HEY! didn't you hear? lit is attempting to making a journal!

HEY! didn't you hear? lit is attempting to making a journal!
anyone can join in and submit work!
we can say we are published !

a project for us and by us! that will be released for free for all to enjoy!

resources from last thread
litquarterly.com/
mega.nz/#F!ZhRkSYDJ!znjtIBp0RaiVozOAW30B4A
discord.gg/RVzq4zg

post work in this thread or send to

[email protected]
and
[email protected]

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S8728979
litquarterly.com/goliath-cums/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you accept redpilled works?

I have some writings on women and blacks that could conceivable put your journal in danger of being shut down by the liberal establishment

what kinda art does this journal want

I was that guy who posted the dog and I've realized not much of my stuff is Veeky Forums

we are taking anything

just make sure its something you are proud of or enjoy or find funny

it also has to be spell checked and well formatted and stuff.. basic stuff

proofread the stuff before you submit it!

this is a project for fun!

the dog is exactly what we want

this is free style jazz

anything you feel you like/are proud of submit!

also take a look at the mega and read some of other user's stuff

we need reviews &material and we can put your shitpost IN THE BOOK! so you dont have to come up with a whole original work to get in the book!!

just make sure you follow this naming convention:

user's(or w/e name you pick) review of WORK NAME

save as a file and send it in for easy organizing

that's right were printing shitposts now

feel free to join in and help! we need all the help we can get so this doesn't broquest
thats fucking sweet

ass

>we can say we are published !
This is embarrassing.

Shitposting on Veeky Forums is generally embarrassing to begin with. That's why we don't advertise it.

Fuck off, /r9k faggot, we want something at least semi literary

Wasn't there a literary journal who used to get submissions from lit? I remember their first issue being called Genesis or something like that. Anyone remember?

Ideology was the fourth attempt at a lit zine and lasted all of two issues. The website is still up.

Dope shit.
Pops here (Flanagan's.docx submission) with some pop art if y'all are interested

this is for fun guys don't be so uptight

lets just riff off each other

and have fun!

if you made something and enjoyed it submit it!

just remember something about brevity

we don't gotta prove anything just have fun

i really want to acutally see this through.

rad!

is this you crowdsourcing for your intro to graphic design final

Serious question: Why the 5 times print? Couldnt it possibly look better with it just once? More professional, less .... something

I just feel I have seen that style dont before (the title/name multiple print) and it did not represent professional, quality, value

I guess I just dont get it, whats the point? I just imagine any potential person or every potential person that could possibly come across the cover of the journal, and a decent amount of them being: why 5 times... I dont get it, this is weird, is this some teen tumblr alt pop thing? Graphic design is my passion

i didn't make that cover made by user under name plkng

nah just shitposting turned semi serious

i figure i already made some covers

i get some other anons to chip in

and we all have a cool thing

the sum of the whole is greater than the parts!

>made by user under name plkng
hey thats me!

To answer 's question,
i agree that most brands that try to use the sort of overlapping/repeating text thing are usually just try-hards and are using shit that won't even be mentioned come next year. however, i feel like the sort of repeating and semi chaotic (couldn't think of a better descriptor) nature of it describes the main contents of it well enough, with most of it being poetry covering similar topics but all the while still remaining different.

>A Small Man's Story, by Anonymous

We were happiest in our younger years, back when our relationship was simple. He almost always managed to free me when I felt the waters approach, and when I lay hidden, I tried my best not to intrude on His life outside. I saw more of the world in those days too. I have happy memories of the sea air flowing all around us as we ran wild on the sand. But I've long forgotten the feeling of the sun on my skin.

The change crept up slowly, such that I can't pin-point when it began. Any time that the hunger gripped me it felt unimaginable that I had ever been content. In those moments my nest became my prison, and I screamed for freedom. He always visited eventually, and then the dance would begin. He would take me snugly in hand and we'd dance ourselves into a frenzy, and when it was over we would lie back, sated, exhausted.

Ever since this change fell upon us I had become accustomed to seeing no one else but Him, but one day He surprised me with a large audience. Without warning He uncovered me in a bright, open room full of not just others like Him but others like me. Before I could take it all in we were moving and then the high water fell upon us. I braced myself for the harsh chemicals but a jolt came and we were on the ground. Others encircled us and laughter filled the air. That new world disappeared from view as His touch came to me again, though not to dance. I lay safe in his cupped hands and soon was back in my dark abode.

That night it was He who initiated the dance. He teased and prodded until I felt the hunger rising. We danced slow, building up to the finale, but as it neared the dance suddenly stopped. I was still reeling from the interruption when He brought a cold, flat instrument parallel to my flank. I could see "4" engraved where it faced me. Anger overcame Him and he dug the instrument deeper into the skin until through the pain I saw "4 1/2".

I hurt Him that day - that much is clear - and He has been punishing me ever since. Each new morning brings the same torturous routine. Those hands that caressed me so gently now squeeze and throttle me. He pulls and stretches clinically, always the same number of times in the exact same way. I am growing weaker. The hunger comes less frequently and less intensely now. At this rate I fear I'll lose my ability to dance altogether. But perhaps that is the cross I must bear for whatever pain I have caused Him. Indeed if the hunger leaves me forever, maybe we can return to the way we once were.

>i agree that most brands
>year. however, i feel like

Can you just try to see how one would look with just the title stated once?

