What do you guys use to write?

I use tha native windows' Notepad for the first draft and Microsoft Word to format after.

I really envy people that write by hand. Its impossible for me since it seems slower and I want to write as fast as I can. So a keyboard is better.

Any advice of other softwares?

Other urls found in this thread:

baara.com/q10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was going to give you a meme answer but I got bored.

Grammarly is good, but to use all of its features you have to pay a subscription.

Still, it corrects your grammar and has a neat cloud system.

I use paper and pen for as long as I can before typing it out. several drafts by hand, typically.
I use Microsoft Word

Cursive.

Microsoft Word right at once. I love the sound of typing - makes me feel like I'm actually doing something
I haven't written anything more than 3 sentences on paper for 3 years now.

Microsoft Word. Courier New, font size 10, 1.5 spaced. An industry standard when submitting to literary agents.

why not get a typewriter and go full meme. psueds across the country are doing it (it's actually quite fun desu)

I have one. I used it to write a highschool project because we are so poor back then.
Shit is not fun to use at all - heavy, hard to format, difficult to correct, and my fingers...oh my fingers!

Never again

I used a typewriter twice my age though. Never used any new ones so that's that

Google Docs

google docs
I assume that google is going to win the future anyways the way they are going. Easy to backup everything, easy to download, pretty much the best thing ever. Functionality is shit but you can improve that easily.
Yeah I tried this, Hemingway editor, and prowriting aid so far. In my opinion, it makes you a lazy writer. Some stuff it will catch and that's nice, the rest is your dumb self trying to catch up with the computer overlord laughing at you. Makes editing which is already pretty intimidating even worse. If I need my stuff to look that polished, I'd consider using it again out of despair.

Someone mentioned f.lux in one of these threads and it helped me sleep better at night.

This. The aesthetic definitely isn't Veeky Forums but the convenience of being able to type on my phone and computer is so nice.

My hand always cramps after one page. Back in high school when I didn't have a laptop or any other mobile computing device capable of word processing I would write old fashioned to pass the time. Not fun.

I use OpenOffice. It has all the essential features of Word, trim the fat, and it's free for download.

>aesthetic isn't Veeky Forums
I'm fucking writer nigger fucker my WRITING IS LIT SON
I'll use the shame from typing that in my novel.
>openoffice
I bet you installed Linux too, asshole.

>I bet you installed Linux too

Yep. I prefer open software.

Sublime Text
Then I paste it on Word and format it

yeah I use google docs for these reasons but usually word or libreoffice for final editsm

LibreOffice is what I use.

Microsoft Word Starter 2010... so I guess just 'Microsoft Word'. I use the template provided by CreateSpace. Yes, I am contributing to the landfill. A novel and a novella later, I've only gotten two sales (both from the novel), and one is a good friend down in the US who has been extremely supportive and was excited to buy it, the other was a friendly guy on /k/ who was also supportive. At least, I assume the second one was from /k/. Had a Hell of a conversation with him, and I hope we chat again sometime.

Yeah. Libreoffice is dank.

I use Microsoft Word.

Personally, I'd prefer to write by hand, but I have a bad shake in my right hand that makes doing so neatly a task. I assume it might be some nerves getting shot from my job, but I don't know. I just know my cursive is really good, and it'd be nice if I still had the wrist for that.

The sad thing is that I'm only 21. The oil field does that to you, I guess.

I sometimes have fun writing by hand, but I'm also left handed so whatever tool I use that's good ends up smudging to all hell.

Generally I just use whatever text editor I feel like at the time, I'm a little weird by not doing a super dedicated one.

I worked in the Oil Sands. Yeah, it was pretty fucked. I mean, AWESOME fucking money, but it was a crazy place to work. Fort Mac or nah?

final draft because screenplays are patrician af deshita.

I write by hand.

Pencil and paper. Pen if I'm feeling confident. If I want to type it up I use Microsoft Word.

I find I'm FAR faster (and of course neater, considering my chicken-scratch) with typing, so that's what I stick to. I rather dislike writing by hand. Pretty much something I do only if I have to, save for the fact I keep a journal that I've had for over 5 years.

I write my ideas on paper and make the first draft with Notepad++. It isn't about the speed, it's about being able to change anything at any moment. I am more like a programmer than a painter in this regard.

i write on my phone on evernote but mostly when drunk ... after i make sense what ive written i edit it on word.... thought thats the only way you do it ...or what do you use an old fashion ntebook u like to flash around when visit starbucks

I use Q10.

I like its simplicity, it has exactly all the features I want. Also I enjoy the typewriter sound. That feature is ultra cheesy but I enjoy the experience of Q10's black screen and orange text, typing away at night to the cozy simulated typewriter sounds, drinking Balzac levels of coffee. Whatever works.

baara.com/q10/

focuswriter or/and typora

I'll check it out.

So far for any serious project that require organizing vast amounts of text I use Scrivener. Incredibly good. When I am done, I export it to .doc and format it there, since Scrivener seems not to give a fuck about my tildes (I don't typically write in English) and the spacing andparagraphing all over the place.

>Sublime Text
What the fuck? Might as well use Notepad.

OP here.

That typora one is pretty nice. Especially that you can export in .docx. And its easy to use as well, thanks dude. I'll be using typora instead of notepad from now on.

I write by hand because I like to make annotations. I can't really do that with word processors, so I'm sticking to my Blackwing 602s for now. I know it's much slower to write it out by hand, but I think that gives me extra time to catch errors.

Anyone have suggestions for processors that allow you to annotate, with similar convenience like pen and paper would offer?

I only use closed source software