Does everyone on this board have 150+ IQ what the fuck

does everyone on this board have 150+ IQ what the fuck

Yes. It's time for you to go back.

You'll get there. I think the average IQ on this board is probably more around 135. Those are the shit posters. There's quite a few people with 150+ IQ though.
The main thing these smart people have on you though is years of study and experience. But I do figure a lot of people here are "gifted" and arrogant high school students.

Here's one thing you should know: there isn't that big of a difference between a person with an IQ of 130 and one with an IQ of 105. Only above 150 does it really start to matter.

Well I say there's little difference. What I should say is their relatively of the same intelligence.

Which board did you come from? This matters a lot

I have the same feeling as you bro. I'm around 120 (if not a little less) and I few like near genius around people irl only to come here and feel like a brainlet. I hope (and think) most of those "high" IQ people are just trolling though.

>there isn't that big of a difference between a person with an IQ of 130 and one with an IQ of 105.
In case anyone is taking this seriously, this part is bullshit. This is the range across which most of the correlation between success and IQ can be observed. 120-140 is where most mundane leadership and technical roles in society fit. You'll probably trigger a lot of 130-140 brainlets though.

Nah senpai Im perfectly happy being 140

>comparing a mathematician with an IQ of 130 to one with an IQ of 105
Please, they're both useless. Admit it. The one upper hand the person with an IQ of 130 could do is they could probably get by in engineering.

How does it feel being borderline retarded? I guess the trips are some consolation

>140
>Literally this brain is worth 2 ethiopian brains

>lacking reading comprehension
fucking brainlets

Tfw you read this and you are a civil engineer with 138 IQ.

>ask a question about some topic
>150IQer writes up a paragraph answer just for me in complex detail and I don't understand
>panic
>close thread and remove from watch list

does anyone on this board have 150+ IQ? I think that's the correct question ta ask, and I strongly suspect the answer is "no, what the fuck is wrong with you, why would you even ask such a fucking retarded question?"

There was a poll a while ago. Either there's a lot of liars, or there's a lot of people on this board with high IQ's. Many claimed to be over 160.

>Either there's a lot of liars, or there's a lot of people on this board with high IQ's.

hmm, I really wonder which it is...

Where did you guys check out your IQ?

random.org

Are you seriously entertaining the idea the poster on here is much smarter than the average poster on Veeky Forums, (b and pol excluded)?

It's circle jerk for people who think they are smart and just repeat it again and again on here.
>Oh, I browse the science board, I must be so smart, let me make a thread.

Part of it is people who've basically done the same IQ questions in multiple tests thinking they are smart "now".

Bullseye. Half the posts are dedicated to calling other people brainlets and arguing over who is smarter. But compared to IQ polls on other boards I guess they must be more honest considering the IQ's were considerably lower...

>59

No shit. It's ironic memeing for the most part

t. Brainlet who doesn't know own IQ, and comes here to occasionally discuss topics of interest

jesus

The incentive to lie in an anonymous poll which you can only vote in once is questionable

Not unless you're lying to yourself.

Most people in this thread, like a popular chart that circulates regularly with a board-by-IQ bar graph, are overestimating the board's actual IQ. It is true that very smart people post here; grads students, etc (which does much to raise the average), but the place is also swamped by t he usual kids, shitposters etc.

the actual average IQ of the board is inevitably closer to the 110-120 range, just on this observation alone.

Any sub-200 IQ brainlets need to leave Veeky Forums and stay go.

t. sub-300 IQ brainlet

if you don't have 999.999... iq you shouldn't be allowed to be here

The posts in this thread alone should prove to you that not every one (indeed, hardly anyone) on this board is clever. Much less do they have an IQ of 150+ lmao. I've never understood why people think Veeky Forumstards are smart? Just because you see a maths thread pop up every now and then doesn't mean they are all geniuses, especially since the maths isn't very difficult to begin with. Also, lots of people come to this board from other boards like /b/, so there's that...

