Was Nabokov a pedo? How was he able to write is such beautiful detail such a taboo subject without experience?

Was Nabokov a pedo? How was he able to write is such beautiful detail such a taboo subject without experience?

by beign really smart

by rapping children's

by reading shitloads of studies/real world accounts of it

now read Ada and tell me he ain't just into kiddies

this man, in my country, he is nothing

I just finished Invitation to a Beheading. Sure enough, there's an Emmy, she's twelve, blonde, blue-eyed and she wears but skirts that twirl around her "ballerina calves"--I already had Maddie Ziegler in mind at this point as I was ff...as I was, um, reflecting upon the multilayered thematic richness of the novel. She is very rambunctious, very playful, especially with balls, doesn't talk much but she has an air as if there's something on her mind that she knows shouldn't be there. At some point she climbs on top of the protagonist in his bunk, hugs his loins between those--mmhmm, you've guessed it--ballerina calves while the golden down on the hollow of her back glows softly as her hair falls by the side of her neck. 'Nuff said.

I wish I remembered his exact epithets in that scene, because the prose is godly. Highly recommended, whether you're a nymphetophile or a literary-imagery-o-phile.

Is Albert Camus an arab slayer?

Oh no no no, you're not getting away with such a shitty analogy. There's nothing particularly realistic in that Arab shooting scene, anything that would point towards Camus having any intimate knowledge of how it feels to shoot a man down, Arab or not. Nabokov though--just read him. The man knows. Ah tells ya: that man at the very least seen some shit.

How would you know whether it's realistic or not if you weren't a pedo yourself?

No he doesn't, stop misinterpreting authors to justify your own sexual deviance

Look up his childhood, and where and when he hit adolescence. He was giving Ayn Rand her first innocent orgasms long before you were born.

Lolita's imagery doesn't come from the physical relationship, it comes from the devotion to a relic of a better past life. Ada is the same.

Nabokov lost his childhood home and never returned. Not rocket science.

I'll have to check that out, for uhhh literary purposes you know.

It's different when you're writing about love. That usually comes from the heart and reflects a inner desire, unlike writing about various other subjects.

>It's different when you're writing about love.
no it isnt you faggot

He might very well have been, before the 90s pedophilia was basically a peccadillo, like being an adulterer or a junkie.

I'm pretty sure fucking a child is a little bit worse then cheating on your wife.

In a video interview, which can be found on Youtube, he gets asked where he got the idea to write about such a topic (love to a 12 yeear old girl) and you see him sliding down the couch a bit with a smug smirk before pattering his memorized explanation of a baboon in a cage or some shit.

How are you this dumb? I'm talking about how people saw things 30 years ago.

So people were ok with child molestation 30 years ago?

more like the 60's

It really is a good book. The nymphet is not nearly the focus of the novel and is a minor character. It's not about forbidden love at all, it's quite metaphysical I dare say, while staying short, very funny, witty and the prose is delightful. It's perfect for when you want to read something light yet, in case someone asks--well, you're reading Nabokov, therefore you may rightfully avert those--unfair, of course--accusations of plebiness you have been secretly fearing.

so you're saying it's a perfect novel for pseuds

More ok than they are now.

That's what I just said

No, but it wasn't seen as bad like it is to day with long prison terms and being put on a list for life.