Why is trigonometry so complicated?

Why is trigonometry so complicated?

Other urls found in this thread:

mecmath.net/trig/trigbook.pdf
dousaflavor.com/flavor-pantry/415969
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it is not

Because your teacher was very bad at explaining it.

SOH CAH TOA

All you really need.

The only hard part would be remembering stupid identities.

It's not. But point out your ability to understand. ..

because the functions have stupid names

sin x = (e^ix - e^-ix)/2i
cos x = (e^ix + e^-ix)/2

this is all you really need

It looks complicated when you
1) Are retarded
2) Are at the ground level

Because at the ground level all you are given by teachers is a bunch of triangles and some measurements and asked to find the missing measurements, which usually entails doing a lot of computations and retards are bad at computations. And after the computations come the deductions, which are even harder for retards to do.

If you see trigonometry from the top you see two things. First, a small set of theorems that are beautifully easy to prove. As in, those theorems say a lot but are also very elementary and could be seen even by a trained retard. Second, you see a collection of theorems that can help you prove new theorems, should you ever find a relation between what you are working with and trigonometry. So in this second sense, trigonometry is just a set of formulas that are really easy to assimilate if you need them (assuming you are not retarded) and then very easy to use in order to further your research (assuming you are not retarded).

Basically, your problem comes from the fact your IQ is too low.

best trig textbook? preferably something accessable in pdf form? im trying to learn this thanks guys

it is though

Seconding this request. Has anyone learned it with a compass and straightedge?

Pic semi-related

>pic semi-related

fixed it

See me after stats with the literal 10 billion equations that nobody has to know

>trig is hard
>top fucking kek

brain must be size of a pea

Can someone show me a geometric proof for why tangent is equal to sine divided by cosine?

You do not need any contrived geometric proof.
Just learn the definitions and apply them.

Definition of sin is opposite over hypotenuse O/H.
Definition of cos is adjacent over hypotenuse A/H.
Definition of tan is opposite over adjacent O/A.
(O/H)/(A/H)=O/A

He's talking about the image you brainlet.
Use similar triangles.

This.

Only brainlets waste their time with other trigonometric formulas.

Are you pajet user

you're a brainlet.

I just dropped out of highschool before trigonometry.

Would reading Euclid's Elements help me understand?

When the fuck is any of this shit used in real life?

Triangles and angles are pretty common.

projectile motion and launching things be it space rockets or bomb shells

perhaps he would like some sort of insight into why the definitions are what they are?

unfortunately, math is usually taught in "passes" over the same topics, with progressively greater levels of understanding each time. once you understand how to apply euler's formulas you can derive all the identities and they stop looking so ridiculous.

but the first time through, everyone is basically just forced to rote memorize the shit. it's brutal and i think it gives most people the wrong idea about what math is about.

well? anyone can help out?

tangent is equal to slope of radius
slope is equal to rise over run
sine = rise
cosine = run

WHAT DONT YOU GET YOU BRAINLET?

mecmath.net/trig/trigbook.pdf

Why actually is sin and cos for example? what does that length projected on x,y axis actually relate to in real world? why was there a need to invent these things?

Formulate a question at a time because I don't really know what you are asking.

why was there a need to invent trigonometry?
why do trigonometric functions (for example sine) behave like they do? was it natural outcome or people defined them?

>Why was there a need to invebt trigonometry
Navigation mostly. Trigonometry gives you a lot of power over angles.
>Why do trigonometric functions (for example sine) behave like they do?
What property in particular? They have many aspects ranging from algebra to analysis.
>Was it a natural outcome or people defined them
Trig is geometry that focuses on angles and triangles in particular in the classical sense. You can describe all oftrigonometry with Euclidean geometry, it is just cumbersome and impractical.

Because ur a brailet

i don't know mate. take a break from your trickery though and upvote my bag. also if anyone knows how to create bots to upvote that'd be sweet.
dousaflavor.com/flavor-pantry/415969