Bear in mind: most threads involving complex maths and science are usually started by college graduates in those fields - it should be trivial to them, but obviously neuroscience isn't something most people know a whole lot about - so don't feel bad at all.

>IQ
all that matters, kek

IQ is not an accurate measure of inteligence. Relax.

Why would a very smart person waste their time on an imageboard?

>there isn't that big of a difference between a person with an IQ of 130 and one with an IQ of 105
t. 105 IQ

no, I'm a 140 iq brainlet

Lol speak for yourself brain/manlet I have an IQ of 190+.

smart people have a lot of free time, we don't have to work as hard

>we
as in YOU being smart?

I actually have 160 IQ

I don't think I'll ever be able to forget this post and picture

in this mongolian sweatshop website? hell no we all probably at least have 100-120 IQ otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our time here

The brainlet:
>Constantly needs to prove to others how smart they are. Gets very annoying after a while.
>Never uses constructive criticism. Just calls people stupid.
>Unable to see the other side of the coin of an idea they have.
>Gets extremly offended when proven they are not as smart as they think they are.
>"Oh, I didn't know that" is a phrase that is not part of their vocabulary.
>Feel they are full of knowledge instead of thirsting for knowledge.
>Doesn't need to do anything because they feel full of knowledge.
>"This is going to happen" rather than "I wonder what will happen if I do this?"

137 here, reporting for nothing. IQ is a meme.

Engineering is not a forbidden secret that only people past a certain IQ can learn. People around 100 can get by too.

>Implying that smart people is not as stupid as average people
We are all stupid, accept it.

Sitting at a chill 145

Any board having daily discussion threads about IQ, have low average IQ.

i think people who had 100 iq and got into engineering at some point will end up at 120 iq if they study daily

t. used to have 110 iq in high-school now i have 125 iq (double in major aerospace engineering and physics)

>I think the average IQ on this board is probably more around 135
Way too high.
The highest average IQ per major is 130 for Maths and Physics. Since there are lots of engineers and other scum on Veeky Forums I'd say 120 would be a better estimate.

Average IQ for a completed BSc it was iirc, so it should be even lower.

le anyone who thinks they are smart r actually dumb
xD amirite guys

What did you expect?

It raises the question: whether studying STEM (math and physics) actually makes you smarter (as opposed to just make you better at solving IQ tests like everyone says).

Both, imo.
The brain isn't static.

But mostly yeah, it does make you better at solving puzzles.

150 IQ isn't unreachable, but requires you to structure your entire life around being an intellectual. I don't think people who spend excessive amounts on this board exceed 120.

>120
try 90

what?

yes.
i graduated in 3 years with a bachelor's in applied mathematics and a minor in Electrical Eng.

I don't know what my IQ is. I took a test in elementary and they told me it 180. I don't believe them because I was only smart enough to get an assoc degree and I failed algebra the first time. Is there a reliable test to take online or no?

What is the required IQ for not being a brainlet?

Average poster here obviously has some interest in science & math, those are either people whose job involve that or is just interested. Either way the average IQ of this board is probably higher than most other boards, so it might seem posters of this board are smart but the reality is other boards are just retarded.

now about the actual IQ of this board, I estimate it to be around 120, not crazy high but fairly common. IQ and success might have a correlation but that doesn't mean all IQ tests are equally reliable. Anyone claiming to have above 140 is probably just shitposting.

Literally 100. Jaded Veeky Forums posters will tell you that anything under 115-120 is unfit to learn STEM.

120 is basically the average if you exclude literal retards and other mentally disabled people, so I'd say above 130.

Is this IQ thing just a big inside joke or do you guys really believe it's a measure of anything?

threadly reminder that if the IQ test you took goes over 140 its bullshit.

There are mountains of studies that show that IQ is a very good indicator of academic achievement and financial success in life.

Unless it doesn't go under 140

My IQ is so high it can only be expressed in a Graham's number

That's numberwang.

I had an IQ of 126 in 4th grade which says more than a new IQ test would do it now while I'm studying a STEM subject.

Feels pretty good desu.