Share life lessons

Share life lessons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TLIppgE45wM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Never, ever fall in love with a lady of the night.

You cannot refute nihilism, so just learn to live with it

If you actually wrote instead of shitposting on Veeky Forums, you'd probably be published by now.

Don't break up with a girl who has the key to your chastity belt.

you don't really want to die

A mxi of politeness, eloquence, rhetorics and good debating skill get you really far. People were always baffled at the crap I was able to negotiate for myself

you're not gay it was just the mushrooms

Most friendships are temporary, ESPECIALLY the one you have with your girlfriend.

Something does not have value because it does to you, or because you want it to. I've seen tens of men whove had women say they will love eachother forever, and of course it doesnt work out.

Understand that there is nothing divine about you, your tastes or life experiences. Everything you have learned and know can become worthless insantly.

The problem is you, it's always you.

Really far into the 99%.

?

Is me never being a qt trap an outcome of my decisions?

I just wish I could think of a plot
Any tips?

The protagonist goes somewhere. Some stuff happens. Return home (or doesn't make it home, if you like to subvert convention).

Write about being black and publish with the pseudonym "Tyrone Jamal".

Write something you'd like to read but add in a little something that'll help sell to the minority crowd or the LGBT crowd
It's cruise control for getting published

Look at university like a four-year gym membership to a real gym hidden within a much larger fake gym, and the much larger fake gym's purpose is to entice and trick you into thinking that you've found the real gym and that you're actually getting fit, but really all you're doing is Crossfit bullshit in some wing of the fake gym with a bunch of retards, so that when you emerge after 4 years you aren't even sure you really did anything

University is like a fucking gauntlet designed to do everything it can to make you jerk off for its entire duration and learn nothing, while plastering #1 NIETZSCHE LEARNER GUY stickers to your stupid face because you took a class that summarized 37 pages of Nietzsche you half-read right before class

Look at it more like a four-year library membership, and as a responsibility to go from being a dipshit teenager to a precocious junior scholar (whether you want to go to grad school afterward or not), treat it like a hard-ass day job with long hours, look at your classes as distractions, at worst and conveniently lined up with shit you already intend to read at best, and you will avoid the trap that gets almost ALL undergraduates, even the smart people

It's not like 50/50. Every fucking person at university is wasting it. All the star students are stars at fake gym nothing nonsense bullshit. Don't be fooled. Go look up how people used to study before university was turned into a daycare, go find some 70 year old guy who did his PhD in Yugoslavia before rocks were invented and realize he did a 200-page BA thesis in 3 years while you take 5 fucking years to find your own dick and figure out how to use JSTOR

>I've seen tens of men
I really want to believe that isn't a typo and you were just being specific.

Where's my time machine? ;_;

You supposed to invent it you STEMcuck

To be okay with being alone means you've been surrounded by people who love you, even if they aren't always there for you.

or you're a beast or a god

t. some greek guy

The sad thing is i know your right but i don't really give a shit. I educate myself on my own time, i'm just going to school for a piece of paper that will make me more marketable. I know its bullshit, but that paper is the difference between staying at my shitty manual labor job and decently paid work.

youtu.be/TLIppgE45wM

you are a teenager

The only thing you can control in your life is how to react to everything being thrown at you. Choose wisely.

yeah ok pal

good luck at reacting at a grenade being thrown at you

>he doesn't understand what he meant
bedtime yet kiddo?

I'm pretty sure he was shitposting, user.

not yet old man

>he thinks there's other types of posting on Veeky Forums
bedtime yet kiddo?

underrated

"The Germans are really strange people. With their profound thoughts and ideas, which they seek everywhere and project into everything, they make life harder for themselves than they should. Oh, that at long last you had the courage for once to yield yourselves to your impressions, to let yourselves be delighted, let yourself be moved, let yourself be elevated, yes, to let yourselves be taught and inspired and encouraged for something great; only do not always think that everything is vain if it is not some abstract thought or idea!"

Never argue with retired people on public transport.
They will overwhelm you with their numbers

1. Having a clean buttcrack will change your life. Buy a showerhead and spray your crack every day after your morning shit, and swampass will be a thing of the past.

2. Women are visual creatures and have harsher physical standards than men. They will lie about this shit, but it's true. Look good or feel bad. Your choice.

3. You're not a genius. You're going to have to work hard like everyone else.

4. Drugs are for emergencies, not casual usage. Put down the 'Tuss. It won't make you a better writer.

5. Reading is only a step or two above television and video games.

6. Gene Wolfe is not a meme.

Scizo homeless man tries to find his long lost brother. Meets intersting people along the way. Surrealist plot. ez.

>1. Having a clean buttcrack will change your life. Buy a showerhead and spray your crack every day after your morning shit, and swampass will be a thing of the past.
I do this, but more so because I sweat a lot form my ass before I poop

Do not get into fights or arguments. Never let yourself get hit in the face. Do not hit anyone in the face. A bent or broken nose is a horrifying thing to live with every day. You can't fix your nose by hand. You need to have an expensive operation that might not work. In the meantime you could have a blocked nostril permanently so you can forget about doing something athletic and you can start frequently yawning to get more oxygen.

