How does Veeky Forums keep their page while reading?

How does Veeky Forums keep their page while reading?
I used to fold the corner like in the pic, but recently I've just started tearing the page out once I finish it.

What the fuck

Have you considered stop being so retarded?

Yeah I tear the page out too

I applaud the OP for being a thoroughing and honest applicant of a philosophy, which is nihilism.

I'm guessing you read on the toilet.

Personally, I just take a red dry erase marker and line through the book as I read. It makes losing your place actually very difficult.

Every two pages, I just glue the pages together. Really simple solution to the bookmarking problem, and it really helps me out when I make book-art after finishing.

If I read the book a second time, I take a blue dry erase marker and line over the red lines

I used to update my progress on goodreads to keep the page, but pretty soon I realised how much I enjoyed that and did away with reading part.

I keep my place with digits. I've heard that Japanese gangsters do the same thing. I only recently became an avid reader, and I've already run out of my own (it's only good for about 28 days, after all), so I've started using those of family and friends. It's a good conversation starter too, when you take a part of someone's finger. It also forces them to ask what you're reading, because naturally they want to make sure that their finger segment will be put to good use.

Once you're an avid reader you usually don't forget the page you're on unless you stopped reading a certain book for a number of days or a week or longer.

I try to read 100 a day so it's usually always around an even number i stop like 100,190, etc.

>taking breaks while reading

Might as well not even bother if you're not going to take the hobby seriously

Save points are for casuals. If you get a Game Over you start from the beginning again next time.

>hobby

I find marking a check mark above each word I've read makes it easy to find my place

I use my book as a kind of a lifehack lunchbox. For instance, on any given day, when I go to work, I'll have like a quesadilla, or a chicken drumstick, or maybe a half consumed tube of gogurt safely tucked between the leaves.

>savescumming
just remember your page number/chapter you left off at. if you're too stupid to do that then you're too stupid to bother reading anything worthwhile

I read two books at a time and insert them into each other on the pages I am up to

If I'm not done with the book by the time I have to take a break then I just start all over the next time, helps increase my WPM

i tear and burn the page i've read
lmao

>hobby

/thread

by using one of my many patented bookmark bookbarks of course

Whenever I finish reading for the night I chant [x] page number I'm on [x] amount of times. Great to hear some other /lit methods though.

I also tear the page out when I finish it. After that I do some origami with it, of course the figure I create is oriented to how the page made me feel.
I have plenty of boxes filled with origami. Sometimes when I feel in a particular way I search through those boxes so I can find an origami figure that represents the way I'm filling in that particular moment. Is quite satisfactory when I find that figure and read the page, it's a feeling you probably will never understand because is so pure and special that it's impossible to communicate through words.
After that I jerk of on the page, redo the figure and put it in a special "used feelings" box. Nobody want to stumble on a filthy used page when you're feel searching, am I right?

I lie about doing something stupid that you're not supposed to do with books and expect people to get provoked.

I use my memory, fucking retard.

I dog ear half the time and use book marks zero fucks given

I tear each page out as I read it and then eat it. It really helps me to absorb the information.

I used to do the same thing as you OP, but now I just smear shit on the page when I am finished reading on the toilet.

>I've just started tearing the page out once I finish it

animal!

LMAO. This is quality Veeky Forums bait.
But for real. I use a book marker

That's fucking weird

This fucking thead, I laughed so hard I ripped major ass and woke up my girlfriend

Personally I like to read above a stove. When I finish a page I dip it into the flame and let it turn to ash. It also encourages me to read faster in case the fire consumes more than the page I wanted it to.

Bah, that's child's play ya pussy. I set each page on fire from the top corner so I have to read faster than the flame. I got through War and peace in a day that way.

I tend to wholepunch the page and put some string through it.

Usually with anything that is nearby paper, money, mints. Lately I've been putting pieces of gum(still in wrapper) so when I get back to the book I can chew some gum as well.

I just let my cat make little bite holes on the page I'm on. He really likes doing that, so I help him out with his needs.

>he doesnt just read the title and write a whole novel of his own from it

I use a chalkboard. Every time I read a word I write down the word I read, erasing the previous word on the board if there is one. That way, when I have to pause I can just look at the board to see which word I'm on.

I tear out the pages I have read already, so I can just open the book and am instantly on the correct page.

spam cupcakes?
srsly?

i take a shit on the page
thats my bookmark

>tfw too smart to not finish a book in a single go

I write the page number on the last page that I read, then close the book.

I just rest my cigarette on the previous page, the unburned pages is where I'm at.

Usually I buy another copy of the book Im reading and slam it inside the actual book where I stopped reading. You can do a big literary sandwich if you are determined.

First time on Veeky Forums, and I feel like I'm back on /b/ circa 2010. Thread starts with a funny joke and as it progresses, the Facebook tier tryhard posts seep in and wipe the smile off your face with their shit.

I thought about doing that but is kinda gross, now I just ask strangers from the streets to take the shit on the book, much better

I don't read books.

Just while you're at it you might aswell put it on a bookshelf, freak

With a small pad of paper, so I can write down notes and good quotes as I read.