How does Veeky Forums choose to read their books?

How does Veeky Forums choose to read their books?

Physical / New
Physical / Used

Ereader / Kindle/nook

Smartphone / Ereader app
Smartphone / Pirated

PC / Ereader app
PC / Pirated

Pic related, Im about to start reading The Stranger pirated on my smarthphone.

Kindle because
a) I'm poor
b) my fingers start to hurt if I have to read a fat book for a long time
c) I don't jerk off to my collection like half this board

Physical always. Used books or a library are alternatives if you don't have money.

Physical new. I'm pretty patrician that way. I will by used though I have a Kindle too, but it's just an inferior reading experience imho.

Physical/used, Physical/New or Kindle. Sort of depends if it's something I'm going to read in my language or in another.

E-Reader / Pirated.

I'd been waiting since the early 90s for this fucking tech so I could pirate books and read them comfortably.

Physical / Used
I love writing margin notes in my books, esp. novels, and I usually go after slim paperback versions so that I can fit them in the back pocket of my jeans while I'm walking around town. All my books have bent bindings and dog-eared pages.

>implying new is more patrish than used

>looking at a monitor for hours to read
Do you want your eyes to deteriorate?

If I have the money/access, then physical books, obviously. Also, I try to buy them new, but sometimes I go to the used book store to browse a bit and buy whenever I find something worth it.

However, I have many books in epub and pdf, specially short (~90 pages) books that I think I'm not gonna like that much, but I prefer the physical books.

Audiobook / pirated

Usually physical (used), occasionally e-ink.

Reading on an LCD screen any more than you have to is retarded and considering how cheap e-readers are now, this is doubly true.

Smartphone mostly, sometimes PC

Pseuds, any real intellectual would be reading on their phone and not paying money for redundant gadgets or pretending to be a victorian gentlesir with obsolete books

Physical books are actually the most comfortable way to read though.
Besides, even if you read in an electronic device, a phone is the worst option with how small it is.

the word pseud doesnt mean "anyone who disagrees with me". Reading on your phone is truly for casuals. Id rather listen to an audio book than read a book on a 5 inch screen.

Also reading a physical book is a much better experience than an ereader. While this may look like an opinion its so widely shared that it might as well be a fact

Nonsense, its pure placebo and marketing. If Joyce was alive today he would unquestionably be reading and writing on a smartphone

it may or not be a placebo, its definitely not fucking marketing. if marketing had any effect it would be the reverse, use marketing to get people to buy ereaders. why would marketing be focusing on selling 8 dollar books when they can sell 300$ ereaders? also your argument "you guise im right because if this boards most respected author was alive he would totally agree with me" is pulled so far out of your ass it literally makes my head spin.

i like real books and if plato was alive hed read real books not a phone. see how fucking retarded that sounds? probably not because you are actually autistic. kill yourself

Its retarded because its not true, Plato would see past the superficial, even juvenile nostalgia for paper based media when the device you have in your pocket can get the job done perfectly.
I cite Joyce because he's an example of someone who didn't fall for consumerist ideology telling him whats important and what is bullshit like yourself.

And yeah you're right Ebooks are bullshit too, although in the long run they are far cheaper than you ego blocks

yeah everyone is a consumerist sheep except you! you are truly the only enlightened one here. youre probably the kind of moron to type his novel on a typewriter or some shit because its not main stream.

also considering im not a NEET i can afford to buy whatever i want.

>youre probably the kind of moron to type his novel on a typewriter or some shit because its not main stream

kek nice self awareness you got going. This is the exact type of magical thinking and pathetic nostalgia that you base your love of muh magic tree pulp squares
Write on your phone, its all you need for fuck sake, its all the same letters available to you

I didn't mean to imply pen and paper is better for writing because it isn't. I meant that you pay far too much mind to what you think everyone else is trying to get you think and trying to counter it. Then assuming Everyone else is too le Reddit to understand the consumerism maymay

Physical books I get from the library. I have a hard time reading on a screen and need to take frequent breaks when reading long articles. A physical book is much easier for me to focus on.

Library
If not at library and on libgen, ereader
If not at library and not on libgen and in print, have library order it.

I only buy used books, but I'm trying to stop since libraries exist.