Is CS a high IQ degree?

is CS a high IQ degree?

No

CS major here, can confirm. I am leagues beyond the physics, engineering, and math brainlets in my class.

Couple weeks into calculus 1 now, doing well, already past the chain rule and beyond. Quotient rule was a joke. Product rule remains my specialty.

I ask my professor his thoughts on quantum mechanics and partial derivatives. He's impressed i know about the subject. We converse after class for some time, sharing mathematical insights; i can keep up. He tells me of great things ahead like series and laplacians. I tell him i already read about series on wikipedia. He is yet again impressed at my enthusiasm. What a joy it is to have your professor visibly brighten when he learns of your talents.

And now I sit here wondering what it must be like to be a brainlet, unable to engage your professor as an intellectual peer.

All of the deep conversations you people must miss out on because you aren't able to overcome the intellectual IQ barrier that stands in the way of your academic success... it's so sad.

My professor and I know each other on first name basis now, but i call him Dr. out of respect.

And yet here you brainlets sit, probably havent even made eye contact with yours out of fear that they will gauge your brainlet IQ levels.

A true shame, but just know it is because i was born special that i am special. I can't help being a genius, nor can my professor.

Two of a kind is two flocks in a bush.

It depends on the country and the college.

I did it on Spain and it was basically EE oriented to computers (all types of computers, not only PCs) )plus a lot of AI, algorithmia and programming, including multi-threading and operative systems.

Programming in the abstract sense of the world, they never teached us any language. They just told us what we had to use and assumed we knew how to. I think I programmed in 10 different languages, including Haskell.

And then I talk with people from other colleges who have (theoretically) the same degree and I realize they have no clue. It's not even funny.

I forgot, I also had two courses of digital signal processing. It's probably what I like the most nowadays.

Nobody knows Einstein's IQ. Anyone who claims to know is making it up.

No
t. Am CS Major

lol, pretty good

Yes.

t. sauce:pure math & cs.

this made me smile, thank you user

its been a long time

As a CS major I'd say that while it isn't a "high IQ degree" per se, it is a "not low IQ degree."

You don't have to be smart, you just have to be not dumb.

goddamn yes CS majors understand the most of all that it's a pretty easy major as far as STEM goes. the math we do is pretty trivial. do you math and physics fags really feel that threatened?

hi OP, nice pasta OP

but iq is fake
so einstein was dumb
he was faking it

>Need to augment your brain with another bulky mechanical brain to get shit done.
>Intelligent.

Pick one.

Yeah.

You need a minimum of like 120, plus it pays more than eng, physics, or other sciences so it's competitive. Brainlets get forced out by competition, so the real minimum is more like 125.

have you tried restarting your computer?

>is CS a high IQ degree?

Learning computer languages is something an average mind can do as long as they put the work into it. I have a friend who is average intellectually but successfully passed a CS degree and has had numerous well paid contracting positions since. Mentally he's someone who is almost entirely emotionally orientated and is incapable of discussing abstract ideas and concepts.

Art major here.

CS major here, can confirm. I am leagues beyond the physics, engineering, and math brainlets in my class.

Couple weeks into calculus 1 now, doing well, already past the chain rule and beyond. Quotient rule was a joke. Product rule remains my specialty.

I ask my professor his thoughts on quantum mechanics and partial derivatives. He's impressed i know about the subject. We converse after class for some time, sharing mathematical insights; i can keep up. He tells me of great things ahead like series and laplacians. I tell him i already read about series on wikipedia. He is yet again impressed at my enthusiasm. What a joy it is to have your professor visibly brighten when he learns of your talents.

And now I sit here wondering what it must be like to be a brainlet, unable to engage your professor as an intellectual peer.

All of the deep conversations you people must miss out on because you aren't able to overcome the intellectual IQ barrier that stands in the way of your academic success... it's so sad.

My professor and I know each other on first name basis now, but i call him Dr. out of respect.

And yet here you brainlets sit, probably havent even made eye contact with yours out of fear that they will gauge your brainlet IQ levels.

A true shame, but just know it is because i was born special that i am special. I can't help being a genius, nor can my professor.

Two of a kind is two flocks in a bush.

Is this fresh pasta?

I'm CompE and one of my CS friend and another "Business CS" friend scored in the 135-140 and 140-145 range. However the average people in there are quite retarded, even here in CompE. I would guess the average IQ is 110-120 tops. You need to be not fucking stupid but that's all.

I know that's bait, but the one thing you said is interesting
>And yet here you brainlets sit, probably havent even made eye contact with yours out of fear that they will gauge your brainlet IQ levels.
I've found that some professors/lecturers are really friendly, and talk to you like a peer even while you are calling them Dr.
Then there's some professors who are very arrogant, and if you ask them a question they talk loudly and firmly. If you try to interrupt them to tell them they misunderstood your question, they ignore you and keep talking.

you're just learning how to calculate with calculus. you don't understand the why behind the fundamental theorem of calculus.

all you're ever going to be good for is fetching and retrieving information from other people who are smarter than you.

oh and what if they don't want to give you that information? you are fucked.

Your naivity is cute, but take note that this is an 18+ site and you should probably fuck off.

Gold

anyone who isn't a literal retard can get a CS degree if they want to. becoming a high tier software developer is what requires a high IQ.

Yes, 195 IQ

this made me grin for two minutes straight

alcohol maybe contributing factor

>when the professor clearly misunderstands a student's question and starts lecturing about the same obvious shit they were already talking about

grinds my gears every time

not in the slightest

I changed majors from mechanical engineering to computer science during my 4th year. CS is fun but it's a joke as far as difficulty. why do you think gender diversity is such a big issue in CS and not hard engineering?

Yes, it's easier, but you will make more money than 1488IQ autists on Veeky Forums