Why is lust considered to be a sin?

Why is lust considered to be a sin?

Other urls found in this thread:

rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/royptb/367/1589/657.full.pdf
s3.amazonaws.com/thf_media/2003/pdf/Bookofcharts.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3752789/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they are afraid of the negativity involved in sex.

According to who? The "seven deadly sins" is a meme

dunno
post more pics

Because in lust desire becomes an end whereas christian theology espouses God as the only end.

Because it breaks the natural law.

Moar

>religion
>morality
>natural

my sides.

This, defiling the "temple of the body" Paul mentions in 1 Corinthians

The question was why is it considered a sin, not why your retarded opinion on the three is or is not true.

Because it results in suffering that exceeds the momentary pleasure it provides.

Lust is giving way to temptation and temptation is bad.

Short term gratification is sinful (in opposition to delayed gratification).

In short: Greeks

Needs to shave her stomach

Barring a small few with disorders, everybody feels lust and wants to indulge in it, to various degrees. Many religions take advantage of this by declaring lust sinful, and threatening punishment for sin. This serves to scare the uninitiated into the faith.

Not a religion board. Get out christfags.

>>>/thefedoralounge/

Because a society can't prosper without sexual repression.

>natural law

[citation needed]

A better question is why does [ ] consider lust a sin

See: all of human history

religious people are always such pompous fucknuts

This explanation is entirely anecdotal, but I asked my Protestant uncle once on his thoughts and his response was something like this: having sex is a very significant thing. It may appear from a profane perspective as nothing more than sticking an organ into someone, but looking at a beautiful picture can also be reduced down to an organ processing an image. The fact is, having a sexual relationship with someone has a significant effect on you psychologically and even biologically. Once you've had that barrier broken, you develop a certain attachment to that person that remains with you for the rest of your life. It manifests an obstacle to be dealt with later.

An example of my own is my first. There was a girl that I met who was a virgin like me as well, and we both dated for a few weeks, then decided to sleep together. Shortly after that, she broke it off. A few months later, I started dating someone else, and she ended up contacting me again. I decided to stick with my current relationship despite it, but the reality is my thoughts still drifted toward her sometime, and even now I still have feelings down there for her, despite being overwhelmingly eclipsed by my current love. I don't necessarily regret sleeping with her, but now that I'm in a real loving relationship, it has presented an obstacle for me, albeit small.

I hope this clears things up.

rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/royptb/367/1589/657.full.pdf

>In suppressing intrasexual competition and reducing the size of the pool of
unmarried men, normative monogamy reduces crime rates, including rape, murder, assault, robbery
and fraud, as well as decreasing personal abuses.

It even decreases gender inequality, try dropping that one on the "slutwalkers."

s3.amazonaws.com/thf_media/2003/pdf/Bookofcharts.pdf

>Women with more sexual partners likely to divorce.
>Women with more than 20 sexual partners have an 80% chance of divorce.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3752789/

>Women's number of sexual partners linked linearly to drug/alcohol abuse.

Because it distracts you from working harder for your masters.

Christianity is SLAVE MORALITY. It is the religion of SLAVES. If you ever have to ask 'why does Christianity believe X?' the answer is because it's not profitable enough for the masters.

to add to the first reply, the point of my post is to show that it is a sin because it brings additional suffering to oneself, however small. I think the best way to look at sin is something that makes you impure vis-a-vis bringing unnecessary suffering.

Nothing we do is 'natural', get over it.

>people actually think this is what Nietzsche meant by slave morality

activities about sex and food are the two activities where you encounter the most diversity of likes and dislikes. it is retarded to want to control them and judge them

Sex is dehumanizing.

ressentiment

Cause pussy holds you back.

VERY mature

Because it causes you to see people as means to an end instead of ends in themselves.

Because God frowns upon it.

ahhh yes decreased rape in india and japan.

>It may appear from a profane perspective as nothing more than sticking an organ into someone, but looking at a beautiful picture can also be reduced down to an organ processing an image. The fact is, having a sexual relationship with someone has a significant effect on you psychologically and even biologically.
This. The current pro-sex stance has little to do with humanism and more to do with a societal system which promotes mindless, unattached consumption, again not because it is healthy, but because it makes people incapable of claiming things or habits as being their own. So you eat at [brand], masturbate to [brand], buy clothes at [brand], and so on without end; and when you're done with it you can't say you got anything out of it, can't even say you're momentarily satisfied, because what you were looking for wasn't that, because you aren't a child anymore and your appetites are less supeficial, because you're a social being and your desires have more than their physicality to them, they have a narrative structure, they have a place in the world, but now you only see these acts --which are your life-- as nothing more than irrelevant atoms.

Thankfully we have the internet now.

Because the dark ages and fear-based decision making styles make idiots of us all.

>Because the dark ages
That's a nice myth you've got there.

morality born into philosophy so yeah you should include >philosophy in that meme list

Most philosophies throughout the ages are a reaction against the given, unthinking morality of its time.

Because the seven "sins" are actually our primal instincts wich we are meant to overcome to find peace/god/enlightment...

It's like op is a fag who can't think

Lust isnt in of itself bad. Acting on it is bad

Sin is an act of disobedience to God.
God wants you to enjoy sex, thats why he made it so great. It is the most physically satisfying act of love. Sex is only done right if you are 100% in it to give pleasureto your partner. Paradoxically, that way it is most pleasurable to you. if your partner knows this too and loves you, things spiral out of control in loving ecstasy.
Promiscuity dissacosiates love and sex. It reduces sex to a fullfilment of carnal desire, which makes God sad cause you could do so much better if you only listened and applied yourself you lazy faggot.