in the morning your breath was sour and i felt angry at you

i imagined the sound of your voice, in the future
when you hate me more than you ever have

then i felt the comforting abrupt movements
of your hand pushing against my face

i was reminded of a hospital waiting room
ten years ago
when i still had asthma attacks

Does anyone here do that? it doesn't sound completely stupid, just a little.

takes me to the place, but boring and irrational.

if she did, she'd be considered one of the best and people would say she died in her prime

I don't think I've ever deleted an entire sentence because I can't convey a point. I could rephrase it entirely or merge it with another, obviously, but to be incapable of elucidating a thought given infinite time is foreign to me. Whether it's completely stupid or not, she is.

I don't get the hate for Mira. She's a progressive, daring, vibrant new voice from an oppressed community. I guess it's just jealousy!

Lmao

ill deletw it off of wikipedia youll see

god she aged poorly, that pic seems like 20 years ago compared to her recent ones

Truly the voice of a generation.

Poetry really seems like an art that's been degraded to the point where there is practically no barrier to entry.

Voice of a generation indeed.

why would anyone expose the fact that they hold such strong resentment to the world? its embarassing

U mad whiteboi? Yeah, u mad.

>why would anyone expose the fact that they hold such strong resentment and racist hatred of white people?

FTFY. And the answer is, it is socially acceptable to be a racist, as long as it's against white people.

>being alt-right

Ok bro. Meanwhile trans and POC are dying in the frigging streets.

This, and its an artform that isn't even read by its own "fans"

Its clear why she hates David Foster Wallace so much for this reason, whatever else you can say about Infinite Jest it took an astounding amount of effort and dedication. Confidence that what you're writing will actually be read by someone.

Poetry doesn't require this sacrifice and risk, you can always just dodge away from criticize and expectations of scale and quality

Cute b8

Progressivism is a disease.

So is white privilege. When is the last time a white male contributed something worthwhile to this planet? Exactly.

When I contributed my semen to your mom's vagina hahaha!

her twitter descr. is
>one time i was nominated for an award but i lost to the dead guy who wrote lord of the rings

3/10 bait.

I almost considered writing a real response.

I just feel sorry for her, her entire life is dedicated to salt mining. Her every thought is through the filter of white men when we think almost nothing of her entire demographic

>>one time i was nominated for an award but i lost to the dead guy who wrote lord of the rings
wew my lad

>key to literary success is writing books that are too long & complex for anyone besides the author to understand, also being a white guy

>WHY DON'T YOU BUY MY SHITTY TEEN POETRY YOU FUCKING MISOGYNIST PIGS

>my daddy's a rich musician so I can afford to tweet, write poems and smoke weed for a living

While I have to work my ass off at a shit inner-city school, do a degree I don't really enjoy because I need to study something that will get me a job to survive, and then fill my free time with working shitty jobs to make enough money to drink and buy books

>Mira tells me I should be in prison and that I am of no value

And they wonder why angsty white boys shoot up schools?

Why dont you tweet her that if you are so cool?

>white men go on killing sprees because not literally every woman has it worse than them
I'm not a Mira fan but you're not making a good case for yourself.

>that reading comprehension
Are you by chance a woman?

>muh reading comprehension

yea but you're a WHITE MALE

how does that make you feel. I tell you how I feel. Threatened

don't use twitter because I think it devalues communication
mira's school of postmodern liberals promote the generalisation that white men simply do not have meaningful problems, when shit-tons of them live in poverty, commit suicide or express themselves in explosions of impotent, Nietzschean violence. I'm being hyperbolic for the sake of being polemical but yes, when a rich person tells you that you're actually better off than them and that you deserve to be regarded with contempt and disgust, or even punished for being born a certain way, it does tend to grate a little bit.

Holy fuck why is it that so many people in my generation, millennials, think that we have all the best ideas, that everything we do is much better than what came before, and that the thinkers, art, ideas and events of the past can tell us absolutely nothing?

>inb4 get off my lawn
>inb4 kids these days
>inb4 Socrates quote

Itt: white people learn that they're part of a group for the first time and cry about it

>part of a group
what kind of group? yeah cause Trump, Trotsky and I are all the same and all have the same interests and goals

Do you have multiple personality disorder?

>anymore books

The white race you moron. Like Christians are all Christian, women are women, blacks are black, poor people are poor, etc. You're part of a group and because of that you can be stereotyped. Whining about how it isn't fair or that the group is muh social construct won't make it any less true. Grow up and move on. You aren't as much of a special snowflake as your parents told you.

For the same reasons, the working class, or indeed any class, doesn't exist!

I never delete sentences. I just remove them from whatever piece I'm working on and cannibalize it for later use. Waste not, lads.

Which Socrates quote?

But listen, what if
we took that social construct called
white male
and, instead
used it to exclude ourselves from every one else
and morally justify only helping ourselves

>The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Plato attributed this quote to Socrates.

Many have tried it and (((you know who))) always shut it down

i'm friends with mira irl (&online)

u guys are so dumb

like, i can't imagine what kind of people would spend their time denigrating a female / poc / survivor

it's almost funny

almost

cute b8 but too obvious

I wish she wasnt so dumb
She is qt

I thought this was you making this up imitating her style, I was gonna say you did a better job than her, but than I googled and saw she wrote them, and considered it isnt thaat bad, at all, et al

>The white race you moron. Like Christians are all Christian, women are women, blacks are black, poor people are poor, etc. You're part of a group and because of that you can be stereotyped.

But I am a poor white male Christian that identifies as a rich black female Satanist

Yes it is. It's just a blog post organized to appear like a poem. Plenty of working class girls in rural Nebraska write shit like this, but they don't have connections and severe narcissism

wtf i love mira gonzales now

>>Mira tells me I should be in prison and that I am of no value
She's not wrong though, just right for the wrong reason.

You joke, but I've never change my work beyond a word here and there. The idea of changing the first draft more than this is crazy to me