Daylight savings

Why don't we just set our clocks forward 30 minutes and then leave it, instead of going back and forth by an hour every six months?

Other urls found in this thread:

standardtime.com/
mcmaster.ca/inabis98/occupational/coren0164/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man, I don't know

Golf. That's the explanation.

I admire your intelagence

You are retarded

From my extensive research on this website I have concluded that it's because Jews, the Illuminati and traps.

there is no "savings" from Daylight Time
standardtime.com/

If everyone did that then there would be no real effect except for the nominal addition of 30 minutes to every single clock in the world.

You'd be robbing 30 minutes of everyone's time for no benefit at all.

False. The practice of DST messes up circadian rythms for several days after time is set. Probably cuts a fraction of productivity as a result of this. On a worldwide scale I'm sure you could argue for billions lost. The time setting would be a one-off event. Russia just got away with DST.

>Russia just got away with DST
Because they're commies.

>The practice of DST messes up circadian rythms for several days after time is set.

Is that really so? I always have such a hard time believing this. Like - just go to bed a bit earlier and wake up earlier (or later). Surely it's not worse than a heavy hangover or a few days of hard exercise.

Just do what we did in Russia and cancel this useless clockfuckery. Daylight doesn't matter since most of your life you are bound to be inside, not outside.

Because then we'd have extra time and that would throw the earth's orbit off a bit.

>You'd be robbing 30 minutes of everyone's time for no benefit at all.
Because the time disappears when you move the clock forward, right?

The original purpose of DST is to help the economy and save on fossil fuels, because during the winter months the outdoor lights have to come on earlier in the business day.

Arizona (minus the Navajo Nation) and Sonora have abandoned DST. It seems to be possible but would require civil activism. DST is an insult to citizenship and reason.

>save on fossil fuels
Use nukes, duuh.

If everyone in the world had a heavy hangover at the same time that would also cost billions in productivity.

Nothing would change in Russia though. I'm used to working hangover.

Does it matter at all whether all hangover occur at the same day or not?

Wasn't it for golf and bug catching?

mcmaster.ca/inabis98/occupational/coren0164/

I'm too lazy to go find more fun statistics