Intelligence of the population

I truly believe that as technology advances the intelligence of a population will decrease. Thousands of years ago a single human must be able to learn a variety of skills (hunting, making tools, etc) and also learn from their environment (type of predators, location of food etc). A human with greater mental capabilities would be more likely to gather enough resources to survive and reproduce. The selection pressure that gave way to the development of an intelligent ape is no longer there. We are heading towards Idiocracy.

Fight me brainlets

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We still do have to learn a variety of skills such as reading, writing, maths, what your job is, driving, the ability to use technology etc

do the general population actually learn and understand the fundamental aspects of these skills? or do they memorize from rote-learning?

hey bro, your story was cool

For some we have always been in an idiocracy type environment. It is about the individuals distance from the mean, not about the level of the mean.
Or to be more blunt:
Y'all stupid. When you think you are being smart you are merely intelligible to some of us. Having to parse the flawed logic of the thinking of the masses requires intellect. I really believe that two average people communicating is impossible above simple, 'look at this, this funny' type shared remarks.

Reading, writing, mathematics and driving are and can only be learned by lots of repeated exercise, which is rote you turbo brainlet.

Driving is more about muscle memory and spatial awareness.

without the tools ready for these tasks one would have to understand before doing. with ready made tools one can do before understanding. this is not a bad thing. this speeds discovery. the ones that before would invent these primitive tools are now expanding on them. but this has nothing to do with evolution anymore. it is not better for your genes survival that you develop things anymore. using tools enables you to survive and reproduce. getting a PhD will set back your breeding schedule.

>Driving is more about muscle memory and spatial awareness.
How do you think you develop that muscle memory and spatial awareness if not for lots of exercise?

It doesn't require intelligence though.

>mathematics
>can only be learned by rote learning

you should kys if this is not bait

By that reasoning, Biology (Which requires almost no exercises) requires more intelligence than Mathematics (Which requires mostly exercises) which is ridiculous to even think about.

Your post is bait.

>not understanding bait
yup brainlet confirmed.

Says the guy who does not capitalize the first letter of a sentence.
How ironic.

We will only devolve from this point on, maybe a few breathrus in the near fujture but thats about it. But lets be real, after we reach 14bil (wich is way above what the earth can manage to feed) everything will start going down, like really down. A lost of people die in 3rd world countries, a plague starts spreading in a rapid manor, one catastrophy will lead to another. Maybe a erruption occurs, theres smoke maybe a eartthquake fuck japan up or somtn, you get the point, one thing iwll lead to anotehr. this might be the end of the world, so we should start like in fayallout building shelters for intelligent people and working people also since we will need strong working lumberjackts to repopulate.

tl;dr the end is inevedabloe

->find course you want to study
->find facebook/etc group for that subject/university
->"hey i am offering 10$ for the first person to send me the complete course material per mail"
-> ???
-> Profit

>I truly believe that as technology advances the intelligence of a population will decrease.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

/thread

>the intelligence of a population will decrease.
It's always been decreasing. For a decade it's been increasing exponentially.

Don't worry, well, I mean worry a little bit but we can make simulations for the oculus rift or whatever is popular so that when we have to be released from our biopods we will know exactly what to do to get ready to relive life without tech.

It doesn't take a lot of mental capacity or intelligence to figure out all those survival necessities. Once they were figured out they weren't that hard to recreate or innovate.

Of course it will. But you're missing the point. This is what we WANT to happen.

It's been shown that the brains of animals shrink when they're domesticated. This is because there isn't as much need for intelligence.

We want technology to take off some of the burden that staying alive entails. As this happens, we can sit back and just enjoy living, instead of continually stressing all our systems including our minds trying to fight for survival.

This is the ultimate GOAL of technology. The only problem is ensuring it doesn't all fail while no one is left to pay attention...

We're evolving towards single use information hides. We will speciate based on level of access to the control mechanisms of the technology. Tech CEOs and programmers will evolve into one kind of human, and general technology using populace will be segmented and programmed by the technology they're given access to

Yes, no shit. Better nutrition and such reduce the amount of brain damage you get, but they don't actually make you any smarter.

Intelligence, like any other trait, is affected by selection. If being dumb doesn't prevent people from reproducing, and being smart gives no significant advantage, intelligence will drop over time.

>If being dumb doesn't prevent people from reproducing
It prevents you from reproducing with smart people, so we might expect polarization in the future.

t. turbo brainlet

>I truly believe that as technology advances the intelligence of a population will decrease.
So far it's been the opposite. Humans are at their smartest when they grow up well fed and well educated.

>having less brain damage doesn't make you smarter
u wot

this tbhfam