Not everyone wants to be a scholar.

Cars slide out of control and into curbs even at slow speeds when you try to brake and there is snow, ice, or slush.

If a cop catches you doing something do not keep doing it. Stopping immediately admits you are guilty but if you continue to do what you were doing then they must pull you over. I've never met a cop who bent the rules. They are always very dutiful and they will treat minor crimes harshly and they will treat suspicious behavior or nearly criminal behavior harshly too. Don't converse with or argue with a cop. They only want you to comply. Talking will not convince them. Also, for some reason cops always want you to pull over on the edge of the road right next to you even if there is no edge of the road and you block an entire lane of a highway. They consider moving down the road for a better spot running away.

When I first got tinnitus I thought it was a rare occurrence. Ears are actually very fragile and my advice is keep the volume a little lower, get a quiet computer, and the moment something in your life seems to be hurting your ears just stop using it. Don't put up with it until you get a replacement. Once your ears become damaged enough they will be extra vulnerable and you will need an even quieter life with ear protection at the ready. Specifically avoid buying an ASUS chromebox since it has a deceptively dangerous fan.

Be really careful about what you say in a funeral speech since you are talking about someone all those people care about and you probably won't see many of them again.

Don't move to rural areas. Don't let yourself get moved to rural areas.

>drugs are for emergencies, not casual usage
What a fucking pussy. I didnt need to be in an emergency to want to casually do molly and have a bitch suck my nuts. Nor stay up two days straight doing lines of coke and writing furiously.
>Dare not to drugs. Dare to be a straight edge. Dare to live a boring life.

>Don't move to rural areas. Don't let yourself get moved to rural areas.

Elaborate, pls

>Nor stay up two days straight doing lines of coke and writing furiously.

How Veeky Forums

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife, so from my personal point of view get an ugly woman to marry you.

I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters,[a] by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual[b] worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world,[c] but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.[d]

3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 4 For as in one body we have many members, and not all the members have the same function, 5 so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another. 6 We have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us: prophecy, in proportion to faith; 7 ministry, in ministering; the teacher, in teaching; 8 the exhorter, in exhortation; the giver, in generosity; the leader, in diligence; the compassionate, in cheerfulness.

9 Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; 10 love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord.[e] 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. 13 Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly;[f] do not claim to be wiser than you are. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18 If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God;[g] for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 No, “if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

I think location has an profound effect on a person's life. I also think cities are more civilized and the labor is more divided because of the larger population. Also Main Street by Sinclair Lewis sort of explains how rural areas are nihilistic.

You can spend YEARS with a woman. Years of good times and love. And in about a day she can forget about all of that and hate your guts and want you dead.

Women can seriously flip like a script.

Must be something to do with biology.

College is a fucking joke. It's just one...giant...expensive...formality.

Don't go to college if you're not getting a degree in engineering or CS.

women can think of their previous lovers before the fucking, during the fucking and after.

basing your happiness on a woman is retarded, this is what men never ever see

What's your point?

Don't worry so much about your looks.

Just find someone that's as ugly as you are. You don't need a supermodel to make you happy. You just need someone.

cities are for hedonist and people who can bear solitude
countryside is for people who love solitude and have the money to live alone

>tinnitus
It never gets better does it? The ringing started when I was 14, and some nights I can't even fall asleep properly because of it.

Fuck, I know that I've heard that song before.

Who was the artist?

Baz Luhrmann

nickleback

Why?

dont do drugs

The long term benefits of marrying an ugly woman have been proved by scientists
Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable
Than my own meandering experience, I will dispense this advice now

Wield your katana on your left side, not right. It makes it easier to unsheathe if you reach across with your right arm.

What is yours like?

what is her endgame

It's a low pitch and everything echoes. I am able to hear silent, whisper-like sounds across a big room -- and sometimes, the ear 'pops' and the ringing increases, gets stronger. Being somewhere loud and my thoughts get lost in the sound.
Sleeping is a chore, it's enough to lay on a side, to cover the ear and then it's absolutley devastating how hard it rings and echoes.

also, the weather is very important to avoid being miserable

I will keep you in my thoughts. How did you get tinnitus originally?

>Adhering to the 3 acts meme

1) Sign up to a proper 6-12 week fitness programme with a personal trainer, and follow it to the letter (including diet plan/etc). I say this because 99% of the time, even when people watch shitty Youtube videos/etc, they don't know what they're doing and then give up. Thereafter, attend the gym regularly throughout the rest of your life. Not only will this help with girls in general, but also your daily life. Hard to underestimate the benefits of strength/stamina/etc.

2) Following on from #1, become a teetotaller for 99% of your life. Make exceptions for special events when it comes to alcohol. Only drink caffeinated coffee when you really have to - go for decaffeinated otherwise. Etc.

3) Set yourself limits. Most people try to read too much/do too much/etc, and then end up accomplishing nothing.

