What do you wish you knew before starting your undergrad degree that would have really helped?

What do you wish you knew before starting your undergrad degree that would have really helped?

all of math and physics.

more math and physics. so many of my peers got fucked in the ass by calculus and engineering physics so they dropped STEM within like two quarters, lol.

>What do you wish you knew before starting your undergrad degree that would have really helped?
the worthlessness of outdated 21st century university education

LMAO THIS

SELF-STUDY IS THE FUTURE CUCCKKKKKS

>tfw was paid to go
lol pretty good job tbqhwy

do you value your time that little?

>Fundamentals of Chemistry
HS teacher skipped like 80% of them behind our backs
>Wait until second semester of Freshman year to do Bio 111
Second semester is when the teacher changed to one with a lot less course work requirement
>I have hip displasia that causes a shit ton of back issues
>I'm Bi-polar, not ADHD
DESU it's those two things that fucked me the most for nearly 2.5 years.

trying to slam 16+ credits a semester so i can finish on some arbitrary time frame is/was foolish.

my grades suffered, and as a result i didn't get into the grad school i wanted. if i had just taken that extra semester or so, i would be sitting pretty on a fat stipend at Purdue.

>he doesn't realise time = money

AHAHAHHAHAHA

>if i had just wasted more time in academia i could have gotten to do more work in academia

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you legally can't be a doctor/lawyer/engineer without a degree

Those are fine, you should have to go to University for those, but all other degrees are worthless!!!! Worthless in the face of self-study!!!

i actually agree. most of the guys i see in engineering who have no inclination to get their license could have just pirated Solidworks and had a job in 6 months after doing all the tutorials.

Travel is infinitely more educational than institutionalized education

neat

I wish I knew that a science degree from a school that isn't a top 10 or so was worthless, so I would've done CS with physics instead of math with physics.

You know damn well you have to get at least a master's degree in math in order for the degree to have value, so actually do your calculus and linear algebra assignments to boost your GPA cuz it's spooky as fuck wondering if you will get accepted to grad school with a ~3.0 gpa because you cockily brushed off the responsibilities of your first year courses because you knew them already.

Don't minor in math, just fucking major in it. If you don't want that, just become a damn accountant.

I don't know if I have enough math to do what I want, and if that path wasn't open to me, I should have just done accounting. I'd be bored, but I'd probably have a good job by now.

>You know damn well you have to get at least a master's degree in math in order for the degree to have value,

MY GOTT, PURE IDEOLOGY!

Community college would've saved me about 26k and about 2 years of my life

Veeky Forums is a fucking cesspool of miserable people that feel threatened by others' success. You are better off doing further reading in your field of interest rather than wasting valuable thoughts on this site.

real talk though

Truth my man, though I've broken the rule that you're here forever. I probably browse this site once or twice a week now, instead of every day like before.

thinking math or physics is sexy != doing well in/enjoying math and physics

I should have been an Electrical Engineer and not goddamn Matsci

Nobody can just half ass a stem degree and get a 3.5+ require hardworking and a threshold of base talent.

>doing something specific in your fucking undergrad

which field of study gets to go to space?

Studying doesn't give your brain the capacity to worry about not studying. It's so much easier to just do it.

The real value of AP scores, I knew they "counted" but not that they counted for more at higher scores. I was "that kid" who thought he was too smart for HW and was fine skirting by on 3s

I later learned that a 5 on AP bio is literally 4 or 5 classes at my school, even if you aren't even minoring in bio thats thousands of $ and a semester off of your time.