LaTeX

Can we have a latex thread?

How do you make a bar or slash through a letter? Example is the reduced planck constant: [math]\hbar[/math] and [math]\hslash[/math].

Do you need an extra package for that?

Other urls found in this thread:

jansoehlke.com/2010/06/strikethrough-in-latex/
library.caltech.edu/etd/symbols-a4.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell you what man, I got a pillow made of pure latex. No shit. It's the best damn pillow I ever had. The thing must weight about 10 lbs too.

jansoehlke.com/2010/06/strikethrough-in-latex/

Literally 10 seconds on google

Strikethrough is not the same. I will look if I can custom make something for future usage for myself.

What's the problem? Draw a letter in CorelDraw or any vector imaging software, save it in required format, define a command in LATEX

this document library.caltech.edu/etd/symbols-a4.pdf is your bible. check out page 51

\usepackage{cancel}

meant for

google it nigger

>not using Markdown + Pandoc

I have seen the light.

so, Latex then?

Just use LyX, way easier.

>wysiwyg editor for a wysiwym system

[math]2+2[\math]

use / instead of \

[math]2+2[/math]

ctrl+s and replace spoiler with math

good looks friend

[eqn]\text{ }^{\color{#571da2}{\displaystyle\text{W}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{\color{#462eb9}{\displaystyle\text{h}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#3f47c8}{\displaystyle\text{y}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#3f62cf}{\displaystyle\text{ }}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#437ccc}{\displaystyle\text{i}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#4b90bf}{\displaystyle\text{s}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#56a0ae}{\displaystyle\text{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#62ab99}{\displaystyle\text{t}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#71b484}{\displaystyle\text{h}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#82ba70}{\displaystyle\text{i}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#96bc5f}{\displaystyle\text{s}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#a9bd52}{\displaystyle\text{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#bcbb48}{\displaystyle\text{o}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#ceb541}{\displaystyle\text{n}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#dcab3c}{\displaystyle\text{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#e39938}{\displaystyle\text{/}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#e68033}{\displaystyle\text{s}}}}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{^{^{^{\color{#e3632d}{\displaystyle\text{c}}}}}}}}}\text{ }^{^{^{^{\color{#de4227}{\displaystyle\text{i}}}}}}\text{ }^{\color{#da2121}{\displaystyle\text{/}}}[/eqn]

because [math]\LaTeX[/math] is used by scientists and mathematicians at the professional level. entire texts are frequently written in [math]\LaTeX[/math]. I own both an analysis and linear algebra textbook written in [math]\LaTeX[/math]

[math]because\;fuck\;you[/math]

[math]\rm{\color{Red}{(User\ has\ been\ banned\ for\ this\ post)}}[/math]

hey guys, /pol/ here

[math]\rm{\color{Red}{(User\ has\ been\ anally\ raped\ for\ this\ post)}}[/math]

>LyX is wysiwym
>retard brainlet calls it wysiwyg
>thinks wysiwyg used for wysiwym system
>chokes on cocks
>justice is served

>LyX is wysiwym
Not as most people use it.

excellent thread

Have you even used it ever?
Trying to do wysiwyg with it will just fail, since it is not wysiwyg!

Yes, I have.

Revelation 13:18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [math] \textit{is} [/math]

[eqn] 666 = 6 \cdot \sum\limits_{k=1}^{3} 10^{k-1} = \sum\limits_{k=1}^{7} p_{k}^{2} = \sum\limits_{k=1}^{36} k = \sum\limits_{k=1}^{144} \bigg \lfloor 10^{k} \pi - 10 \cdot \lfloor 10^{k-1} \pi \rfloor \bigg \rfloor [/eqn]

where [math] p_k [/math] denotes the kth prime.

[eqn]\iiint_D[/eqn]

Can somebody give me some fucking help here pretty please, LaTeX noob and this doesn't make sense to me

The following works, but throws out errors claiming "unrecognised command" even though it works??? pic related, I might be retarded but I don't know how to fix. Using TeXStudio

I have no experience with the wrap figure environment, but it should work fairly similarly to the plain figure environment.

Instead of using \begin{centering} and \end{centering} just use a \centering command after your begin environment.

I just debugged an item in texstudio moments ago. I'm breddy gud.

You are doing at least four things at once here: "wrapfigure", "center", "\includegraphics", and \caption maybe. For whatever reason, these things do not play well together.

Frankly, your screenshot isn't good enough for a fully diagnosis. And the reason why this is so, is because /basic stuff that you declare at the top/ can be hugely important/destructive to a document at least compiling properly! Some types of syntax just don't play well together.

ADVICE:

each thing has a "switch" of some kind. When the fucking thing won't even compile, turn off these various "switches" by definitely deleting their respective code, until you at least get something to compile. Then, try adding back the things you wanted, one-by-one, until you get the result you wanted. This is laborious but well-worth-it when you're putting a fuckton of "switches" together in a creative way, and you are determined to make your document work.

just keep internet-searching for your solution until you get it. It's easy as fuck these days to bash out something in LaTeX to make it look like you want, you just need 15 min determination, as any times as needed, on the internets.