Can you prove that reading is not degenerate?

can you prove that reading is not degenerate?

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>muh degeneracy XD

nice spook

>purpose

>/pol/ being insufferable
Come back with something new.

Hey /pol/ly fag-an I'm black and I'm pagan I'm gay and I'm left and I'm free

I’m a non-fundamentalist environmentalist,
Please don’t bother me.

Dumb utilitarian

Respect, man.
Mad respect.

>aimlessly read Veeky Forumserature for a year
>find niche I'm passionate about
>found "muh purpose"

how dumb are these people?

Suppose I submit to utilitarian dialectic and ignore the hypocrisy of shitposting on a [culture] [activity] board about politics of all things WHILE criticizing purposeless activities. Let's play the game and assign political involvement a high utility. Why the fuck not, utility is arbitrary.

What better way to disseminate knowledge to empower myself in the political process than reading? News media is composed entirely of superficial soundbytes and ideology, the only way to even encounter a fully elucidated idea in the political realm is from reading and evaluating the material for myself in it's entirety. Parroting simplistic opinions from both the mainstream and alternative media is political white noise. Regardless of the candidate the ill-advised backs, regardless of how much or little they shill, they fail to see the nuances of political decisions, and their lifetime utility towards the political system will be roughly zero.

Reading history, philosophy, and the relevant discourse will guarantee you have a better informed opinion and will be more influential in your shilling. In a lifetime, you won't pick the most utile candidate every time, but in probabilistic terms you can guarantee your net contribution will be positive sum.

tl;dr: sure, genre fiction is a waste of time. The rest of Veeky Forums isn't. What's new?

not to agree with /pol/ but most of you guys are fags

don't listen to anything yanks say ever

yes reading is gay, I learned this by reading Mishima

no u

There's no such thing as "degenerate" or "non-degenerate".

This guy actually thinks his time spent shitposting on /pol/ is more productive than reading becaus he thinks he "meme'd a president" into the white house, as though Trump didn't take office because of disaffected white voters. Pretty delusional desu.

>I know how to trigger /pol/, I'll say I'm black!

The person in the attached image is a cuckold who has no concern for themselves and who thinks that everyone should wholly be concerned with the problems of society, and so they probably go through life thinking they have the "upper hand" on everyone else. I can imagine this fat cunt walking around in a grocery store, gawking at everyone. "Heh, look at all these faggots, buying food to eat, I bet they don't know that what they're doing isn't important.."

These kinds of people usually internalize these thoughts and are too emotionally pathetic to bring them up, but every once in a while, you get to see them sperg out on an anonymous forum like this.

>Why should I work out when it doesn't benefit society!!
>Why should I eat right when it doesn't benefit society!!
>Why should I get friends when it doesn't benefit society!!

And so on. This is similar to the kinds of people who smoke pot in highschool and start to feel really proud of themselves for being detached from reality

>he believes trump got elected because he and some other turboautists posted some frog pictures

>I thought this picture of an overweight man was funny or clever so I saved it onto my computer and then shared it with Veeky Forums along with a piquant little greentext to show how I think how that guy thinks!

To bring back perhaps the greatest meme, that post is very much srs bsns

Pretty good but you should have ended it with don't tread on me

He is not wrong, but not right either.

/pol/, not even once

>succeeded in riling /pol/ retard

We (/pol/) actually meme'd God-Emperor Trump into office through the use of meme magic divine upon us by Lord KEK!

PRAISE LORD KEK!! meme magic is real! Lord Kek wills it!!

>as though Trump didn't take office because of disaffected white voters
But that's not the reason he took office. Nice article here: slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/ - if you don't want to read all of it, just the first few paragraphs are enough to make that clear.

This; reminder to always report /pol/io posts.

Even some genre fiction is useful. Much of scifi simply illustrates complex philosophical themes.

let's face it lads it was shitposting and kek that made brexit and trump possible
we are unstoppable if kek wills it we will meme any ANY candidate into presidency

/pol/ is strong and you the weak should fear us

Can you meme the American right into giving a shit about art?

Bruh, just because you got a few sneering write-ups about your frog memes on Huffpo doesn't mean you had anything to do with the election result. This whole "we memed him into office, guys" nonsense is just your way of feeling less alienated from the fruits of your labor. You did the "work" of memeing for your candidate, and he happened to win. But that doesn't mean you had any effect whatsoever. You're like a franchise manager who thinks that he can take the credit for the corporation's success. But really, your work was replaceable, you will not see any rewards or acknowledgement for it, and you only feel the illusion of power because you only bother to talk to other deluded managers in an insular community.

He's satirizing the frogmen, lad.

degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate degenerate

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP
I DONT WANT TO HEAR THIS SHITTY BUZZWORD EVER AGAIN
ITS LOST ALL MEANING YEARS AGO

The best term might be "not even wrong".

If it isn't anime it's degenerate

Back in my day memes were purely for the luls. Fucking degenerates.

Degeneracy is a dumb meme invented by insecure betas so they can feel superior to everybody without actually doing anything to better themselves

It worked, didn't it?

that'd be incredible