>>8747470

FINNALY

Other urls found in this thread:

terrytao.wordpress.com/2016/06/04/it-ought-to-be-common-knowledge-that-donald-trump-is-not-fit-for-the-presidency-of-the-united-states-of-america/
youtu.be/eNgUQlpc1m0?t=17m
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That line about Hilbert really made me think.

It was pretty cool to see him talk, but he didn't really talk about anything that was to revelating. It would be cool to see him on a future episode, but I'm not sure how much he likes to do these sorts of things.

oh yeah and
>pi day
>brings on tao

I'm smarter than this guy, he probably doesn't know anything about the Bible

Stupid chink

t. butthurt jealous brainlets

Nah, I respect those with superior abilities in maths, just no chinks,

>he managed to grab the worlds attention
>"b-but hes a c-chink"

As an Australian I am quite pleased that Terry is considered the best mathematician in the world, at least in terms of raw talent.
He is a top guy.

>Australian

He's a chink

He seems like a really cool guy. He is clearly gifted and also hardworking, which is a great combo.

btw ITT: Triggered arrogant fags.

a chink smarter than you

Is that the shithead that wrote a an essay and a "proof" how Trump cannot become POTUS?

That guy is autistic as fuck. He's like the king of autists. Total fucking idiot savant.

did he really dude. man if thats true i just lost so much respect for him

I'm too lazy to check but I'm like 99% certain it was him. He wrote this long, incoherent, rambling, nonsense and "proved" that Trump cannot become POTUS. I laughed silly when I read that. He's a smart mathematicians but a total idiot when it comes to real world.

I thought it was him proving that he wouldn't be qualified not if that he couldn't be elected.

Please back this up with a link before our mental image of the guy changes.

Why the fuck do you faggots browse this board if you can't even read? He wrote about Trump being *incompetent* as POTUS, not that he is unelectable.

Mods should enforce a new rule; if you aren't 3 standard deviations higher than your race's average IQ, you're permanently banned from posting on this board.

Tao isn't qualified to drive a car. He should shut the fuck about things he's too stupid to comprehend.

>butthurt
the post.

terrytao.wordpress.com/2016/06/04/it-ought-to-be-common-knowledge-that-donald-trump-is-not-fit-for-the-presidency-of-the-united-states-of-america/

either way, sounds like some seriously autistic faggotry, im no trump supporter but the dude should stick to math

this is pure bait, if you really feel this way then you're a total fag man

You right.

As an aside, do you know what other popular autist-infested website contains people who only reads the title of a post and starts assuming shit without actually reading it?

Hint: It's where you should go back to.

Jesus, what a tool. Just look at the comments as they rip him a new one.

so we should allow 100iq abos?

I read in a thread that a mathematician stole another Mathematician's proof. Had something to do with Poincaré ... (I don't remember what it was). His name sounded chink-ish. Was he Tao?

Tao is a solid analyst, but not a legendary figure, by any stretch.

Ask yourself this; will brainlets be shitposting Tao threads in 50 years like they shitpost von Neumann or Grothendieck threads? No, almost certainly not.

Maybe, but only if he can push his career a bit further.

Everyone forgets that he is still super fucking young. He has at least 10 more years of top tier research ahead of him. That means that he could still prove a meme theorem that would make him a meme.

For example, the twin prime conjecture. If he proves that then he will be the next Pepe. We will be trading rare Tao's and then leftists would say that Taos are a white supremacist meme.

proving a meme theorem does not make one a meme.

Mochizuki isn't a meme because he may have solved ABC, he's a meme because of how he went about doing it, i.e. IUTT

Being simply 'a good mathematician' is not enough to make you legendary, you also need to have an atypical personality, and an original approach to the practice of mathematics itself.

I honestly consider suicide because I will never be him.

No, it's not about Tao, it's about some chink trying to steal merit from Perelman for the Poincaré conjecture.

Doesn't he publish something new like once a month? That's a pretty fucking big output.

I feel the same. It also angers me immensely the fact that he exists and that he never did anything to be a child genius, it just came to him. He's heralded as the best mathematician alive for something he had no control over, he was just lucky to be a child genius with supportive parents and teachers.

I wonder how he feels about his own intelligence. I'd also like him to better explain how his thinking works, because the explanation in the video is not clear at all.

And yes, I'm a butthurt triggered brainlet who should kill himself, at least tell me something I didn't already figure out myself.

>I'm a [...] brainlet who should kill himself
>at least tell me something I didn't already figure out myself
If you tell me where you live, I can tell you where the nearest tall building or train tracks are

Oh yeah, what's his name?

I already know about the good places (there's not many where I live). Nice try though.

>the nagging feeling in the back of your head that maybe no one will care about your paper
How can this nigger say that when he gets who knows how many citations

This is interesting: I've heard of Terrence Tao, but I haven't until now actually heard him speak on anything. His mannerisms (even while speaking about mathematics) remind me a lot of people I knew as an undergraduate and as a graduate student.

>Not liking topology.
>Following intuition to make economy of his time and not going brute-force.
That's why he's not going to solve a Millennium Prize problem.

>We will be trading rare Tao's and then leftists would say that Taos are a white supremacist meme.
this made me laugh more than it should have, have a (you)

But does he have a glorious, 8 inch, thick, uncut, white dick?

