Soylent

What are Veeky Forumss opinions on this as a full meal replacement. I want to lose weight/spend less on food while maintaining a high level of nutritional health.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.soylent.com/post/51243920779/whats-in-soylent
youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I tried it a year ago and it wasn't horrible, I could definitely live off it. Thing was, it wasn't cheaper than just buying rice and beans and other cheap, real food, so I stopped buying it.

>I want to lose weight
Cut carbohydrates, eat nutritious food.

Start counting, it really helps. Counting carbs is 50% of weight loss. Other 50% is following your limit.

>Soylent
Would be neat if I could buy at costco/winco and in bulk like rice/flour/etc.

Google Narcissa Wright in images,the guy used Soylent for a year after which he started to have hormonal issues.

OP here, wouldn't it be cheaper though if you take into account time? Lets say it takes 30 minutes for each meal assuming time for eating + cooking and for all intensive purposes I don;t spend any time drinking the soylent. Thats 1.5 hours a day you save.

You'll be fine as long as you stay away from the green version, I hear there are some nasty ethical issues with how it's produced.

>Ethical
I dont really care about the ethics of what I eat.

No, carbs do not make a difference.
I have maintained various macro ratios, including extreme ones like 80|10|10
Your macro ratio is independent of weight loss, all that matters is energy intake versus energy expenditure

You'd be better off buying protein powder, oatmeal/rice, and milk or a milk alternative and tweaking the levels of each you put together in a blender to hit the desired ratio of proteins carbs and fats. Then fortify with any vitamin powders, sweeteners or artificial sweeteners or flavorings you want. Gives you the same effect at a much cheaper price.

Though you will probably be shitting liquid, mind you.

you can cook a *lot* of rice and beans at once and then refrigerate

Dude was making a joke reference to soylent green

Nice pop culture reference there. You're so hip.

Yeah I like Soylent. I keep it around for when I don't have time to go for lunch or when I'm on a road trip and don't want to stop. It's fucking great always being able to quench my hunger easily. Mostly I drink it at my desk at work to keep from going to chick fil a

This is why everyone hates you

I once had to talk to an endocrinologist about some issues I was having during puberty. She told me that consuming soy-based products like tofu could cause higher estrogen levels in men. I'd recommend telling your doctor if you were to switch to an all soylent diet unless you don't mind developing breasts or feminine features.

If you're female or transitioning it's fine. Otherwise you can expect pic related as the outcome.

FFS the name is a reference to the movie. Not soy. It's not made of soy. Like, it has soy in it but the main ingredients are whey and oats.

blog.soylent.com/post/51243920779/whats-in-soylent

Like I would never even remotely consider using this shit because I enjoy food and can pretty much always afford to skip a meal and now I looked up the ingredients because yall are too fucking lazy to even look up what youre posting about.

Kek u neu fag I am pro mate 24:7

But we need to circlejerk about soy! If we read something, we might realize we're wrong!

t. Soylent employee

>Soylent is not people, and contains no person-derived compounds.

Nice try.

Carbs do make a difference, if your calories are coming entirely from carbs you're wasting muscle.

Veeky Forumsentifically incorrect.

youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao

tl;dr if you consume a high amount of fructose your body cannot convert it directly into its mirror form, glucose. Instead it's turned into fat and the fat is then later turned into ATP. Glucose on the other hand is turned directly into ATP

skip to 11:02 for a claim proposed by a documentary maker who stays on the same calorie intake but increases the amount he gets from sugar (and I assume cuts protein and starches?) And gains weight. In later shots he is exaggerating the effects by going bareshirt, arching his back and holding his belly like a pregnant woman, but he still gained weight.

Your evidence is anecdotal at best, if you ever publish it as an article with an observer to take measurements I'd give it a read though.

I only eat one meal a day and make it in bulk for the whole week.

It's made out of peeeeeeeple