Veeky Forums Humor! YLYL

Veeky Forums Humor! YLYL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IM3gyhb1HGU&ab_channel=SciencephiletheAI
explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/435:_Purity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're right, that edit is a fucking joke
Everyone knows engineers go between biologists and chemists, and all the best philosophers are mathematicians too

>philosophy isn't logic
>logic isn't the foundation of math
>logic isn't the foundation of computer science
philosophy > math = cs > physicists > chemists > biologists > engineers >>>>>>>>> psychologists > sociologists > political scientists >>>>>>>>>>>> economists

youtube.com/watch?v=IM3gyhb1HGU&ab_channel=SciencephiletheAI
>inb4 reddit

t. physics major

>poli sci above economists

At least economists passed college algebra

who made this shit? we were already at 2 ghz in 2001.

>aluminum is the best metal
>not diamond

brainlet detected

How jealous can one be of programmers?

can relate

This runs in theta(1)

And mathematics are applied philosophy
And we have way more than 3.2GHz now, it's not supposed to be high end

pro-gamers? like dota and cs:go?

>mathematics
>a random symbol-based construct
>pure

No, pro-grammers. Linguists

The fuck is a grammer, you libtard?

>not taking into account the differences of speed of walking on the path vs walking on grass

WTF is wrong with education and comunication?

Even Political science has a better standing in all of these charts.

Or the difference in various factors, like air resistance during certain seasons, or the effect of heat or direct sunlight and the resulting lack of fluids... really there are so many variables... please help my autism. :(

reddit - the thread

i'm Muslim, but this to really top kek.
wtf with this kind of people

here's more

god I love these

LOL!

This isn't funnel. You have to post the one without the text explaining the joke away.

>IQ
>estimated from average GRE scores

LOL

Literally OCPD

jesus christ

can someone please explain this to me?

it doesn't even work

It loops through all even numbers to find a match to the input (which would mean it's even). There are multiple simpler ways to do it.

Oh, and on top of that, it doesn't even work because two of the lines are switched.

t. dumbass

>/b

>unironically implying that literally nobody right-of-center can differentiate or integrate
what a joke

Veeky Forums is a joke now

Veeky Forums is fucking KILL

might as well rename it /tumblr/

what's funny about it?

>WHAZ IZ JUKE?!
>I NO UNDTSNS!
It is a YLYL thread you fucking mongo.
>t. autistic fuckhead

>using the t meme invented by /gsg/

I'm the third user in the cap. What's funny about it ?

And what? What're you going to do about it?

It's just funny that it's a ridiculously poor solution to a really simple problem.

obviously i'm going to greentext aggressively at you until you get bored and leave, you memer faggot

Oh no! Please don't!

>Breaking out the /pol/ memes.

oh lol. that's pretty funny.

>I'm the third user in the cap. What's funny about it ?
That's the Goldbach conjecture in the first post.
The poster is jokingly implying it can be solved by induction and used as a captcha.
How come nobody gets it?

Didn't know about the Goldbach conjecture
Also he didn't state the sum should involve only two numbers.
I just assumed he was being silly in the proof by induction part was some more retardation, because it just didn't make any sense.

it's also the meme(fact) that people who learn programming only through school(hence the picture of the guy with the degree in his hand) learn bad programming and will not be able to write good code

spotted the poltard

>Also he didn't state the sum should involve only two numbers.
I didn't notice that.

spotted the jew-brainwashed, UCLA-permacucked, rainbow hair gender-psionic, idiot underage millennial kike cuck, /utg/ junta shill, suck big black islamic nigger dick, cuck, degenerate, derelict, cucked in the mouth, cucked in the ass, cucked in the brain, cucked in the genes, raceless mulatto, franco-alaskan nazi thug goon, australian tranny mutant kike, lying degenerate chinese slut whore, fat bald magyar-turk propagandist, finno-mongolian furfag gay anal guinea homo, shill, troll, very rude and disrespectful person. go back to /utg/.

