Well, Veeky Forums?

Well, Veeky Forums?

Depends on the kind of wood and copper, and their state/condition.
Also how much heated?

the wood will burn up so it is 2

Unanswerable unless you know temperature to which it is heated and what sort of wood (as different woods have different ignition points.) Also, what is the fulcrum made of?

Answer could be 1, 2 or 5

2 because the copper expands when heated whereas the wood shrinks as it loses moisture

Unless the wood loses moisture, the balance will be kept, as none of the masses change, despite one of them dilating more than the other.

#1 losing moisture is losing mass
#2 loss of moisture is why the wood shrinks
#3 the torque applied at the fulcrum is mass x distance, so if mass stays the same and distance changes, the lever falls out of balance

also kys microbrain

this.

>brainlets who only understand the concept of weight, too dumb to consider moments

>#1 losing moisture is losing mass
That's why I said "UNLESS it loses moisture"
You're right though. Ty for the explanation.

More like
>people who don't use their brains for physics and rather use it for something more worthwhile for them

If the weight decreases the moment decreases you fucking gaylord

t. butthurt brainlet

t. autist who thinks everyone should study the same shit as him

Lel. I thought science was smart.

2 obviously
Ignoring the loss of moisture, copper expands more than wood and thus the COM will shift to the right. The total moment about the COM becomes non-zero, and the bar tips down on the copper side.

The same is true if you do not ignore the moisture loss.

I'm a paleofag, and physics is my least favorite of the hard sciences, and I know why it's important to understand basic concepts in physics.
>hurr so what if I don't know not to eat random mushrooms I found innawoods? you biofags are autists for thinking that everyone should study mycology
stay salty, you brainlet.

@8752841
kys

>eh...eheh I bet you people don't know about [insert some random stamp I collected]

But thats exacly what youre doing. Everyone is

does the copper bend up or down?

The expansion is the key part. It will move the center of balance of the system.

the coefficient of expansion for wood isn't well defined for wood in the same way that it is for copper, if you ignore moisture it is possible, although not likely, to have a wood with a CoE bigger than copper