In June 2006, the Asian Journal of Mathematics published a paper by Zhu Xiping of Sun Yat-sen University in China and Huai-Dong Cao of Lehigh University in Pennsylvania, giving a complete description of Perelman's proof of the Poincaré and the geometrization conjectures. The June 2006 paper claimed: "This proof should be considered as the crowning achievement of the Hamilton–Perelman theory of Ricci flow."[20] (Asked about the paper, Perelman said the pair had not contributed anything original, and had simply reworked his proof because they "did not quite understand the argument".)[21]

In November 2006, Cao and Zhu published an erratum disclosing that they had failed to cite properly the previous work of Kleiner and Lott published in 2003. In the same issue, the AJM editorial board issued an apology for what it called "incautions" in the Cao–Zhu paper.[22]
On December 3, 2006, Cao and Zhu retracted the original version of their paper, which was titled "A Complete Proof of the Poincaré and Geometrization Conjectures — Application of the Hamilton–Perelman Theory of the Ricci Flow"[23] and posted a revised version, renamed, more modestly, "Hamilton–Perelman's Proof of the Poincaré Conjecture and the Geometrization Conjecture".[24] Rather than the grand claim of the original abstract, "we give a complete proof", suggesting the proof is by the authors, the revised abstract states: "we give a detailed exposition of a complete proof". The authors also removed the phrase "crowning achievement" from the abstract.

>Terence failing to get a question because there was some trick

HOPE
O
P
E

People really overestimate how much the IMO is about raw intellect.

Doing well on higher-level contests in general is not so much genius as spending hundreds of hours being coached for every single possible variant of every trick that could show up and hoping you know the right ones.
On the odd occasion they try to introduce something that doesn't fit into one of the old molds these kids flop around for a while just like any other (reasonably smart) person would. Then if they're really good and a little bit lucky they might break through.

The charisma of a block of wood, and no interesting topics to talk about either. What a shit video, even by numberphile standards.

Tao is no good at being a public figure.

we need more non-media centric intellectuals. We need to keep stuff a secret from the public.

>The charisma of a block of wood, and no interesting topics to talk about either. What a shit video, even by numberphile standards.
Are Kontsevich or Lurie any different?

ted kacynzski on numberphile when

>ted kacynzski on numberphile when
ADX Florence.
Never going to happen.

>I'd also like him to better explain how his thinking works, because the explanation in the video is not clear at all.
I think the difference between him and us is more quantitative than qualitative. He just thinks faster and more abstractly.

Of course.

youtu.be/eNgUQlpc1m0?t=17m

>17:00 - 22:00

>he still believes in free will and having control over anything

like yours but a lot faster

When Australians talk about American politics it's the cringiest shit on earth.

I'm a yank studying here in Aus and E V E R Y O N E thinks they know everything about Trump and American politics, etc etc. Obviously they only "know" what they see on TV, which is incredibly biased, and doesn't even tell you the truth. Not to mention that the media here is incredibly leftist, pro-marxist and anti-white, and most of the population probably has no idea.

They think BLM and the whole protesting movement is SO big, when it's not even a tenth of one percent of the population involved, and everyone who's a protester is just a lazy NEET.

I'm starting to think Australians have an inferiority complex and that they worship the US, even though their media is telling them "stop being like the US, except when being like the US means being pro-globalism and anti-Australian". It's ridiculous. Cannot wait to GTFO.

Describing our media as "pro-marxist" and "anti-white" is 1000x cringier to be honest. Especially when it's clear you get your political opinion from Veeky Forums and think yourself enlightened for it. Embarrassing

>Paul Erdős will never write your recommendation letter

How else to describe the imbalance in "I'm proud to be black" being received so vastly different than "I'm proud to be white"?

Yeah, I fell really hard for the free will meme.

>"I'm proud to be white"
Whoa, why would you even say that?
Racist.

Not a fan of the "I'm proud do be black" phrase, but BLMfags say it means "I am not ashamed to be black", whereas "I'm proud to be white" means what you know it means.

>means what you know it means.
well, no. could you clarify that?

this got out of hand. put it back in hand pls

Rejected.

Are there other videos of Tao that are not lectures?
The fucker is a national treasure he should spend more time talking about random stuff.

Ugly wife, begin multi-millonary.

>I always like patterns.

Literally autism.

He's not even close to Grisha Pelermanov and you nkow it.

t. jealous brainlet

Oh without question. It's still autism.

>there are people on Veeky Forums who believe in free will
>there are grown adults who believe in free will

so he used some logical / philosophical jargon, and he put his opinion in serif font in a box. there is nothing in that link remotely resembling an attempt at a proof.

>the smartest australian is asian
really skied my slope

>implying it is not a good thing to like patterns

The smartest man on earth (Mochizuki) is Asian.

>Fail to solve a problem competing in the IMO when you're 13
>Shitheads still bring it up 30 years later
What the fuck

>so smart it's a legendary occurrence when you can't solve a problem in 2 hours

>Australian media is pro marxist

>the smartest man on earth is mochizuki
Cute

That picture gave me autism.

>doesn't believe in will
>thinks about suicide
lol, wonder if these are related, maybe even contradicting

have a nice race/IQ thread boys