Rec

Books for dealing with a break up with the most wonderful being you've met. Please help. I'm on the verge of suicide.

American Psycho

The Lovely Bones.

>the most wonderful being
If this being was so wonderful, then why did you break up?
You are just experiencing withdrawals from your addiction. It will pass.

She broke up with me, It was distance maybe, or my indifference caused by it.

The Sun Also Rises desu

Make sure you spend a lot of time thinking about it, because then you will come up with the answer.

Just do it - Shila Le Beouf

Thanks man, I needed that.

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
It'll be tough but you'll make it through

>distance
Long distance never works, and it is never worth it.

I do better with movies than reading when I'm down.

I dont think there is A book. Maybe a bunch of them.
If anything user Ill tell you I got dumped by the most beautiful girl Ive ever stuck my dick/heart into a year ago. She was an angel. It still hurts a little from time to time and even tho Ive had other partners I cant fully get over her. But it gets easier and someday you forget about her 4 days a week. So hold on, it may get better it may get worse but is sure as hell gets more endurable.

Best answer.

I reached the point where I didn't blame myself for my being dumped only after a couple of months of sorrowful contemplation. I understood that there wasn't really anything I could have done and given the chance to go back in time to fix things, I wouldn't want to anymore. It is sad that it all ended after five (5!) years, but I see now that towards the end I really wasn't in a relationship with quite the same person. Now, after half a year, I am still depressed sometimes, too often. But life gets better, I still have two great friends, I talk with people of the opposite sex and even though I haven't gotten it off with anyone, I'm optimistic.

On topic During my tour of sorrow I was reading R Scott Bakkers The prince of Nothing trilogy. One of the main characters, Achamian, has a Really Tragic love life. Even though the reason for the rejection by his love really isn't similar to mine, I empathized with poor Acca a lot. All of the different emotional stages he goes through (love, longing, denial, false hope, acceptance etc.) really spoke to me when I was going through something similar. But I didn't have it that bad. And it comforted me that I wasn't such an emotional wreck.
The trilogy is in itself a nice epic fantasy too. A crusade and sorcerers and stuff.

I had to break up with a beautiful girl I loved because she was holding me back in my life and career. The day after the breakup, my best friend gave me Kate Chopin's "The Awakening" and it really helped.

There is no sexual relationship. She's literally an extension of your own inner self.

are you sure this is the right time and place for metaphysics

fuck a hooker and stay sober
enjoy the simple things in life

also mooch on your friends emotionally, if you dont have any go make some and mooch
this is what friends are for, absorb their energy

I dont think you know what metaphysics mean