Is cancer curable?

Is cancer curable?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warburg_effect
news.berkeley.edu/2012/12/17/malignant-breast-cells-grow-normally-when-compressed/
stroke.ahajournals.org/content/44/2/558
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which one?
They are all specific on their own.

it's not what you think it is

just add nitrite

Search "hand expression" on youtube.

not in "well we found the cure, that's the end"
there is no cure, rather we keep researching, getting more methods for each type. Then eventually we will be at the point where we can essentially eradicate it as it occurs. That's not to say it won't happen and that it will just be gone, I don't think it's possible to stop that, but we'll have the methods and tech to all but destroy it when it does occur.

Only if you smoke weed

Well, it is to some degree already.
You can blast less agressive tumors with radiation, toxins and hormones and shrink them to a degree where a surgery becomes realistic without fatalities or even eradicate them completely. More agressive tumors still kill a ton of people because the available therapies kill you faster than the tumor.
Also many tumors are a result of a dent in your immune system if you are not a chain-smoker, alcoholic, etc. and tend to resurface simply because your body can not handle specific kinds of cell mutations. That is why cancer patients who survive initially usually end up dying from the same tumor some day anyway and have to go through regular check-ups.
A "cure" for cancer is generally a complicated term, because you are fighting against a microscopic defect im your own body which even your own immune system refuses to target. Still it is theoretically curable.

Dude cancer cells develope a faster metabolism to divide and spread faster, right? Just add a little bit of nasty electron transport chain inhibitor that makes respiration les efficient into the body, as in it produces more heat and less ATP. It's a little quantity, so it won't cook up healthy, non-cancerous cells with normal metabolism but it will obliterate cancer cells because they will get too hot haha
There you got your universal cancer cure if someone wants to patent this I wont mind

there are treatments that can end up in healing cancer, all depending on type of cancer, type of person, stage of illness and basically luck

>Dude cancer cells develope a faster metabolism to divide and spread faster, right?

No, its fucking wrong you dipshit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warburg_effect

He's wrong, but he's right.

If you're eternal, and you start living; rather than dying closer to your death every day.

only by replacing the flesh with machine.

Or do we already have a cure, but no one knows because doctors and medicine companies make more money for treating people over their entire lifetime, rather than curing them once?

this is a dumb meme

> breast cancer
Breast massages
news.berkeley.edu/2012/12/17/malignant-breast-cells-grow-normally-when-compressed/

stroke.ahajournals.org/content/44/2/558

>cannabis linked to increased risk of ischemic stroke

weedheads BTFO

Try fasting.

Libbies BTFO

can i see the full titty

>curing genetic failures

Arguably if CRISPR becomes more efficient and available in the coming decades, and with easier ways of detection we could arguably be able to stop cancer before it becomes a problem.

Only if we stop pretending we even remotely give a damn about prevention. There's also likely a "big pharma" roadblock to some degree when it comes to more meaningfully and integrally studying and applying "alternative" (tribalism fanning divide and conquer label) treatments, that are of course less patentable and impossible to justify charging 13,000+ per bottle of 15 pills. eg, mekinist and tafinlar. Also, the unnecessary insurance game might be taken right out of existence if things weren't ridiculously expensive. they're all that are artificially creating a market for this nonsense.

Why bother, it's broken in a way that's simply par for the course. Those are some nice breasts though.

Studying Cancer biology right now. In terms of a concrete "God" method, there isn't a very feasible option yet. Think of it this way. Cancer has a number of ways of presenting itself (inhibition/over expression of cell signal mechanisms and pathways, genetic chromosomal mutations, etc). And there's a number of treatments that could/do work.

In a simple way, cancerous cells form from increased proliferation and inhibition of apoptosis. It doesn't just happen out of the blue and you have this tumor that grows. It takes time. Once the cell cycle is compromised proliferation increases and you get a cancerous growth. Eventually these cells present certain hallmarks (immortalization, angiogenesis, etc.)

Now treatment wise there are a number of options with regards to the type of cancerous growth, stage, and even age of the patient. I'm being really general because cancer biology is very specific and can be difficult to explain. If you're really interested I recommend you read the Biology of Cancer by Robert Weinberg (second edition). You could get a pdf version by googling it. In it you'll get a more specific understanding of how cancerous cells work, the mechanisms behind them, and the methods of treatment.

Try urine fasting.

What about using duct tape?

We're going to DESTROY all cancers with fucking CAS9, those tumortards dont know what'll hit them, every cancer call will get fucking ANNAHILATED in the next century, just watch

As if we have a century left.

>century
Lol fucking future fags. Anything further ahead than 10 years, maybe 20, is basically creative writing

boobs

Actually, I've been doing a research paper on the topic myself, and the protein Cpf1 is better equipped to handle the task of modifying sequences of DNA than Cas9. This is primarily due to the fact that Cas9 leads to a larger number of errors since it only has one chance to edit a sequence of DNA. This can also cause cancer to develop a resistance to Cas9. Cpf1 on the other hand can target the same gene multiple times, drastically decreasing the likelihood of an off-target mutation.

If feminism is the cancer... I think we already found the cure.

DNP?

So I guess homeopathy is real after all?

Every sickness is because of the low Qi in that specific region.

>refers to cancer as a single disease

Cancer is a collective term for diseases caused my the presence of tumours/ uncontrolled growth on/within organs resulting in a loss of function or damage tot he organ. Is there a cure for tumours? which one? cancer isnt just one mutation. the DNA sequence of a myeloma cell is very different to a sarcoma.

>ERMAGERD BUT WEED CURES CANCERRRR

Many plants express anti carcinogenic properties. THC is one of the weakest anti cancer treatments out there,

Only stage IV non-small cell lug cancer. The cure is to post about it on Veeky Forums every day.

do you realise how much money would be made from cancer treatment? and cancer can reoccur many many times. its not like a virus which can be vaccinated against. Your would have an everlasting supply of money, as long as humans existed.

Implying there are things that aren't curable.
Nyuknyuknyuk

I'd like to see you try and get stoned with the other ones though.
You're getting two for the price of one dawg.