4) Force yourself to become politically apathetic at all costs. Avoid any debates about religion or philosophy, even among close friends - they will end up being a net loss, to the atmosphere if nothing else.

5) Pursue philosophy at any cost, but do so independently. Be an autodidact.

6) Embody the 4 cardinal virtues throughout your life: Honesty, with yourself and with whatever is a friend to you; courageous toward the enemy; generous toward the vanquished; polite always.

7) You can never be too accommodating when it comes to the people you encounter in daily life. Life becomes a lot more bearable when you forgive people their stupidity and plebeian nature.

8) Travel, but don't be arrogant about it. Genuinely try to learn from it. I wish there was a specific word for the sense of arrogance and pseudo-culture people have when they've just returned from some exotic destination. Don't be one of those people.

All I can think of for now.

Thank you.
I don't remember. One day I woke up and realized that something rings.

>I wish there was a specific word for the sense of arrogance and pseudo-culture people have when they've just returned from some exotic destination.

Shit you read my mind, bro.

trying doing vipassana meditation

>so many spooks

Knowing what duty and conscience require, and not acting upon them, must necessarily render a man unhappy, both with himself and with the universe. He would not be more unhappy after doing his duty than after avoiding it. Indecision is dissolution, weakness and misery. In the face of such internal conflict one has two choices: To bend his personality to his conscience, or to bend his conscience to his personality. The conscience is veritas, the spark of the divine in man, and personality a mere subjective phantom. To bend the personality is simply the shifting of shadows, while to bend the conscience is to destroy the real. Some men, in order to resolve the conflict, choose to shape the conscience according to the personality; the good and true become corrupted and destroyed for the sake of empty shadows. Others shape the personality to the conscience; the good and true are affirmed and consecrated, and the shadows are dispersed. The former are broken abominations, and the latter true to their nature.

To clarify myself:

Personality represents favour of one subjective preference over another. Conscience represents the the preference of true over false, and good over bad.

Even if she is not fucking someone else you will still be a virtual cuck.

>he did a 200-page BA thesis in 3 years while you take 5 fucking years to find your own dick and figure out how to use JSTOR

fug hhaha

>implying geniuses dont work hard

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

Do whatever you want, really
Except drugs, being dumber will not make you happier

Just go with the flow

Don't listen to absolutely anybody here except me.

“You can only live in the world you ken. The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.”

Advice is selfish and shallow and doesn't pay. No one has the right answers so just piss on the fence yourself.

It can get better. Doesn't mean it will. Doesn't mean it won't.

You're entitled to NOTHING. Human rights are a meme.

You are obligated to do NOTHING. Being a functional member of society, doing the 'right' thing, pursuing religious salvation; these are all phantoms of the mind.

animu was a mistake

sounds positively thrilling

>Avoid any debates about religion or philosophy, even among close friends - they will end up being a net loss, to the atmosphere if nothing else.

Sounds like you have pretty shitty friends if such conversations end up like that.

Men do the same. I do. This is not gender thing.

Learn Latin
Learn Ancient Greek
Use quotations from the works of antiquity in your daily speech

loser who want's to sound smart.

and yet you say nothing.

begone pleb, point is not to be smart but to be patrician

-Don't avoid what makes you less sad anxious or angry, pursue what makes you feel genuinely happy.
-Be ready for anything. Learn as much practical things as you can; personal defense, electricity, plumbering, etc.
Keep your body and mind sharp. Don't allow to be taken by surprise.
-If you have chances to live a new experience, take them.
-Smalltalk is good. Try to talk to as many people as you can, store clerks, taxi drivers, etc. You may not like it, but if you see it from a practical point of view, appealing to people's good side and surrounding yourself with people thay found you likeable is extremely useful. Charity ("This round's on me", "I'll pay the cab", you get the drill) can be very effcient to achieve confidence from others. You never know when you'll need help from others. Plus, reputation from being a good natured or charismatic guys can be useful too.
-Express yourself by writing or painting. Hidden emotions can come out unexpected one day, and you won't like it when that happens. I keep my texts cryptical so I can talk about whatever I want without feeling shame or exposing dark secrets to others.
-Stand up for what you think is right. Don't let you or people you love being pushed around, nor you have to follow every order blindly.
-Attempt to generate a constant crisis in your way of thinking. Always find flaws, logical fallacies, hidden meanings or things that make no sense in your philosophy. Don't take anything for granted, research and reason with yourself or others.
-Happiness is personal and subjective. You must achieve it by yourself, no one can help you, sadly.
-Deattach yourself from other people and material things. Sure, having cool things and loving your family is good, but clinging to them as if they are the only thing that exist is unhealthy. You'll have to cope with their loss.

You sound like a sociopath

>I've never met a cop who bent the rules
this is how i know your white

This is how I know you dindu nuffin

forgive yourself, do favors for yourself
get into the habit of being successful
read books constantly and work out frequently

Never date a man with a waifu. You will always be garbage to him, he will always put you in second place.

Rare high quality frogpost

Bless your heart