None of you guys are being funny. If you feel the need to insult someone just go on /pol, you'll have plenty of reasons to do so.

go back to /utg/

spotted the SJWtard

damn, i can't believe how jealous Veeky Forums is of /pol/ about not being the best board on Veeky Forums

>aluminum
>not aluminium

Mega brainlet

I thought there was a joke in there.
Like that the right doesn't know how to integrate.
Get it. Integrate?

Then maybe the left doesn't know how to differentiate? idk I got nothing.

can someone explain?

retarded graph

Fucking this.

>philosophy is logic
>for some reason, philosophers still fail to agree on anything

If it's logic, you should be able to know wether something is true and you should be able to prove stuff and reach some kind of consensus.

I do like philosophy, but you shouldn't call it logic.

Lost hard

Not him, but there is a difference between agreeing on conclusions and agreeing on whether or not the conclusions are consistent with the premises and arguments.

Why does this keep getting reposted? Engineering is one of the least pure fields there is, field purity doesn't mean "how good it is" or "how much money you'll make."

thats the joke autist

That doesn't make any sense as a joke. It's a misunderstanding not a joke.

A U T I S T A L E R T

seriously tho take ur meds kiddo

stop being a cuck t. me

for real L MA O

yeah this kid is hella autsismal L O L honestly

jesus youre atustic

>Engineering is one of the least pure fields there is

thats not true. engineers prove hypothesis and conjectures in the most incontrovertible way. they build it. instrumentalism is science's ultimate vindicator and engineer's are the arbiter.

buttmad autist samefag

>they build it
>instrumentalism

That's the complete opposite of field purity. Field purity is how abstract the discipline is. Again, you're conflating field purity with quality. Field purity doesn't mean the field is great. It means it's less involved in implementation details and more of an abstract thing in itself. Mathematics is extremely pure because it abstracts away all real world specific details. Engineering is extremely impure because it deals extensively with real world specific details.

Since this isn't a serious thread, I'll ask this here:
What's a brainlet? Explain that meme to me.
I'm worried that I am one. That or I'm just a fuckup. What's the different between a brainlet and a fuckup?

Fuckup implies you did something wrong. Brainlet just means you don't have much capacity for intelligent thought. You can be a brainlet and not fuck things up as long as you stay within an environment suited to your capabilities, like McDonalds.

>Field purity is how abstract the discipline is

i disagree. i would define purity as a field being as self contained as possible, with no outside input from other fields necessary for advancement.

engineering is pure in the sense that it deals only with the real world and actually requires no formalism or rigor in order to perpetuate its advances.

>i disagree.

You don't get a choice. It's not a mystery, the meaning of the original comic is very clear. I'm going to quote the explain xkcd article for it here.

explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/435:_Purity

>Now, mathematics has the classifications Pure mathematics (the maths you learned in school, and the subject of the field of maths,) and Applied mathematics (physics, chem, and so on.) Taking this to its logical extreme, the comic arranges the six scientific fields according to the Hierarchy of science, represented by a person on a chart of purity, saying that a field is 'more pure', than the fields depending on it.

Pure maths vs. applied maths is an important distinction for understanding what "field purity" means. You would NEVER call accounting pure maths. Accounting deals with actual instances of money in the real world. Pure maths deal with ABSTRACT objects like functions. There is no real world exponential function you can pick up and examine. It's the abstraction of a concept away from the real world instances that participate in it.

Engineering is all about application. You are completely misunderstanding the meaning of "field purity" by trying to see the discipline of practical, real world application as somehow MORE pure than other disciplines.

The hypotenuse will always be shorter

>t. genius

>calculates efficiency to save 1 or 2 seconds
>probably wastes 10x that amount on video games or facebook

this disappointed me too. Also clearly if the travel speed is the same you should travel in a straight line.

Or you could reason that a straight line to your objective (assuming equal terrain on each path) will always be quickest.

The real issue with brainlets is that they math when its a waste of time.

You gotta save up time to properly spend time. It's not a waste if you enjoy it.