A new puzzle by Cicada 3301 has appeared

A new puzzle by Cicada 3301 has appeared.

Your opinion on this, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

7111317192329.com/
sevens.exposed/31417.mp3
pastebin.com/smRatr3D
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot to post website:
7111317192329.com/

How did you find it OP?

I used to think games like this were cool, then I started working on goals that gave material reward.
A game is only worth as much as it enlightens and entertains you. I can get more of both from other places

Via the thread on /x/

The puzzle in 2012 did incredible things for how I think about problems.

bump

we are working in the puzzle. This year is different, but is Cicada for sure; the problem is that is way more complicated that other years. If you want to help search for the clues search the post about the site before pi day

I used to think that this is just one guy fucking around but when the original quest was distributed in countries from all over the globe I freaked the fuck out.

Cicada 3301 is some spooky shit, man. I wonder if they are some sort of crypto-anarchst organization or if that's all just a gigantic annual "art project". I hope that it is the first, because people who can decipher so much hidden information based on so little clues can surely do a lot of damage to our digital society.

*hope that it is second

If there isn't a pgp sign with the right key it's fake.
as far as i know we still have to decode Liber Primus

I think it's aimed at a target audience. Specifically those that have a natural aptitude to problem-solve while also being motivated to do so.

There are plenty of people that could easily solve the 'codes', but that takes the fun out of it for those that it is new to. I'm also sure that plenty of people that could are too lazy.

It's a waste of time for the average human to try to solve it. If you really were set on solving it look at the previously cracked 'messages' they sent out. After that look into all of the fields of maths targeted and start studying them. Once you have advanced knowledge in those fields I'd bet that you would have a solid chance at following a real-time Cicada problem.

Then when you finally solve it you are cordially invited to a meeting in Washington D.C. After arriving at the address you might expect that it would be the CIA or NSA. Instead to your suprise you arrive at the city dump.

You read the message one last time, in case it was a riddle. In very small letters you can make out something.

It says "You could have had a job, girlfriend and plenty of money. You instead decided to waste your time on a stupid fucking game."

Nope. PGP is dead.
So is twitter and all those fucking platforms.
Go back to uncovering wiki. We will work on this new Cicada 3301 puzzle. Its clearly legit.

its just an ARG.

I used to play these back in the early 2000s, I think halo 2 had one about a rampant AI or something, you had websites and breadcrumb puzzles, was called ilovebees.

unforums was a good resource back then.

Too elaborate to be an ARG. See >I used to think that this is just one guy fucking around but when the original quest was distributed in countries from all over the globe I freaked the fuck out.

it's not elaborate at all, i can even guess at some of the people behind it because we started off as a small group of about 50-60 nerds and it grew into thousands.

seems like it's a team based on US with a few people in other countries, some on or near US military bases.

briefly looking at the source code, I can tell you it's someone who learned to program after 2005 because of formatting and style, this makes them likely to be 20-30 years old, so 2nd generation ARG players who came in with Project Zyzygy and some of the other ones I cbf'd with, and by 2012 they wanted to make their own. It hasnt seen updates in forever because obviously they have no money, being students and volunteers.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's incredibly easy to create a difficult to crack puzzle. Solving it always a matter of trial and error and brute force by elimination. This isn't Godel's symbolic language here, it's just some comp sci nerds with too much time on their hands crafting at most a 7 layer problem.

Its so obviously bullshit only /x/ could fall for it. There is no PGP verifying its them and if it was this would be the only case of them revealing it like this in any of the puzzles, also its a fucking clock cipher, a 12 year old could do it.

Good try. PGP is useless. I guess you did not hear about Vault7 did you?
Newbie.

Let's see how stupid and easy it is.

Solve this :

How did you get this?

im not solving shit, but 'momus demands our attention' seemed incredibly poignant given the current political state in the US

nice

>Solve this

How the Church hooks nerds

Anyone know if the music is from anywhere?

Sounds good.

Just inspected and found that it's hosted at this url

sevens.exposed/31417.mp3

this image was hidden in another image (A painting from william blake,of Eve). Extracted it with binwalk.

Original compisition. I bet some note cipher are in there, since they sign all their music that way. ''The truth have been lost, find it'' Was hidden in the note of a previous song, The same way classical musician JS Bach used to sign his pieces.

USA gov puts on these things to recruit beta computer nerds so they don't counter act the governments will in their free time due to their talent.

Or it is a foreign organization looking for recruits for its cryptography stuff

That's hilarious, you're right about anyone important being too busy to solve these.

Vault7 didn't show anything, Cicada 3301 always signed their stuff so you knew it's them.
There are lots of posers trying to be like cicada but they fail because no PGP signed message with it.
That's how you know that it is cicada.

to correct, vault7 didn't show anything that wasn't already known.
Only the media hypes it up

Im thinking it is original. Its pretty decent. some talent to do this. There is harmony, pitch, intonation, all signs of real musicianship.Then there is the structure of the music itself. Its really quite well done I do not know how much code is in it tho. Bach only got so far.

Vault 7 didn't show anything? You must be a consumer of MSM. Vault 7 showed CIA Toolware, war code, and only 1% has been leaked so far. Take your PGP Nazism to the Reddit board.

If we can believe Wikileaks it's 1% ofcourse, that intelligence agencies having exploits is known for long time in information security community nothing new there, if you didn't read the Snowden docs now is a good time to start.
taking a crypto 101 course is also good if you don't know about cryptography.

Snowden was NSA, nothing to do with tools CIA developed independent of NSA

Its more than very good, Its very very good. Backmask was lame, but still

What part of intelligence agencies you don't understand?
All intelligence agencies in the world hack nowadays and it's been known longer than vault7.

Fuck I am going to be so unhelpful with this.
Anyway, is there like an actual thread or venue where people cooperate on this game?
I thought maybe something could be in the song: sevens.exposed/31417.mp3
At the 6 minute mark, there seems to be some reversed speaking. I have no idea how to reverse that easily. Maybe one of you can do it. I mean, I will probably not play this for very long.

it on /x/ But we're stuck on the Equation.
Hope Veeky Forums could help on that.

lol

>site made with godaddy website creator
Really makes you think

pastebin.com/smRatr3D

Daily reminder that Cicada signed shit using fucking SHA1 in *2015*. This ain't IC recruiting on Veeky Forums, this is just internet ARG bullshit.

Indeed, it really does make me think.

1% has been released so far, How can anyone say Vault7 is one and done?

And who do you suppose really owns the massive domain name hoarding corp that has been around since the start of the net?
RMYT.