Age demographic for Veeky Forums

Please don't troll or bully, this is a serious inquiry.

strawpoll.me/11706807

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i6RZY4Ar3fw&list=PLqXRe1_7ywuggfXh_96_PkaZBSz2ZQ1gY
youtube.com/watch?v=2qdhmrU_XY0
mitpress.mit.edu/books/bubbles
youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im sure the results wont change much given the last survey was like 2 days ago. fuck off with this shit

Last surveys results:

15-19 -112 votes - 30%
20-24 - 176 votes - 48%
25-29 - 56 votes -15%
30-34 / 7 votes / 2%
35-39 / 4 votes / 1%
40-44 / 3 votes / 1%
45-49 /2 votes / 1%
50-54 /1 vote / 0%
55-59
60-64
65-older / 8 votes / 2%

>mostly teens and early 20's
No wonder lit has a boner for generic high school level classics that actually are shit books.

why how old are you?

mid 30's

I remember in college people getting the same boners over the same pleb tier books that are constantly talked about here. Not ALL mind you, but a lot.

Once you get older you realize it's trite shit.

if youre 30 or 40 or higher and you hate "all these damn kids with their shit books desu" why are you here? have fun sitting around with us mid 20s posting memefrogs.

Most of the anons on this board are in their early 20s. Incidentally, if you want a real census, go to this thread:

I've been coming to Veeky Forums since college budd. Hate to break it to you but Veeky Forums has been around since 03, a lot of users are in their 30's and 40's now. We just don't spend every day here. We stop by on occasion.

maybe you should stop by less

I can't, I hear the call of the faggots.
>maybe you should kill yourself, help out society

gfy

original bump

This. S'up fellow 30bro?

These kids will never know of the sweetness that was Animorphs and Goosebumps at the school book fair. Much cooler than faggot vampires and lesbian archers.

original commentary

Y DO U CARE?

I'm a millennial and those books were at my book fairs so..

wondering how much it changes over a period of time...(creepy)

>78% 24 or under

30 year old oldfag here. No wonder this place is so shitty.

Someone who is 30 years old now is a millennial you knob.

nearly 3am still awake and totally agree

62 people voted so far thanks guys

Which books do you read now that you're enlightened and transcended Veeky Forums

awesome original (goat.jpg)

I just turned 12.

I voted 15-19 several times. teehee

good to know cancer stick

It's still not as bad as most boards, though.
I used to visit /g/ a lot until ~4 years ago, but now I really feel I've outgrown it. The discussions are so entry level high school tier for the most part.

Teach you children poetry; it opens the mind, lends grace to wisdom and makes the heroic virtues hereditary.

posting here again

thanks again for voting guys

>read a book and mark it off and the person who wins the most get prizes!!!
>lie about 50% of the books
>win
>notevenmad.jpg

Hello 30's pal.

Just read random shit bruh. No need for the big names, the "classics", the ones the literary snob say are best. I still read comics (from small companies) a couple times a year (some have amazing stories). I read "this was my life" autobiographies. I read thrillers. I read anything where the subject matter seems interesting. Reading bullshit because edge lords say you should is what's wrong with literature. I spent a week reading and researching Cicada 3301 because why not? Reading to "be deep" or "cultured" or reading "the masters" is a fucking circle jerk of the most unintelligent. READ TO LEARN and discover. What is there to discover in texts that have been discussed to death. You will walk away confirming to an already pre conceived notion. It's ALL been discussed, so get out there and read off the beaten path. I read a fucking Rock Roadie (about The Animals roadie) because it seemed like a good story. I also read The Grand Design unedited first edition by Hawking because I wanted to learn. Read for the knowledge and mind adventure, not because faggot college kids are discussing Russian postmoderinsm in class and on the forums.

I'll be 35 next May.

>russian postmodernism
I can see why you read comics

>gets two of the last few words from a paragraph
You'll fit in fine in Veeky Forums

to keep this thread rolling, post age, country of origin, and favorite book and rate others
USA
The Count of Monte Cristo

USA
The Corrections

USA
History of the Peloponnesian War

you are the only edgelord here

classics are not understandable for younglings
how do you expect a 18y old to relate to experiences they never had before

you are just a butthurt muppet who is still emotionally in development

im actually suprised ppl are discussing something more than harry poofter

what does edgelord even mean in Veeky Forums

I agree. It's dissapointing.

I find teenagers through to people in their early twenties greatly overestimate how smart they are. I really do think this is true of most people at the age and not just a trait of edgelords. I find as you get older you realise how little you know about everything, and learning more only makes you aware of how much more complicated everything is thus making you more and more aware of how little you know.

Agreed, although I'm still relatively young. Nobody's as supercilious as a well educated teenager who thinks they've got the world worked out.

241 votes so far thanks Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=i6RZY4Ar3fw&list=PLqXRe1_7ywuggfXh_96_PkaZBSz2ZQ1gY

Fuck off, I'm a prominent Veeky Forums user but was absent from the site that day

kek. Part of this statement is actually true, about reading the things you enjoy/seek knowledge of. But there's a reason some works/philosophy is under the label of classic. They are some of the most profound looks into the human mind/experience/ideology, etc. Ignoring these works would be a great shame if you were seeking to attain knowledge, as they are presented best in these works, more or less. Surely you would not put some of the greatest 19th century authors/thinkers on the same level of someone like Stephen King.

oh shut the fuck up you pretentious fuck. some people just enjoy the classics and want to read something with depth. i hate to break it to you, but there are people who have already discussed those books that you say are "off the beaten path". you actually think you're better than people who read classics because your books are lesser known? god you're a hipster.

92 more people vote and ill have the same amount of data as the last survey

part of the 7%...no wonder I feel so out of place

youtube.com/watch?v=2qdhmrU_XY0

Truth springs from argument amongst friends.

>more then 5 people on Veeky Forums

I really hope you don't speak like a pseudo retard in person.

I really hope I can find it in me to care

I used to visit /g/ as well until I realized that the discussions were a bit lacking in quality. It is still a good place to ask a question in the questions thread and get almost instant feedback--extremely useful for when my brain freezes up when writing software.

25+ masterrace

357 votes so far
15 to 29 - 40%
20 to 24 - 41%
25 to 29 -12%
30 years and over - 7%

mitpress.mit.edu/books/bubbles

Where did my life go? youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Damn, I feel old now.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if people actually browse this board regularly or just come to shitpost and then leave.

I'm a shitpost and leave kinda guy myself.

22 and read those books at the school book fair
also Captain Underpants and Artemis Fowl

what about under 15?

Remember those Poopy Diaper Baby books where you would put your hand between two pages and flip the fucker fast for an animation? Good shit.