My struggle, knausgaard

Has anyone read this? What did you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Sterben-Roman-autobiographische-Projekt-Band/dp/3630873510
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've never read this guy but judging from that cover he is a complete fucking narcissist.

I read book 1 it was really really good. He writes so well and with a naturalness which is uncanny. None of it seems forced but all of it is amazing.

cozy book, should be called My Snuggle desu

read all 5 in pretty quick succession. Fun to read, relaxing in a weird way. Relatable if you're a young confused guy who tends to drink too much (i'm assuming like 90% of the people here)

Vol 2 is my favorite book of the year.
Vol 1 is my second favorite.

part 5 coming tomorrow in Poland (can't wait), despite my struggle 4 was kinda disappointing desu

Why are people so attracted to narcissism? Knausgaard, Trump, Kanye West, Nietzsche, Taoism. It's all a bunch of horse manure. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can grow up and acquire refined tastes.

Really good. Reading the third one now. There's something striking about how unpretentious and non-judgmental it is.

How can a book called Min Kamp be unpretentious?

It's like naming your son Adolf and claiming you just like the sound of it. Obvious provocation.

Kek

narcissists exemplify our deepest desires for fame and money.

>all 5
Kill yourself. Karl ove threads always bring out the stupid people

I don't get it. Is he stupid because you think five books is such a light load that even putting the word "all" in front of it triggers you? Or do you think there aren't five books or what?

Those aren't deep desires, they are very superficial and ubiqutous.

This thread has to be viral marketing, right? Who in their right mind reads books about an author wanking over himself?

I tried reading the first part and I found the style very uninteresting, a lot of people seem to like it though

Fucking shills

Every time a thread about this hack comes about these comments are always there

Its fucking great.

>As soon as you stop liking what i dont like you get a refined taste.

That is not narcissistic at all is it?

Fuck off retard.

kys

Shills at it again

Fuck off

I love the series, it's such an important work!

I assume he means that it cant be "all " since there are six books

I think there's a pretty serious disconnect between those who criticize it based solely on the knowledge he wrote a six-part memoir and put his face on the cover and what's actually in the books. It would be a different story if you at least read a little bit and knew what it's about and how the prose sounds before writing it off as pretentious, no?

>Relatable if you're a young confused guy who tends to drink too much (i'm assuming like 90% of the people here)

Horseshit

It's garbage

You could say that about any hack author

Durr I bet the people saying John Green is shit didn't even real all his books

But you judge him based on what then? What he writes about? I don't understand.

I judge him based on what is clearly his place in the dialectic of writers. As constituted in how he is marketed and who his fans are.

So not him or his writing, ok

What if ur actially a shill convincing people to actually read the book by being a literal autist.

My testes are already as refined as they get. What should I do nao desu senpai?

When you're theory is right, you don't need to know the facts

quality post bb

Will not read it because of it's name. C'mon Mein Kampf.

What is this book about even?

>waaah why cant people have good taste like me. My taste is best because im so humble
>waaah ive never read knausgaard but its okay for me to judge it because i know so much about human nature and the zeitgeist
>ugh people are so narcissistic.

>its literally impossible for people to like what i dont like
An hero implied

His autobiography, with some cool stuff along.
And the books were not translated as "Mein Kampf" in German.

amazon.de/Sterben-Roman-autobiographische-Projekt-Band/dp/3630873510

Knausgaard is a marketing project in the vein of David Wallace. Don't believe the hype.

Are people really triggered by sarcastically calling your memoir Mein Kampf?

protip: every book is about an author wanking over himself

Min kamp sounds completely natural in Norwegian. Just as "my struggle" in American English, or "my jihad" in British English.
Kamp is an everyday word. Fotballkamp, football match. Kampen er ikke over, the fight isn't over. Etc.
My struggle is a very good title for a biography, no wonder people like Hitler and Knausgård have used it.
t. Norwegian guy

Ah ok I thought the word Kampf had no meaning in German before the advent of Hitler

Wanking over him self? If so he is ejaculating heavy doses of shame and self critique all over.

But people like it because they can relate to the things that he thinks and experience and he write it really well. I think his observations and thoughts about other people are really interesting too.