Is hufflepuff basically where they throw all the pussies?

is hufflepuff basically where they throw all the pussies?

It's where most of the Half-Breeds or Muggle-Borns go, yes

To celebrate the fact that one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises is finally over. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>be me
>never read the harry potter series
>enjoy the movies
>try arbitrarily throughout my life to dream my way into the harry potter world
>have vivid dreams otherwise, but not many w harry potter type shit
>last night or the night before
>dream in harry potter world
>nice

harry potter tends to fall apart when you take a classically trained "start with the greeks desu" shut in perspective, i wont argue that one bit. however keep this in mind; the audience is children. and for children its great.

Hufflepuff was designed specifically for the refuse. For the kids basically that were too untalented or incompetent to be put in any other house.

I guess you could say the pussies would be in Ravenclaw, as much as it's my favorite house, I can't really see them being top notch bad motherfuckers.

hufflepuff is where all the no talents go. however, here they can learn that even with low talent, you can overcome your problems with hard work. most of the time. i cant remember a single named hufflepuff character that appeared more than in passing though..

Hufflepuffs are designated as just and loyal, positives traits IMO.

Also the best young wizard at hogwarts during book 4 was Cedric Diggory according to the goblet. He would have won the tournament if it weren't for Crouch/Moody.

wouldn't it be better for the slytherin kids to not be put in slytherin

seems a bit counter-productive to assign a bunch of kids you suspect of having unpleasant tendencies to a house with a load of gratuitously evil alumni who live in a basement

Cedric Diggory

the best of hogwarts

ye

It's literally in the lore. The list up the features each founding member looked out for like courage, intelligence or cunning and then in the end they say "Hufflepuff didn't care and took the rest"

The books are basically slice of life with some action-adventure mixed in to keep it interesting. I wouldn't call it high fantasy in any shape or form, but still you can't implement something like that properly as a movie. I think that is why people say "the books are better" all the time.

Children don't know any better so it's the responsibility of the adults in their lives to cultivate them right. It's irresponsible to let kids watch/read harry Potter.

So basically, Harry Potter should have been adapted to anime.

Someone pitch this to japan.

>Cedric Diggory
Just means he was a no-good loser when he was chosen, he became the best by hard work and dedication.

>look mom i posted it again

hermione was a mudblood tho

but i like it...

I'd exclusively read all seven HP books for the rest of my life again and again if I could just forget "The Flight to Lucifer" existed. Bloom is the ultimate hack.

He said "most". The decent ones can go to a good house.

The HP universe is mostly consistent enough not to be immersion breaking but to me the House system always stuck out as being particularly retarded. She can backpedal all she wants with "but Slytherins aren't necessarily evil", "but Gryffindors can be arrogant", "but Hufflepuff is secretly the best house", it doesn't change the fact that in the actual books the Houses are almost literally The Good Guys, The Bad Guys, The Nerds, and The Irrelevants.

Just like real school