I dig the background photos you use. And I do think it looks ok, aesthetically, (I dont think theres anything chaotic about it, as you admit) takes up space, gives it fullness. I just think its possible it might look classier just with the 1, and also more sensical, and certainly would not turn off anyone from reading, whereas this version has the potential to do so, as you and I admit we have experienced brands use this technique, and they have not been prestigious.

Keep up the good work, I in no way want to put you down in anyway, just want whats best for all the contributors and readers

something more like this, yeah?

Perhaps have it above the staff, upper left cornerish. Though I see what you mean, with the lots of empty space, and the potentially awkward clashing of the font. The other cover offerings had other mock up writing, a price, a date, but yeah, I suppose your 5guy version is better than this, but maybe this might not be so bad wit h the text moved above the staff upper left ... though it also doesnt look terrible... something about it is a lil off though, perhaps the color being similar to the light bluish around, and how it obstructs the staff and weakens the pop of the y.... idkidkidk

the more I look at it the less terrible I think it is, but its not perfect, and then I will look again and think its unacceptable, and then acceptable, so I cant really decide about these things

Further look and thought. Maybe try text slightly bigger, versions incrementally bigger, and incrementally bolder, and perhaps slightly or incremental versions of the text to the left a little...

this time looking at it I actually like now as if the tittle is coming from the staff, which may nullify my thought about upper left being most choice

I understand the appeal of the multiple 5 post, It is more like billboardy, and playful, and this 1 title desire makes it seem more like a personal book, text, especially with the word diary in the name, the 5 repetition makes it seem more jouranlly so good call on that, your instincts and gut and even telling by your image choices are very good, and certainly it may turn out that your initially ideas were best and usable, certainly, just figured I may as well suggest to try some other variations

While i still prefer my version of it, i really do appreciate the constructive criticism and i wanna say thanks for the help.

here i've tried your suggestions to both move it to the upper right and also make the font size larger. let me know what you think!

Thanks for being cool and understanding, and doing the heavy lifting. If you wouldnt mind, wanna try a version of this one, but a little higher and a little to the left so its not covering the black wing now?

and as I mentioned, it may also work, now that its a bit bolder, if it was almost exactly the horizontal orientation, but dropped down laid over the staff, desu wedged between the wind upward angle wing and downward angle hat,

those two versions are the last I will ask, and will be satisfied with your original version

Or maybe, further thought, instead of up and left above the wing (the first of the newest suggestions), what if font small enough so that it fit at that exact height, but just so it was not overlapping the wing?

I'm having a bit of trouble following that last one, but i'm pretty sure this is what you meant!

Do you accept shit in spanish?

Veeky Forums might be the most underrated Veeky Forums boards. You assholes are obnoxious, but the discussion is better and more satisfying than most other boards I have visited.

Link to last thread please?

I had my monitor light down quite low and along with the surrounding light blue glances perceived the tittle as being very light blue, full brightness I see that it is white, but am wondering if it might look nice in the lightest possible blue possible, and then maybe try a few versions of some different shades of gold

probably gonna do the rest in the morning m8. getting pretty late over here and i'm getting pretty tired. it's been real though.

Yeah my bad, that appears to be a no go, might work with the original font size,

but what I also meant was, with this bigger font size, try the approach used in this one:
And then maybe I also meant, if how this one is:
You made the font smaller untill 'my diary desu' could be dropped down to fit inbetween the border and the wing tip right above the staff head... and I definitely see now how it does not look so good with the title soo close to the borders... trust your instincts man, sorry for messing about :^/

I am trying to look at it, and think like many potentially readers, if you saw this in a book store, what is the most aesthetically pleasing orientation, the most patrish vibes, I would have no problem with your originally winning, it just initially caught me off guard, and confused me, the meaning, reason, purpose, necessity of it

hey man it's no problem, you're suggestions were honestly pretty good and i'll definently try to work on them in the morning. u have a good night!

Sweet, g'night. (dunno bout any blue for that image, think white looks acceptable, though I can also imagine gold and a variety of pinks working)

warosu.org/lit/thread/S8728979

I've uploaded this to the Discord channel.

That looks really professional. In an ironic way

I love it

>The WHOLE is greater than the SUM of its parts

Sorry, couldn't resist fixing that for you

I feel it should be scrubbed of any direct reference to lit or 4 chan other than inside jokes and memes

It could actually end up becoming something more than just fun, but I would never submit to a publication that literally says Four Chan on the cover

Why not? Too big a man for your family?

Do you really want to associate your name with the hacker known as Four Chan?

my goodness, do you have any concept of "quality control"? what a shambles. "editor" - you don't do any such thing..

I suppose we could do some form of crowdsource. Frankly I don't see why we don't just publish our shit on blogs or WordPress or even tumblr for that matter

Plus, we need to sort out how to avoid copypasta

Bit of a nip slip there, I see

OP does say that its just for fun. Might as well give it a try. It's what Heidegger would have wanted

I disagree, if it does end up being up to te standards of a professional one, it may somewhat validate our shitporting. And if its not well well it was just a Veeky Forums project for shit and giggles.

What kind of a journal is it
Elaborate, please

A ridiculous, pathetic, time-wasting journal. A collection of shitposting. There; that could actually work as the title.

Sounds like my type of publication

>free style jazz is something positive
brb listening to my toilet flushing

I heard Four Chan is a nazi.

I like it

>litquarterly.com/goliath-cums/

ffs Veeky Forums

everything else on there is solid tho. The poetry is honestly surprising.

You could ask John Green to write an introduction.