P
E
I

yup

pic related

are you even a millenial bro?

MY

DIARRHEA

not really because millennials are a creatively and culturally bankrupt generation

good novels will come out again once Generation Z comes to prominence

you have to be over the age of 18 to use this website.

Purity by Franzen is good, not great but good.

>fiction novel

What makes you think Gen Z will be less creatively/culturally bankrupt?

hope

Brief History of Seven Killings
The four Neapolitan Novels
On the Edge
The Dream of the Celt
The Pale King
Zero-K
The Narrow Road to the Deep North
The Buried Giant
The Fishermen
The Sellout

Controversial:
A Little Life
Franzen Garbage
The Vegetarian

TL;DR just because you dont read current book reviews doesnt mean they are empty

>The Narrow Road to the Deep North
really? what did you like about it?

>The Sellout
>The Pale King
opinion disregarded

>no Against the Day

Explain?

>this decade
>Against the Day
pls

>

>Generation Z
>Has more culture than Millennials

The extensive use of Apple products and internet since birth is not a form of high culture.

They are all going to die from some plague after not going outside and playing in the mud as children.

If user said "since 2000" there would be too many to even type out. The "contemporary literature is shit" meme is unfortunate because it coincides with the recent demographic thread. So many people here are lit/humanities undergrads that are forced into rigid criticism and analysis by dusty old boomers that they are not able to explore and integrate their own tastes.

Also, we are ignoring the fact that many works are not appreciated in their own time. Somewhere out there is the great work of the century, but we wont hear its acclaim until 2060.

Do Not Say We Have Nothing
Captivity
The Sympathizer
Laurus
The Sellout
A Little Life

Just because you have your head up your ass and Veeky Forums is an echo-chamber doesnt mean there isn't good shit out there. Try actually paying attention to the world you faggot.

You forgot Taipei.

I never read it Tao

A Little Life is a monstrous work, I didnt even like reading it. I do admire the authors ability to fuck with the reader, she masterfully drew you into Jude's likeable aspects and then tortured you with his dark side.

That said, I did not enjoy reading it, I just couldnt stop. Accident on the side of the road and all that.

ATD's 10-year anniversary is Monday. Mark your calendar.

Pale King is goat

i'm sorry to say, user, but in my experience only autistic people understand decade in the same way as you do.

This desu

>I'm sorry to say

No you aren't. Also, fuck off.

You need to read it, it's really good.

no