Post comic books with more intellectual depth than Infinite Jest

Post comic books with more intellectual depth than Infinite Jest

>tfw ever since I've read Infinite Jest I am unable to read anything else cause it doesn't live up to it

XD!

Ha-ha!

nemo

Not gonna lie, that looks pretty fuckin' cool.

Quality thread

Posted a few of my favorites. Also Sandman.

Furry Freak Brothers and Fat Freddy's Cat is the bomb. I've got them all.

Looks like a Robert Crumb knock off.

Gilbert Shelton and Crumb were contemporaries and buddies, but he's nobody's knockoff.

Freesia by Jiroh
Buddha, Phoenix, Adolf by Tezuka.

God damn do I want to get drunk right now. I was sober yesterday, and I wanted to be. One of those rare days that I have a hang over due to how ridiculously drunk I got the night before. Now though, I just feel so fuckin'... bored. I don't feel like reading, I have a book idea but it needs LOTS of fine tuning, planning, and plotting and what not. I don't feel all that much like gaming, I don't even feel like watching Youtube vids or discussing shit on Veeky Forums.

What is this called, this disinterest in everything? Melancholy? No, the definition of that seems to involve sadness. I don't feel sad. I just feel... I just want to drink. Everything is better when I drink, but I only have like maybe 5oz of rum. If I chug it all at once, I could get a decent buzz perhaps, but it would only make me want more... this sucks. I need to come up with a new idea for a story so that I have something to do, something to enjoy.

this is not something i wanted to read my first night sober in 3 years

Sorry, user. I'm sort of in the same boat. Drank pretty much daily/nightly since some time in early-mid 2013 until early-mid this year. Still been drinking frequently, but lately been REALLY cutting back. Perhaps 2-3 days a week, and it kinda sucks. It's good to cut back though, because drinking that much really fucks up your body. In early 2013 I was in the best shape of my life. Now, I'm just under 270lb, was at 265 at two points but went back up near 270, and was 280 at one point. Trying to lose weight.

Good luck cutting back. It's for the best. It's just, for some reason I'm feeling particularly 'blah' tonight. Unenthused. Unmotivated. Uninterested. Just a fuckload of 'un's.

etc.

Hey user, how did you do yesterday? I managed to leave my little 6oz of rum alone. Did you hang in there, or did you go get something to drink? It's ok if you did, the important thing is to keep trying to forget about it and cut down.

are withdrawals really that bad as they says?

I am not the fellow you are asking, I am and I have experienced Delirium Tremens, and on occasion after a strenuous workout, 'the shakes'. I can drink every second day not bad, and every third day as you can see, can be done, but takes willpower. Now I have drank those 6oz of rum, a couple beer, and I have picked up another dozen though I doubt I'll drink all 12. DT however, is pretty fucked up. Arachnophobe here, and it does tend to go towards spiders. Watch the movie The Lost Weekend. A film from 1945 or so, stars a writer, an alcoholic writer... I feel as though I just made an oxymoron but I digress, watch that movie, it's where I've first heard of Delirium Tremens, and I feel it does represent it fairly accurately. Won't give spoilers unless asked for further detail.

Ennui.

GR?

This.

It's a perfect storm of sparkling originality and utter dead-horse cliche which somehow comes together into something fantastic.

Plus it's by Alejandro Jodorowsky which means it recommends itself.

Never heard that word before, and grammarly says I have a larger vocabulary than about 99% of grammarly users.

en·nui
änˈwē/
noun
noun: ennui
A feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.
synonyms: boredom, tedium, listlessness, lethargy, lassitude, languor, weariness, enervation;

Also, Grammarly lied to you.