Can the entire universe be explained with math?

Can the entire universe be explained with math?

Other urls found in this thread:

nautil.us/issue/46/balance/virtual-reality-poses-the-same-riddles-as-the-cosmic-multiverse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not just explained with, it IS math.

No. The entire mathverse can't even be explained with math.

so things like, say, human consciousness is a result of numbers?

Can the mathtire unimath be mathed with math?

and by the way it's a simulation
nautil.us/issue/46/balance/virtual-reality-poses-the-same-riddles-as-the-cosmic-multiverse
it's not just a theory for meme scientists, even sean carroll thinks this
>sean carroll
>SEAN CARROLL
>SEAN
>CARROLL

Math math math, math mat. Math math; math...

Math math your mathing math mathhole. I'll math my math math your maths.

Why do we speak in in English anyway, and not in math? Language is so inefficient.

Exmathly!

Nope

We have as yet no reason to believe otherwise. I'm agnostic when it comes to this.

No. But a lot of it can.

Care to explain your meaning, Superman?

If you had some math that you thought might describe the whole universe, then how could you check if it does or does not describe the part of the universe that is further away than where you can see?

>check
The leading theory of everything is uncheckable

also, david chalmers
>inb4 lel philosopcrap

>believing your limited pattern recognitions resemble consciousness.

Do the math, you can do it, right?
Why do you need me to answer you?

it helps us understand
but right now we don't understand shit

the universe

is

math

And math & music are same

I think the truer "definition" of math extends beyond our concept of numbers themselves obviously as they are a way we can interpret/understand it. Basically saying consciousness is a result of "numbers" would assume numbers as the universal constant while another species' system of arrangement may be different. The inherent harmony and order of "math" is what generates consciousness

I think once you start looking at music/ math as flip natures of the same coin we begin to broaden our perspective of what either really means

Of course not.

Nope.

But faith can. Through faith, God. God is the only comprehensive explanation for the existence of the entire universe.

God is not an answer. It's just a joker. A blank word that one uses when they don't have a clue.

Good luck convincing those that believe they have no faith in anything but facts

Yes
Human consciousness is not special
Just another example of emergent phenomena

It's foolish to think that we will ever have a clue, especially if you think this lifetime is all we have. There are many fundamental truths about reality that will never have any explanation besides a faith driven belief.

>"... we speak in in English anyway,..."
Your opinion is already invalid BECAUSE YOU CANT FUCKING SPEAK PROPER FUCKING ENGLISH SHITHEAD.

And that faith keeps you from looking for real clues. Good luck. I hope your kids die without enjoying life as it can be experienced.

>live humble and have your reward in the afterlife.

Brainlet here, can someone explain to me how quantum physics can be explained through mathematics?

Short answer: no.
Long answer: my dick is so long, it can't be expressed using numbers. I die from blood loss at every erection, but I get ressurrected each time because my schlong is out of this world.

>Tfw Earth maths have been mastered and want to learn alien maths

There should be a single equation to represent it. You'll never find it.

>implying OP's dick is the size of the universe
That's not possible if you can't find it

No math is a human invention that has self made rules to make it make sense, there's plenty of stellar phenomena that throws it all away even when scientists try to make up new rules.

Tbh the arrogance of mathematicians and all the science derived from it is astounding.

>implying math is discovered, not invented

Do you think there aren't mathematic equations in quantum physics? It's just much easier for people to understand quantum physics through allegory.

The universe is smaller then the math verse stupid nigger.

>implying math is invented, not discovered

I don't feel like its arrogance.

It makes sense that the universe behaves in a certain consistent way. Even if it changes, it makes sense that it should change in some particular way. Then the way it acts and the way it changes can be described in some mathematical relationship.

We might not know or understand that relationship, and it might require a kind of mathematics completely outside the current relm of human knowledge, and we might never understand it, but that doesn't mean that the relationships don't exist.

kek'd

This. Also some of those existent relationships could be exerting their influence on what we observe from "beyond" our universe. Some of them could forever remain inscrutable yet still be real.

No

Just because we can't prove shit doesn't mean we can't express it with math.

Of course.
Just because we don't know how it occurs doesn't mean that it's transcendent of the physical universe.

"We are a fluke of the Universe
And, believe it or not. the Universe
Is laughing behind our backs."

Current math, no. In the future maybe, but probably also no. Mathematics relies on a set axioms that you need to predefine & these arent self-consistent across all fields. Mathematics itself is a game people have developed and found to be extremely powerful and useful when applied the universe because then it becomes the study of relationships between 'objects' (physical or mathematical).

who are you quoting?

Completely, and if you knew every single thing there was to know as the big bang happened who you could hypothetically solve a equation that could predict everything. So basicly your whole life is already predetermined and you have no free will.

More precisely, math is our language for describing it.

Numbers are just measurement. Since consciousness is a phenomena in space over time, yes.
How could consciousness be the result of something nonmeasurable? It would have to lie outside reality and everything we know about it.

No, just because you can't explain mathematics with mathematics

No, a poor representation of a thing is not the thing itself. That's why when they shut off our simulation, they won't lose any sleep over it.