It's time to put this debate to rest

It's time to put this debate to rest.
which is heavier?
a kilogram of steel? or a kilogram of feathers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uH0hikcwjIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Steel obviously

Steel experiences less buoyancy.

steel is less floaty, so feathers

Steel, because steel is heavier than feathers.

youtube.com/watch?v=uH0hikcwjIA

Are we on the mün? Or murs

A megaton of feathers would be heavier than both.

Fucking retard

What, steel is heavier than feathers, you idiot. Anyone can see that.

a kg of steel would fall faster so it must be heavier

22 benis 8=========D~~~~~~~~~~~~~

XDDDDDDD

This is the only truth.

NOW STOP OPPRESSING ME WITH QUESTIONS DELIBERATELY COMPLICATED TO KEEP US WOMYN DOWN BECAUSE WE'RE SMARTER AND THAT FRIGHTENS YOU

i get really mad whenever i watch limmy videos on youtube because 90% of the comments are retarded americans going "durr i can't understand their language"
why are americans such brainlets

no you're retard. steel is heavier than feathers

Depends where they are, that's all. If they were both measured in the same location at the same time (somehow) they would weigh the same.

Steel, being more dense and mailable, could be closer to the gravitational reference object. Steel can be heavier.

well the steel is heavier, ya daft bastard

Steel.

Assuming a sphere Earth, your typical pile of feathers vs your typical steel ingot.

The center of mass of the pile of feathers will be further from the center of the earth than the center of mass of the steel ingot. The steel ingot will therefore weigh more.

They're both a kilogram, so just as heavy

It's actually feathers.

Weight depends on the pull of gravity. A kilogram of feathers have a higher volume for gravity to act on and hence weighs higher. A kilogram of feathers have more mass than Steel.

>approaches the microphone
>"wrong"

>engineers try to talk about physics

fine, I'll be the one to post it

>this debate
Lrn2debate fgt pls

>heavy things fall faster
t. Aristotle

How much volume would a kilogram of feathers occupy, assuming we don't crush them and simply let them set.

Three fiddy aprox.

>not accounting for air buoyancy

Feathers are lighter because the air doesn't push them down as hard

Why did I read this in a weird accent?

Feathers.

The feathers also carry the weight of what you had to do to the poor birds

They're both the same, there wluld just be alot more feathers to make up the weight

what? A kilogram of feathers has the same mass as a kilogram of steel. Weight is directly dependant on mass (F=ma anyone?).
This thread is pure troll

The one and only right answer. Kek'd.

The feathers are heavier. This is due to the microgravitational forces of the top of the steel pulling on the center. Steel is heavier than feathers so the force acting on it is greater, counteracting some of the Earth's pull.

No difference in weight, however de volume is a huge difference.

But he's right, the steel is heavier than feathers. Look at the scale: the 1kg of steel is on a tiny plate, and the "1kg" of feathers is on a huge plate.
so the steel is heavier
i'm not a native speaker, and to me his accent just adds another level of comedic value to the videos. i understand about 60% of the words and fill in the rest through context. However, there's one video ("what's yer hing") where their accents are so thick i literally can't understand anything.

mass != weight != volume
smdh familia

kilogram of steel is heavier of course it is, even a fine plate of steel could cut a feather, so it is harder, and this means that the molecules are held together more closely, so more matter for the same mass
>feels good to have an engineer with a 127 IQ

>The feathers are heavier. This is due to the microgravitational forces of the top of the steel pulling on the center. Steel is heavier than feathers so the force acting on it is greater, counteracting some of the Earth's pull.

If I dropped a kilogram of steel and then a kilogram of feathers on your head which would you feel was heavier?