Is nautical fiction the literature master race?

Is nautical fiction the literature master race?

idk honestly I prefer more varied settings

No that would be existentialist fiction.

smaller boat?

>Horatio Hornblower
>Moby-Dick
>Master and Commander

Can you GET any more homoerotic than this?

Accusations of homoeroticism usually comes from people who do not understand the platonic love that develops between men in strenuous conditions. Honestly it shows a lack of emotional nuance, and stunted emotional growth.

The names are literally sex jokes

the normies think hornblower is a euphemism and not actually a character.

Nautical fiction is underrated desu. Yes even considering the height of praise in which Moby-Dick is held.

About to start the third book in the Aubrey/Maturin series, first two were great

How does Hornblower compare?

Read Moby Dick, was awesome.
Old Man and the Sea
Started reading The Ghost Pirates.
Considered Horatio Hornblower.
Watched the Master and Commander movie and read a little bit of the first book to slake my thirst.

And then just like that, my nautical boner disappeared. I forgot all about the seafaring section of my project I'm writing, which all this consumption was inspiration for.

Now I'm on something else. Does this happen to anybody else?

yes. good call op

Haven't read hornblower desu but how about when Aubrey had to wear a bear suit and walk across France?

also this. sabatini can def buckle a swash

try also to ignore what now strongly resembles a very large dick and balls in the above image at upper right. surely it can be unseen without much difficulty

might as well post this too. point being i think we're on to something here gents. nautical fiction is the jam

Was pretty fucking funny, kinda wished the whole "oh shit we gotta escape France" thing lasted longer. I would love seeing the two of them go on undercover escapades.

The third one is where Aubrey-Maturin really gets started.

Kinda really makes me want to go back and continue the first book.

Don't say that, I have other books to read, I can't binge 17 of them in a row

my whole life is starting to make sense now

nautical fiction is love, nautical fiction is life

Aubrey & Maturin get mad pussy. I still dream what Diana Villiers looks like probably a blue eyed Eva Green.

>Is nautical fiction the literature master race?
I donĀ“t know

They're both heroes that's for sure. Maturin was Veeky Forums too