What are some Books for Improving the Self?

Are self help books actually useful? If not what philosophy and/or fiction should I read to improve myself?

The Phenomenology of Spirit.

No. Start with the Greeks

hume then kant first.

This. Start with the Memorable Sayings of Socrates.

PS: I think she's prettier *before* the makeover.

I feel really bad for women

Way cuter on the right. I want to dick her so hard and then go to her parents for Thanksgiving. She'll furtively rub the inside of my leg under the table, and I'll call her parents "sir" and "mam".

LEFT > RIGHT

Sorry, mistyped. I meant left. Left = absolute qt.

Its too late, you've made your choice

please stop starting threads with this picture, the lower lid eyeliner on the right looks horrible and so half the replies every time you do it are
>I think she looks cuter on the left

Kind of an opposite question to OP's
Are there any books that justify and encourage escapism?

She looks like a regular person before the makeup and a doll afterwards. Being more attracted to the before pic means you prefer reality to social standards.

"no"

She make-upped away her adorable dimples.

Studying philosophy and reflecting on your current condition until an adequate road to self-improvement specifically tailored by and for you is probably the best course of action.
If you are lazy, just browse through the self-help section of your local library and read what interests you. An user from another thread said that self-help is very dependant on timing, and he's absolutely right.

>implying that it was not intentional

yea OP
first you have to know yourself, like socrates said.
I'd recommend the psychology of self esteem by nathaniel branden. 6 pillars too.
then you could start reading alice miller the drama of the gifted child to connect with your inner self, your true self.

Also, stay away from anything like Eckhart Tolle or those gurus that say that you need to lose your ego and meditate and all those new wave things. That's bad advice and leads to even more depression and doubt

She's also smiling in "before", which helps...

i feel bad for anyone trapped in the illusion of society and its expectations

this is an objective fact. She goes from cute girl next door to disgusting club slut.

She's still cute on the left

t. ugly people who have cucked them selves into being attracted to women that they think are obtainable

Well, if true, that seems like a good idea though.

this

>be ugly guy
>if you hit on good looking girls you're delusional, 'lower your standards', and so on
>if you hit on average, not so good looking girls you're a creep that it's only interested because they seem more attainable

maybe nicomachean ethics

Same here user stay strong

>Eckhart Tolle

H-He helped me a few years ago...

Left literally looks more comfy.

Meh, it's the same girl. It's just a progression of waking up with bedhead to coming back out of the bathroom while you hit the snooze alarm. Her style will change over time. Oh yeah, she used up all the hot water.

Thanks for suggesting those authors, I will look into them.

i want to cuddle her on the left and bang her brains out on the right.

Nu-males diagnosed

Stop glorifying this old hag.

how is that nu-male in any way? are you a homosexual?

>old hag
Definition of nu-male.

Real men go after young girls.

Cuter without makeup

you'd pass on someone attractive just because "real men go after young girls"? pretty sure you're homosexual m8.

1 thats a spook

2 she is like 20, maybe 25

Old hags aren't attractive.
Anything over 16 is old hag.

Truth

That's an old hag.

the chick on the right looks more obtainable tho, she looks like the type of walking detritus I would find in my 20s at some niggermusic club and drunkenly fuck her + her skank friends at a hotel with tha lads

chick on the left isn't unobtainable but since she doesn't wear her agenda via three inches of "i suck dick" paint, it's marginally more difficult to gauge what is her deal without further investigation and actually talking to her/seeing her IRL

this desu, my girlfriend's hair looks like the one on the left when she doesn't straighten it. It took me like a month to convince her it was better unstraightened. Thank fuck she doesn't wear too much make up.

Is there anything worse than when they think they need to straighten their hair? Straight hair is literal garbage, wavy and curly is masterrace

thought it was the "evil stepmom from the 90s" eyebrows

Yeah, I don't know why some girls think it's necessary. Maybe some media influenced perception of beauty. There are occasions when the messier less put together hair isn't appropriate, like formal stuff, but most of the time I think it looks way better.

She already had plenty of eyeliner on in the left picture or her eyes are naturally rimmed in black

Eyelashlet detected