Guys and "grills"

Guys and "grills",

I finishing my degree in Comp Sci and I'm out of ideas for my senior thesis. Could you guys help me out?There are no bad suggestions. If you guys help me I will put a dedication note to this board on my thesis and post it here.

My areas of interest are:

> Computer Graphics;
> Data mining;
> Numerical simulation;

The suggestions are not restricted to the areas above, I just want something easy and interesting (fuck me right?).

Come on guys, I'm kinda desperate.

a faster square root.

>computer graphics
Optical flow

The idea is you take 2 images separated by a short amount of time (i.e. take a picture, then take a 1/2 step forward, and take another picture)

then look at the differences between them, the movement of the blocks of pixels, etc. and come up with an algorithm to determine which objects are close and which ones are far.

good shit. look into it

if you come up with a sweet enough algorithm, you'll win a nobel and you'll get hired by google or amazon or someone for 100k+ or win a nsf fellowship and get paid to go to berkeley

p=np

>8750995
Thx, I'll look into it

Build a 3D scanner. The only hardware is a rotating table driven by a motor with a rotary encoder (so you know what angle the object is as), a laser, and a camera. Beyond that it's image recognition, edge detection, and CompSci math.

too difficult, I already tried modeling a CSP that is classified as NP-Hard and creating a polynomial algorithm to it in order to proof this, but I failed too many times.

Also, I lack the capabilities for elaborate a proof that P!=NP.

Thx for the suggestion anyway.

It's a good idea, but I don't think I can make a senior thesis out of this project. It's quite simple and the construction of a 3D scanner is already well documented.

I'm studying volumetric rendering tough.

Yes, he'll probably use some recursive algorithms

3d printing. If you see the option, you catch my drift and you WILL have a good one

Your post caused me a stack overflow.
I need an aspirin.

It's odd how that doesn't register as it's own reply

deep learning as it apples to malware analysis

Before this thread go 404 I will say that I'm leaning towards Optical Flow

First thing in my mind when I read this was autopilot for a missile.
If you pick this subject and do it well, you may not be able to post it here, export restrictions on weapons.
But that will get you a job.

This would probably fit in a Computer Engineering senior thesis, But I think an embedded system aided to computer vision would be a good topic

but how??

image processing is for faggots who gag on massive african dicks

>
fucking what?

I am into the same problem, OP.
I will probably try to work with Comp Linguistics, or natural computing

Someone with decent technical knowledge tell me what this is and how he did it?

protip: you're supposed to use hamming_dist8() on the R,G, and B of each image

that's one potential algorithm.

it's actually a hot topic right now. do a thorough prior art search. im sure your college gives you access to tons of journals and publications. coming up with a working, efficient implementation of one of these algorithms would be enough for a senior thesis most likely.

Interesting, I studied a bit too, but it envolves a lot of functional programming, something that I'm really not a fan.

#
#
#
It's easy guys, this board is pretty slow. I just looked at the last post number and added 1. Pretty good chance. Here I'll try it again.

On a slow board like Veeky Forums it's possible to figure out the post number you'll get when you post before it's actually oisted. From there it's a simple matter of including that number into the post as you would a normal reply.

Fuck your interests, solve a problem in complexity theory, a lot of low hanging fruit out there if you are dedicated enough.