddit if you want to actually talk to scientifically educated people about science faggot. I will continue gorillaposting on this board without remorse, what u gonna do about it bitch?

cuck

The gorilla thread actually has good discussion though

>what u gonna do about it bitch?

Being such a man. Can you even hold your testicules ?

With my hands retard

You made the post on the right didnt you

Now you are venting out your frustration on yet another non-sci related thread

Most of us are math students. Try a graduate level math thread and you'll get some discussion. Biofags are very rare on Veeky Forums.

>Thread 1
Good discussion + interesting info
>Thread 2
pop sci thread hyping for funding

Butthurt OP is mad that his popsci thread did not get 200+ replies

The thing about reading shit in voices is inherently interesting as we all do it.

Using DNA as storage is old vaporware news, its boring and while may one day be practical is currently just a bottomless money pit that funds scientists to wright papers and for (((journalists))) to click bait you on.

That gorilla post spawned an interesting discussion.

There WOULD be enough people, but:

>A few years ago, threads would take days before being removed by the limit.